Dream Member
    Blog Entries

Who is doing IG girl diet?

I have really started doing the IG diet about 2 weeks ago.

- I am skipping breakfast and have a glass of skim raw milk around 11-12 with a few raspberries or strawberries.

-I will have a cup of non-fat yogurt with a pack and half aspartame and a few raspberries or strawberries.

- Now dinner is confusing on the IG diet. She says we can only have 1-2 at the most from Tier 2 a day (are you kidding me???). I have a little bit more.

I eat the most, which isn't a lot, at dinner (because I need the energy to go outside and run/walk 65-70 minutes up and down hills 6 days week. I live in the mountains.) I have either 4 1/2 oz of wild pacific cod on the grill with unsalted butter and Mrs. Dash(80-85mg of Sodium) every other day. I have 4 1/2 oz of chicken on the other days. I might eat lamb once a week. I am going to start trying to make a egg fried rice dinner. I am going to cook some white rice and cook an egg in the finish rice on my flat iron grill with some shredded Parmigiano Reggiano maybe twice a week at dinner.

I eat either white rice or pasta with a tablespoon of Costco's Kirkland Shredded Parmigiano Reggiano at dinner too. It has 30mg of sodium per tablespoon. I sometimes will have a few green beans or skinless cucumbers too. I am also having another 8oz of the skim raw milk too. Is this really too much on the girl diet from tier 2? I might be eating at most 1100-1200 calories a day on top of doing cardio that I am burning 450-600 calories a day (6 days a week). I am under my sodium and potassium intake. What do you think? I also take chitosan before my dinner (it asborbs that fat in your food).

I am also taking the 1250mg of calcium citrate, 300mg of Magnesium citrate, 800 mg of vitex 2 times a day, 1 saw palmetto, cranberry(equivalent to 6000mg of fruit) 1200mcg of folic acid, 100-200mcg of B12, 200IU of Vitamin E, 25mg of 25 mg of Zinc.

Oh and don't forget the 3x times a day of 16 oz of crystal light in aquafina water, 1-2 aquafina water, and 1-2 16oz of perrier water.

I am losing the weight though....

Side note... For my cheat treat I will have a 1/2 cup of dryers slow churned light no sugar added vanilla ice cream that has Splenda in it.... It only has 30mg of sodium per serving.
    Last edited by jjc3434; May 31st, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
    I have 3 boys. I lost about 40 lbs since last year. Did the LE and BD once and got a BPF ( late April). Sort of in shock! I was planning on moving on with my 3 boys in life and not TTC anymore after April, but God had another plan.

200520072009 and finally a littleborn in January 2013 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    I'm not doing the IG diet (I'm doing the low-everything diet!) but I wanted to say it sounds like you're so dedicated - especially with all that running and walking! How long did it take you to lose 23lb? I'm only on day 1 of my diet and I so hope it gets easier!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Member
    Blog Entries
    I started eating less, better, and working out in February. I was breastfeeding though and only could manage to lose 10lbs over 3 months. I just can't lose the fat on my hips and stomach while breastfeeding. I have dropped the other 13lbs a lot easier since I stop breastfeeding at the end of April. This diet sure drops the weight fast for sure too.

I have to force myself to do the cardio... but I remind myself though exercise maintains low blood sugar, increase progesterone, decreases estrogen and testosterone. I didn't exercise before all my 3 sons. I added salt to everything, was the same or gaining weight, ate a lot of meat, tomatoes fresh and cooked, ate a lot of fruit and veggies, chocolate, and had a half of avocado everyday...lol
    I have 3 boys. I lost about 40 lbs since last year. Did the LE and BD once and got a BPF ( late April). Sort of in shock! I was planning on moving on with my 3 boys in life and not TTC anymore after April, but God had another plan.

I'm sort of combining the low everything diet and the IG diet. I'm eating similarly to you - I don't eat much all day: no breakfast, a yogurt for lunch, pretty much no snacks all day....but then I eat a pretty big dinner because I'm starved! I usually keep well within the sodium guidelines, and like you only eat about 1000-1200 calories a day. I found when I started out on the low everything diet I just wasn't functioning with such little protein, so I eat chicken or fish about 3-4 times a week and have pasta the times in between. I've been making some of the recipes from the IG girl cookbook, and they're not bad. I also snack on strawberries or raspberries in the evening. The one thing I don't do is eat/drink lots of aspartame - I'm just leary of the stuff. I may add some CL to my diet in the week of O, but other than that I don't want to go overboard on it.

I was a big salt eater before too, so this diet is really hard for me. I've never been more aware in my life of the sodium and protein content of food. I always ate what I wanted when I wanted. I've lost about 5 lbs on 3 weeks on this diet - I'm now 125 lbs, which I haven't been since I was a teenager.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Member
    Blog Entries
    I cooked up some white rice and then I put it on my iron skillet with a little unsalted butter and cooked one egg with 1 1/2 tablespoons of Shredded Parmigiano Reggiano. It was really good and filling. I think I am going to eat this 3-4 times a night at dinner now. I made sure to take my chitosan before the meal.

You gals are doing fantastic! Keep up the good work!!!