Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

2 dpo w/symptoms? Is that even possible?

My dh and I just started ttc this month. I'm 2 dpo and definitely not getting my hopes up but for the first time every I have spotting w/O on Saturday. Today I have been feeling REALLY crampy in my back and lower abdomen. I have had a major headache all day which I never have at all. I have felt some sharp pains in my side and my right bb is tingly. It's the feeling that you get when your milk lets down. Also just 5 minutes ago I started having some heartburn. The only times I've ever had heartburn was when I was pg with ds1 and ds2. Also everything tastes weird to me. I've also been extremely tired all day. Is it even possible to have any of this 2 dpo. Oh! And my cm is watery and there's not a lot. Any advice would be helpful. Like I said I'm not getting my hopes up because with ds 2 it took 10 months to concieve.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there, I had cramping with my two boys from day of ovulation till around 3mths! Good luck to you!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I've got my fx! Gently swayed girl so here's hopping I get a bfp in 2 weeks!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with you, feeling early symptoms but wondering if I am nuts. My boobs feel like they are huge and going to explode yet look really the same. So dehydrated, tired, headache. Hope we get our BFPs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it possible to feel pregnancy symptoms at 2DPO?

Absolutely not. Sorry. The absolute earliest the egg can even start implantation - and that is EXCEPTIONALLY early - is 4dpo. Implantation then takes a day or two. The vast majority of eggs implant between 5-7dpo. You wouldn't want the egg to start implanting at 2dpo because you'd have an ectopic, the fertilized egg needs 2-3 days to travel down the fallopian tubes in the first place.

The reason you feel symptoms is because the hormone that causes pregnancy symptoms (nausea, cramps, boob pain, fatigue, and all the rest) is progesterone - which pregnant or not is produced by your body in the luteal phase. It's just that if you get pregnant progesterone is produced continuously to maintain the pregnancy, and if you aren't then the progesterone falls so you get your period.

Sorry to disappoint, but you'll really just have to hang on to see!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

6. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh Lace, I disagree with you there. As soon as sperm meets egg I believe the cogs start turning. I had preg symptoms with both of my last pregnancies from 2-3dpo ... So while I don't know if your particular sxs are preg related, I do think you can experience signs very early. Fx'd for BFP's! Xx
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Is it possible to feel pregnancy symptoms at 2DPO?

Absolutely not. Sorry. The absolute earliest the egg can even start implantation - and that is EXCEPTIONALLY early - is 4dpo. Implantation then takes a day or two. The vast majority of eggs implant between 5-7dpo. You wouldn't want the egg to start implanting at 2dpo because you'd have an ectopic, the fertilized egg needs 2-3 days to travel down the fallopian tubes in the first place.

The reason you feel symptoms is because the hormone that causes pregnancy symptoms (nausea, cramps, boob pain, fatigue, and all the rest) is progesterone - which pregnant or not is produced by your body in the luteal phase. It's just that if you get pregnant progesterone is produced continuously to maintain the pregnancy, and if you aren't then the progesterone falls so you get your period.

Sorry to disappoint, but you'll really just have to hang on to see!
    I have to admit i agree with this point of view, i've had every symptom under the sun early on in the 2ww but all cycles were bfn. The one cycle was really bad, starting at 3dpo i had a metallic taste, sore boobs, felt sick etc turned out that cycle i had a second o 6 days after first, it was a fake think it was hormone and my body was struggling to o. With my bfp cycle i had nothing til right on when af was due.

Not saying that your not pregnant but symptoms are more likely to be from something else
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Either way, my fingers are crossed for you! I dont know when symptoms start but I'm 2DPO and feeling the stab/twinge in my right ovary area....who knows really?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What bears repeating is that pregnancy symptoms are NOT different from 2ww symptoms. I'm not saying any of you ladies are imagining things, or that your previous 2ww symptoms were psychosomatic. You CAN get pregnancy symptoms in the 2ww whether pregnant or not. Again, because pregnancy symptoms are caused by progesterone. High progesterone causes nausea, fatigue, bloating, sore boobs, moodiness....sound familiar?

So early luteal phase symptoms aren't caused by pregnancy. They're caused by sustained progesterone. It is IMPOSSIBLE for HCG to be causing symptoms at 2dpo because HCG isn't produced until after implantation, which isn't until 5-7dpo.

It's like the implantation dip, or triphasic chart. You can get all of these whether you're pregnant or not. Cramping and twinging at 2dpo (assuming you actually O'ed and it wasn't a fake O) is due to the ovulation process finishing up and originates around your follicle/corpus luteum, not the uterus.

The point is, pregnancy is not a separate event from the 2ww. It's the continuation of the 2ww. Think of AF as cutting short the reproductive process, and successful pregnancy as continuing the reproductive process, and you can see how pregnancy symptoms are not different from 2ww symptoms. They're the same thing.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

11. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    So early luteal phase symptoms aren't caused by pregnancy. They're caused by sustained progesterone. It is IMPOSSIBLE for HCG to be causing symptoms at 2dpo because HCG isn't produced until after implantation, which isn't until 5-7dpo.
    Ok... I totally disagree with this statement. I read (perhaps falsely, but I don't believe so) that as soon as sperm meets egg, it starts to churn out hcg. It doesn't register in high enough levels for it to be caught on a stick or blood test until .. whenever .. but it is in your system in tiny amounts.

I experienced COMPLETELY different symptoms with my first pregnancy to my normal 2ww symptoms. My boobs grew HUGE and super painful at literally 3dpo. That is an estrogen thing by the way, not progesterone.

In any case, I don't ever discount 2ww pregnancy symptoms in the first week or so, because they can and do happen. It might be a simple case of super sensitivity to my own body -- but I've ALWAYS known I was pregnant before getting my bfp (I have had bfp's as early as 6/7dpo, as was the case with ds2).

Good luck anyway, hope you guys get your bfp's!
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast