Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Can we start a 'screw timing' thread? I actually agree with you, thats why we didn't go for another try- didn't want to muddy the waters with another try.
    TTC Blue!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL! A "screw timing" thread would be great! We can post links to the various "timing" studies that all have crazy low participant numbers AND all contradict one another

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to mention, recruiting the girls form the TTC Pink, debunking timing. That would be amazing.
    TTC Blue!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again Spicy. I luv the screw timing idea. I have definitely decided to join that club when I attempt again in October.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    everythinglooks great!!! i am also impressed with the potassium and youre right once you get into the hang of things getting your potassium up is pretty easy. now im having a hard time weaning off magnesium (esply the nuts, etc). but ill be switching from nuts to meat (i only have nuts for snacks at this time and meats for main meals for protein) before 6 weeks PTA. congrats on the BFP!!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTunaSushi View Post
    I had Rice Crispies with Rice milk for breakfast. I occasionally looked at fitday.com to see my levels. Getting enough potassium is so easy. Bananas (2x a day), Dates (morning snack), tomatoes with sandwiches (BLT), tomato juice (tall glass) (probably a key element), pineapple juice (tall glass), potatoes with dinner, apples every day! Sometimes, things like: canned chopped tomatoes with minced beef on top of potatoes for dinner

Really- just eat those things every day and you reach your levels. Thanks for letting me know I had a good sway! It feels average to me. I think meat is important at every meal (I didn't at breakfast). Hot dogs, ground beef, bacon (high in salt), etc.

I definitely wasn't perfect in terms of levels- but I didn't eat ANY DAIRY, beans, whole wheat products, etc.

Good luck!

It really is easy to get enough potassium.
    why no whole wheat products?
    and why no beans im assuming magnesium?
    how did you get your salt? just naturally or added t everything?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations and good luck
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    why no whole wheat products?
    and why no beans im assuming magnesium?
    how did you get your salt? just naturally or added t everything?
    Yea, Whole Wheat is high in magnesium, as well as beans. I didn't eat a lot of bread- I tried to limit myself to bread in a sandwich in the tww, and during AF-O, I ate more tomato salads.

I ate a whole bag of potato chips (well, shared between me and my husband) a day for salt. It is easy to eat a lot of chips! A lot of salt there- also added salt to tomato juice, BSD (pure sodium) AF-O. We had very salty french friends or potatoes everyday. It was a lot of salt- easy to get there in my opinion. I am sure there were days that I didn't do amazing, but it seemed like I was eating the same thing everyday.
    TTC Blue!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    everythinglooks great!!! i am also impressed with the potassium and youre right once you get into the hang of things getting your potassium up is pretty easy. now im having a hard time weaning off magnesium (esply the nuts, etc). but ill be switching from nuts to meat (i only have nuts for snacks at this time and meats for main meals for protein) before 6 weeks PTA. congrats on the BFP!!!!
    I do know that Atomic likes nuts- I didn't eat them though. Occasionally, I would lick the knife of peanut butter when making things for DD, but that was more for protein.

You really do have to eat meat in my opinion. Salt, Meat, and Fruit/Veg. Oddly, both my husband and I lost weight. My husband lost 15 pound (and he is not a big guy) and my weight stayed the same. I seriously ate a lot of food- and very fatty food. I really think sugar (which I love) and carbs (like bread, crackers, etc) make my weight fluctuate.

I am drinking whole milk now and cheese to get my calcium levels up to speed now that I have BFP, but really, I am still avoiding sweets- they are nutrient empty.
    TTC Blue!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another tip for protein in between meals- Hard boiled eggs. They are easy to eat, you can cover them in salt, and you can take the yolk out and mix it in yogurt and give to your kids. Great nutrients for them, protein for you. I am now eating the whole egg obviously.

All I can say, is that my hormones regulated very quickly after breastfeeding and starting this diet. I had early O's and lots of ewcm. My body probably felt like it was getting nourished and obviously felt good enough to get a BFP. Stick with it girls!
    TTC Blue!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast