Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

6 dpo and seem to be producing breastmilk again?!

I completely stopped breastfeeding my ds last October. I will be 6 dpo tomorrow. My right breast has been achy the past few days but then today I started getting a let down sensation in my right breast. My nipple felt like needles when going into it so I ran to the bathroom and took off my bra bc it was hurting so bad. I squeezed my areola a little bit and breastmilk starting leaking out. It was not colostrum. It was definitely milk. I have not produced a single ounce of milk since January. Please help me figure out what's going on!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not the most informative reply (sorry) but I have had some milk too and stopped BF back in June. Unsure whether it's an early pregnancy sign or just good old female hormones!
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i haven't nursed in years but can still squeeze something out. That being said, letdown feeling was always a preg symptom for me. Good luck!
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PS What DPO are you now? Ready to test?
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any personal experience, but anything's possible in the 2ww! LOL

If you're not preggo this cycle though, I would suggest you go get it checked out. I was reading on another forum about abnormally high prolactin levels, and main symptom was the lady's milk coming back. Prolactin interferes with progesterone and conception, (ie. why bf'ing is reliable for contraception in early months) so if this is your problem you'll need meds to bring that prolactin back down or you'll have issues conceiving.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your replys. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply but I was trying to stay away bc I was really starting to obsess over every little "symtom". I'm 16 dpo now. I took an hpt at 12 dpo(negative) had a beta 13 dpo bc of medication that cannot be taken during pregnancy. I figured if it didn't happen this cycle I would take a break for a few months. The dr said my hcg was 0 but I truly have "felt pregnant" the past 2 days. I have every symptom possible, common and uncommon, except morning sickness. I think if I still feel this way next week I will test again. Oh yeah and af is 3 days late with no signs of visiting anytime in the near future.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i had this, got my bfp a week late and was only faint then - i stopped feeding ds3 18 months ago - i think its quite common
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together