Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

signs and symptoms of early pregnancy

Update - 12-24-17

Update 1) Please note that the pink and blue storks in this essay are just for fun, you CANNOT tell your baby's gender from symptoms and these symptoms are all equally applicable to any pregnancy regardless of the gender of your baby.

Update 2) Since pregnancy symptoms are caused by hormones (particularly progesterone) that are also at higher levels after ovulation, it is very, very common to experience symptoms that seem pregnancy-ish when you are not pregnant. Do not go off your sway diet until you have a positive pregnancy test even if you're sure that you are pregnant.

Update 3) You cannot be having pregnancy symptoms before implantation has occured. You may be experiencing symptoms of some sort but it's not from pregnancy, it's from hormone fluctuations. It is believed that some months when you are high in hormones and having a lot of hormonal symptoms, you are also more likely to conceive then - so it's possible to have early symptoms in a month you do end up conceiving, but the symptoms are not caused by pregnancy, they're caused by high hormone levels that then enable pregnancy to occur. It is fine if you do not believe that this is the case, it is fine if you are certain you knew you were pregnant 3 days past ovulation, but whether you believe it or not, don't go off your sway diet till you have a positive pregnancy test.

Update 4)You MUST take a pregnancy test before starting hormonal supplements, drinking alcohol, and especially before starting Clomid or Femara. Even if you have had no symptoms, even if you had what you think was a period, even if you are 110% sure you are not pregnant, take a pregnancy test 14 DPO or the day you're due to start your medication in the case of Clomid and Femara. You can have what appears to be a totally normal period and be pregnant the entire time and you can cause your baby serious harm taking these things while you are pregnant.

Update 5) You cannot tell your baby's gender from early pregnancy symptoms or from the darkness of your pregnancy tests. Please read my reply in this thread for a thorough explanation as to why this is. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...cy-test-2.html

We have a helpful FAQ thread about getting and staying pregnant here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pregnancy.html

Are you a nervous wreck waiting to test? You may be able to tell if you're pregnant days before you can POAS.

Fatigue - One of the earliest signs of pregnancy for many of us is sheer, mind-numbing exhaustion. Since a lot of moms feel that way on a daily basis anyway, this is kind of a tough one to notice!

Sore, tingling breasts - When I was TTC my third son, I was getting something out of my car and I barely hit my breast on the car door. But I had a huge amount of pain and tingling and I knew then and there I was pregnant, even though I hadn't even missed my period yet. If you're breastfeeding, you may not notice this, but you may notice you are suddenly making less milk or nursing has become painful.

Spotting and cramping - 7-10 days after conception, you may experience a little spotting as the egg implants in your uterus. Or you may have mild to severe menstrual-like cramps. (this may happen a little sooner if you have gone HT)

Nausea and vomiting - Usually these symptoms come along a little later in pregnancy, but if you're expecting twins it can strike quite early!! Sensitivity to smell is also a very early sign for some.

Food aversions, cravings, changes in appetite - if you're suddenly grossed out by the thought of chicken or eating massive amounts of chocolate, that can be a sign that you're eating (or not eating) for two!

Feeling lightheaded - Your blood vessels dilate and this can lead to low blood pressure and dizziness, even fainting if you get up too quickly.

Moodiness - This is one symptom you can't really trust, because many of us get moody/anxious right after ovulation and/or right before our periods anyway. Still, it can be a sign of pregnancy.

Constipation - For some of us, this is one of the earliest signs we experience. Progesterone affects the intestines and makes them work more slowly.

Headaches and migraines - Headaches and hormonal migraines are extremely common in early pregnancy. Even if you've never had a migraine before, you may experience them in early pregnancy. This may be a result of the lower blood pressure and dilated vessels.

Vaginal discharge - You're already beginning to form a mucus plug in your cervix that will be with you for the next 9 months - along with a mild but noticeable discharge.

Frequent urination and thirstiness - These two things go hand in hand with pregnancy and can start very early on.

Changes in sexual appetite - You may want to DTD more or want your husband as far away as possible.

Heartburn, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, sciatica, pelvic pain - For those of us who have had several pregnancies, we may begin to experience the aches and pains caused by relaxin (the hormone your body releases that allows your tissues to stretch enough to allow a baby to pass through the birth canal) very early on.

NOTE: these are not boy and girl symptoms, I just used pink and blue icons to make them easier to see!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 24th, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks this is really helpful

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. I thought I had no symptoms in the 2WW, but in hindsight I got heartburn at 6DPO. Took a couple of tums and went to sleep. And I did get dizzy, but as I usually have low BP, that happens quite often so I thought nothing of it.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused

Though the signs and symptoms that I'm having are pretty much promising, like I have extremely sore breasts, dizziness when I get up too quickly, constipation then and now, fatigue,uterine twinges but most of these symptoms I also have , though to a lesser extent, before my AF comes. So I donot know whether to keep my hopes up and still afraid that it will only end with a heart break

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do symptoms come and go in early preg? Like yesterday my boobs were extremely sore, today not as sore....so of course I am getting worried..ahhhh HELP!!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great list !!
    There is one thing i noticed before poas that made me think i was pregnant and that was quicker breathing. Its double time and shallower for extra circulation and blood flow to the uterus. Noticed this the last couple of pregnancies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jils04 View Post
    Great list !!
    There is one thing i noticed before poas that made me think i was pregnant and that was quicker breathing. Its double time and shallower for extra circulation and blood flow to the uterus. Noticed this the last couple of pregnancies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    I get that, too, Jills! That's what made me test with DS2- I was carrying DS1 up the stairs and was so short of breath. Even just laying still makes my breath quicken when preggo! Plus, towards the end of pregnancy, I notice more veins going to my lungs and uterus. Crazy!!
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only a few of these are really happening for me at the moment. Boo.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really stopped beleiving in early pregnancy symptoms.
    Last month,starting from 5 dpo,I had all the pregnancy symptoms in the worls,seriously,I was 1 million percent sure I was pg, sure to the degree that even afterAF came full force,I couldnt beleive it,and poas just to triple check,BFN surely,but after that,I promised myself I would never ever over analyze a symptom.
    Dd 7 Ds 5 Dd nov 24/2013 (my 30 weeker preemie )chemical January 09

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the trouble with some of these things is that they can also happen from ovulation/impending AF.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast