Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Post ovulation stuff

This might seem crazy but does anyone else know soon after ovulation that the egg didn't get fertilized and AF is going to happen?? About 4 days after I ovulate I feel mild cramping for a few days then it will go away and happen again a few days before AF.. I feel like every month I can just tell I'm not going to get a BFP because of the way I feel.. Anyone else feel they can just feel they can tell they didn't get pregnant so soon after ovulation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When we were TTC our three, I swear the months I wasn't pregnant were the months I had the most "pregnancy" symptoms. The months we conceived I felt hardly anything. lol
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    When we were TTC our three, I swear the months I wasn't pregnant were the months I had the most "pregnancy" symptoms. The months we conceived I felt hardly anything. lol
    I have talked to 123,456,789 people who have either sworn they could feel that they were pregnant at 2 DPO only to turn out not to be (and many of them had not even ovulated yet LOL) or who were in the depths of despair a couple days after O, because they had no symptoms only to turn out to be pregnant that I cannot put much stock into this at all. My rule of thumb is anything 7 DPO or later may be the real deal and the later it is, the more likely it is to be real.

The problem is, progesterone makes pregnancy symptoms. And we all have a boost in progeseterone right after ovulation. So it's very easy when we may possibly be hopeful and symptom spotting anyway, to pick up on things that we don't usually notice.

Good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic.. I just assume it AF symptoms because I get these symptoms every month and I always get AF... I just wonder why at 6 DPO why I feel my body preparing for AF already!!!!! I never felt any type of implantation with my first two pregnancies .. but it's been withing the last year I can feel the ovulation pains which I never used to feel prior to having kids.. not sure if it's just me aging or what

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Your body makes a big burst of progesterone at ovulation and then a big burst of estrogen about 7 DPO (that is very likely what you are noticing) and either or both of those things can make symptoms every month. You have this associated with AF coming because the symptoms feel similar and it happens for you in a similar way each month but they are not the same thing and you can very likely have certain symptoms that you have associated with AF coming and be pregnant the whole time.

I know people don't tend to believe me on stuff like this but it's true. No need to argue about it, if you think I'm full of beans on this that's fine, I just don't want you to feel false despair or false hope when it isn't warranted.

I also never had O pains when I was younger but got them much more noticeably as I got older.

7. Likes butterfly8 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You don't. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Your body makes a big burst of progesterone at ovulation and then a big burst of estrogen about 7 DPO (that is very likely what you are noticing) and either or both of those things can make symptoms every month. You have this associated with AF coming because the symptoms feel similar and it happens for you in a similar way each month but they are not the same thing and you can very likely have certain symptoms that you have associated with AF coming and be pregnant the whole time.

I know people don't tend to believe me on stuff like this but it's true. No need to argue about it, if you think I'm full of beans on this that's fine, I just don't want you to feel false despair or false hope when it isn't warranted.

I also never had O pains when I was younger but got them much more noticeably as I got older.
    good to know !! I'm hoping this is my month !!!!!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also can I bug you with another question about details... I notice so many women say when they are first pregnant they can tell because they have more discharge/ cervical mucus .. I do not notice having this so is that a definite sign of no pregnancy this month or some nonsense?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never noticed this till my 4th and 5th pregnancies anyway. Not having it doesn't mean you aren't pregnant, that's for sure.

Yes, it can be an early symptom BUT again, the thing is, if it's happening before 7 DPO it is NOT from pregnancy and additionally another wrinkle is that around 7 DPO, you have a surge of estrogen that can actually make you have a burst of EWCM even when not pregnant. And additionally additionally, people can have a surge of estrogen right before their period and make EWCM right before their period starts, plus sometimes have something called "serous fluid" a day or two before AF proper starts. So there are a LOT of reasons why you might notice discharge and it doesn't always signify pregnancy occuring.

The only symptom I have ever had that for me indicated "oh time to take a test" was sore BB's. And it's a particular kind of sore, that I only have in early pregnancy. But again, this did not ever happen until later than 7 DPO and I never noticed it that early until my 3rd and subsequent pregnancies, not with my first two.

12. Thanks butterfly8 thanked for this post