Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down Still no period

Hi, I don't know where else to ask for advice about this and I've posted before at the beginning, but usually my periods are between 26 and 29 day cycles. I don't know for sure if I ovulated or not but I did get a positive ovulation test on CD 16 which was May 13th (last "try" was may 12) and I feel like I had my typical symptoms of ovulating but I don't temp or anything. Well now it's CD 43 and I still have no sign of my period and I took 3 preg tests around CD 30, 31 and 37 that were all negative. Well the first one might have had an evap line or might have been faintly positive which if it was would be a chemical pregnancy sign I guess, but could have been evap. Anyway at what point should I be going to the OBgyn about this? I'd like to have another try at getting pregnant and my stupid period is just inexplicably absent. > Online it says if you miss 3 periods or more then to go in but that seems like a lot especially after having super regular cycles normally.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know for sure my body has geared up to O, got a +OPK, and didn't. My OPKs went negative, then 3 days later, another +. Strange but true. What are you taking in the way of supps? Some of them can really mess up O.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying for a girl so I'm on vitex (until +O test), saw palmetto (until day 12), baby aspirin and folic acid. I haven't had this problem before that's why it's so weird. My periods were ridiculously regular up until this month now it's just more than 2 weeks late for no apparent reason.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I've been on those supplements since about Jan 1st or so. I did 6 weeks then we started trying in Feb.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a bit of a dumb question - were all of the pregnancy tests out of the same pack? If so I'd be tempted to buy a completely different free test and test again (me being a poas addict!) x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I just realized I took 4 actually, but the first 2 were wondofo so I took a FRER and then another wondofo from a different set I ordered a week or more later.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honesty, they'll probably laugh you out of the office if you go in on CD 43. The rule really is to wait for 3 missed periods, I know it sounds ridiculous to wait that long if your cycle is normally regular but it's how they do it. Unless you have a really understanding doctor, they won't do anything now anyway.

Have you been having unprotected sex in the meantime?? (or last try May 12 means last unprotected sex?_

It sounds to me that you did not ovulated yet this cycle (or you may, but just recently) and thus the whole show is delayed.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cagirl1214 View Post
    I'm trying for a girl so I'm on vitex (until +O test), saw palmetto (until day 12), baby aspirin and folic acid. I haven't had this problem before that's why it's so weird. My periods were ridiculously regular up until this month now it's just more than 2 weeks late for no apparent reason.
    For whatever reason the supps can still cause this to happen after a while. Not always but sometimes. THey can have a cumulative effect.

What is your diet and BMI looking like?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My rule of thumb (when TTC.. I am not so jumpy when not because "a little bit longer before AF? COOL!" lol but even then if I get to around 3-4 months w/o AF I call) is no AF by CD 60=call the doctor. I have to make an appt which puts me closer to CD 70-80 (depending on how booked up he is) but we have worked together long enough, done tests enough times and seen enough of my charts that he knows that I know my body pretty well. I have been charting for years and *for me* I know *I* have never ovulated beyond CD 45. So I call my doc get some tests run and if I haven't O'd (sometimes my chart can be wonky due to random wake up times and I'm not sure) and my blood work doesn't show any signs of O then my doc intervenes. I know the wait sucks but give it a bit more time then call your doc, if necessary. Everybody's bodies can get a bit random at times. Even someone with clockwork cycles can have a random long or short cycle every now and then. Until then act like you are preg just to be safe (i.e. don't do anything you wouldn't do if you knew for fact you were preg).
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We had unprotected sex May 12 then a few protected times, but the last time at all was May 16 because right now my husband is living in GA and I am in CA because he had to start a new job there before we could move. I guess the stress could be causing it (online it said stress can but usually intense stress like a death or major illness) but I just don't really feel stressed about it so much even though that sounds weird, I'm more excited than anything but I guess just the change of lifestyle or something. I have to say though I'm getting pretty close to throwing all this stuff out the window and just trying every other day through my cycle without using ov tests. It's so frustrating and it seems like I'll never get pregnant this way. Especially if the dumb ovulation tests don't even really tell me anything. I've always used them in the past and they worked like a charm but they don't seem to be telling me anything this time around. I've been trying to stick to the low everything diet especially staying away from anything with a ton of salt and drinking aspartame drinks. My BMI is between 18 and 19% from what the online calculator said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast