Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Skrimpy's Lightweight Boy Sway (2012, 2nd boy sway) UPDATE!

Updating - found out at 20 weeks that our LO is a boy!

Since we weren't really officially TTC yet, I wasn't doing as much as maybe I would have been when we actually started trying. But I do think we had some nice things going, so I will detail them here:

Gender Result: BOY!

Completely natural sway. Do not know my or DH pH levels.

We have definitely been eating a High Everything diet, especially me. DH has been a bit low carb. Tons of meats and protein, nuts, etc. Tomatoes fairly often and always salting our food to taste. We have a cup of broth soup with lunch most days and that's homemade and has a decent gelatin content Lots of veggies on the side, thought not as much fruit. Strawberries and blueberries a few times a week, and a banana here and there. Sweet potatoes or potatoes pretty often, though we don't eat wheat or other grains besides rice.

I feel pretty confident that our diet was good. We do eat cheese, yogurt (full fat) and I drink whole raw milk from our cow share.

Supps: I've been taking fish oil and a prenatal regularly, cod liver oil not quite as regularly. I have also been taking a B-complex, plus a B-12 but hadn't been good about remembering to take them in the couple of weeks leading up to conception.

Baby Dancing info... Most definitely on O day, and this baby is a one-hit wonder, lol. I O'd several times that day (I couldn't keep my hands off DH lol, and we "played" a couple of times).

DH pulled out but swimmers must have still made it through!!! As for positions, I think we used several and I really can't say which was where the swimmers made it out . I suspect it was our second, late-night play round and I think I was on top. We went to sleep after that so I was in place for quite awhile

I also got my +OPK on O day this cycle, which is a little different than the past few cycles. It was my first Peak day on the Clearblue monitor.

I had a fair amount of EWCM but I wouldn't say tons. No Preseed or egg whites used.

Don't know if we have a boy or girl in there yet, but I am really hoping enough was in place for us to get another little guy. Right now, though, I'm really thrilled to be pregnant and I'm planning to enjoy my pregnancy as much as I can. We will probably find out since DH wants to know, but I would kinda prefer to go Team Green! see update at the bottom!

I am Rh- and will probably have testing done to determine baby's blood type around 15 weeks... That test also determines gender, so that will be about when we can find out! That's early August! Update: I decided not to have this blood typing done since I didn't want to know the baby's gender

I promised I would post some of our menu plans up for you gals since my DH's swimmers seem to be men eating for a mission... Will work on doing that in the next few days!

Update: I think this all was pretty accurate and think we had a nice sway. I do want to add that DH and I were both doing a lot of weight lifting - lifting together 2-3x a week (the 3 powerlifting lifts - deadlift, benchpress, and squats) and I was doing some of the body weight training from P90X (pull-ups, push-ups, etc).

I also want to add I was 11 months postpartum when we conceived this little guy, and Honor was still nursing frequently. So those of you blue swayers who are still nursing, don't give up hope.

And one more thing - I had lost all my baby weight from Honor, about a 40lb weight loss for me, by around March (when Honor was 8-9mo). I got to my goal weight of 118lbs - THEN I put back on a few lbs when I started the boy diet intensively and was around 124 when we conceived "Riceball." I think that putting on the little extra "padding" helped the sway. (note I am 5'3" and small framed. I used Dr. Barbara Luke's healthy pre-pregnancy height/weight charts to set the goal weight of 118)

I strongly believe diet is what made this sway for us, supported by exercise & supps, and that the timing and multiple O's for me were just icing on the cake.

We had our scan and weren't supposed to find out... but our tech messed up!! For details on how the scan went, here's that post: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/sway...tml#post247509

For the ultrasound pic post, check here!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...-envelope.html "The Envelope" is post 26 of that thread
    Last edited by skrimpy; September 17th, 2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Updating!!!
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

2. Thanks wantinfo9 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats again!!!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a great blue sway to me - that sounds a lot like my diet, and I have two gorgeous boys!
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats again Skrimpy!! Hope that's your little boy in there!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YAY Skrimpy!!!! FX you have a WONDERFUL pregnancy this time and another little man to add to your crew!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!! I hope you get another boy.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skrimpy, huge congratulations!!!! I didn't know you were pg, this is such a great news!
    I'll sway for No.4 asap, bcos this sway failed.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Skrimpy!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads