Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Those changes you made in the diet are all fine by me.

Frequency has not worked regardless, and at 4 days there is NOT a large buildup of dead/abnormal sperm. It takes 7-10 days for that to happen.

Yes, it can recover in that time frame. Again, it takes 7-10 days of daily release (every day, barring none) to lower sperm count and inhibit conception and you're not in that window at all.

I'd just have him either "do what he does" (avoiding long abstains or long stretches of daily release) or else have him do regular release every 2-4 days and then keep the one attempt.

After that one attempt I'd suggest going to e4d after that, in the "every 72 hour" or "monday Thursday" pattern (it's the same pattern, just whatever's easier for you to understand.)

Okay, great! That helps! And I’m glad to know that about the dead sperm....so it looks like we didn’t really have to have him waste that first batch the first time we DTD on pos OPK day? Or is that right to lower count for pink, but not enough to lower conception odds completely?

Thank you for taking the time to answer quickly!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was the original thinking but we had so much trouble with that method that very few people used it (husband couldn't perform afterwards, or there was so few sperm people didn't conceive), and since none of the frequency patterns worked anyway we've dropped it. It won't hurt anything (other than chance of conception) but I doubt it helps, eitehr.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That was the original thinking but we had so much trouble with that method that very few people used it (husband couldn't perform afterwards, or there was so few sperm people didn't conceive), and since none of the frequency patterns worked anyway we've dropped it. It won't hurt anything (other than chance of conception) but I doubt it helps, eitehr.
    Okay....well, what is done is done for this first month since we already had the attempt. Maybe since it had been several days, it won’t hurt our chances too much that we dumped the first batch the afternoon before our attempt late that night. If we get a BFN, I’ll know next month!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One last thing...how long should we do this given our age before changing things up? I’m only doing the diet, exercise (when I can, but not often enough-youngest still nursing all through night and sleeping terribly making it hard for time to exercise!) and one attempt.

I thought I was doing the right thing this month by having DH release and dump it and then doing it again that night (using the batch) at + OPK. We only did it bc we thought it was too much dead/abnormal rather than doing it for frequency, but now I know better! I can only pray since it had been 4-6 days since release and the fact that there was roughly nine hours between the batch we dumped and batch we used, that the count was still high enough to not cut odds of conception too much. Maybe there is Hope this month!

I think if this taught me anything, it’s that at the end of the day, I just want a healthy baby even more than another girl! ❤️ But it’s nice to know I’ve tried.

Your wealth of knowledge and honesty is refreshing and helpful! Thanks again!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RNmommyof4 View Post
    Okay....well, what is done is done for this first month since we already had the attempt. Maybe since it had been several days, it won’t hurt our chances too much that we dumped the first batch the afternoon before our attempt late that night. If we get a BFN, I’ll know next month!
    Hey, you can still get pregnant - FX and TX too!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long to try is 100% up to you. I tend to err on the side of having people drop stuff to get pregnant FAST, but some people really prefer to go at a slower pace and keep doing a stricter sway longer. Totally at your discretion - you have to balance the importance of having a certain kind of sway vs. how quickly you want to get pregnant - and that's something I really can't answer for you.

I'd prob. give it another month on one attempt since this month u did have the abstain/release beforehand but totally up to you.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again!
    I wanted to let you know we got our BFP today!!! I am surprised, as I thought surely we messed it up! Feeling incredibly blessed!

We got it with our one attempt (and after a dumped batch no less) on the day of + OPK. With that and close to 6 months on diet and other factors, I feel like we have done our part! Time will tell...but I can truly say I am ecstatic either way!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush, Pink rose 76 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations, fingers crossed you have a little pink bundle onboard

11. Likes RNmommyof4 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbear View Post
    Congratulations, fingers crossed you have a little pink bundle onboard
    Thank you SO much! ❤️❤️

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Huge congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12