Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Fruit juice and dry fruit is NOT important and those are the two main things that make people gain weight on the blue diet. Skip em. Have lemon water and tomato juice or V8, which is great for blue. I'd have you focus on lean meats, fresh fruit, veg, and please keep both potatoes and bananas minimal. They aren't magic boy foods and they do cause weight gain.

We say protein+carbs for boys but you really don't have to go overboard on the carbs. A small amount like in a piece of fruit is plenty. You don't need meat + potato+juice+ whole grain roll+ dark choc at every meal. That will make you gain weight. Just a very small amount of pro+ carbs will keep your blood sugar in normal range.
    Okay thank you so much ! It's true that last summer I had a lot of fruit juice and dry fruits, that may be why I gained weight so quickly. And I admit having lots of potatoes too (love them sooo much but usually I tend to eat them in the dead of winter).

So fresh fruits it is ! Are home-made smoothies okay ? Since we will TTC in summer, I feel like it will be easier getting my portions that way. Glad not to have to go all out with bananas, still don't like them much.

About lean meats, is chicken okay ? I get the feeling that blue sways are more successfull with beef/red meat than chicken (although there were great vegetarian blue sways lately). I'm okay with red meat btw, it's just about getting a general idea in case I'm stuck with only chicken or eggs at home.

Lemon water and tomato juice I can do easily. I had V8 only once before, found it manageable so it should be okay...

About cereals and dark choc since you mentionned it, is it okay if I take them only for breakfast then ? I've seen some girls eating them at night but can't see myself eating choc or porridge in bed haha !
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes smoothies are great!! Depending on ingredients they have protein + carbs and you tend to sip them over long periods of time which keeps your blood sugar from dropping.

Chicken is great! I honestly have never liked red meat much, and always ate far more chicken and I have 4 boys!

Yes of course you can have the cereal/choc at any time of day, whenever it works for you!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes smoothies are great!! Depending on ingredients they have protein + carbs and you tend to sip them over long periods of time which keeps your blood sugar from dropping.

Chicken is great! I honestly have never liked red meat much, and always ate far more chicken and I have 4 boys!

Yes of course you can have the cereal/choc at any time of day, whenever it works for you!!
    Thank you ! Also I was wondering : can I up vit D yet again ? I've been reading the sways of my buddies from last summer and noticed some did take lots of it in the last weeks before TTC. Since we didn't have much sun this year, wouldn't it be good for DH and I ?

I have been worried about something too. My weight is anywhere between 160 and 170 lbs to my knowledge and I'm so afraid of swaying pink because of it. Looks like a lot of swayers are so much lighter even after three or four pregnancies

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like anyone taking more than 1000 IU without a docs input so I'm already bending the rules a bit for you.

We have lots and lots of women on here with all boys whose weights are about 160-180. That is not the weight I consider concerning for a pink sway.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like anyone taking more than 1000 IU without a docs input so I'm already bending the rules a bit for you.

We have lots and lots of women on here with all boys whose weights are about 160-180. That is not the weight I consider concerning for a pink sway.
    Thank you I feel a bit more reassured about that now.

Dreaming of a

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soo, remember how I had trouble eating eggs ever since I gorged myself with them as a student and ended up, like, super sick ? Just the smell of eggs could make me throw up !

Well, two weeks ago, I tried to eat a whole one lightly whisked with full fat milk and a bit of juice and... it worked ! You couldn't even tell there was an egg in there and I didn't need to add anything else !

IIRC, we need to eat at least 2 eggs a day if we also get meat and fish, right ? Will it be okay to have my eggs that way ? Plus, adding whole milk and juice to it will help with the nutrients or so I hope.

Also should I take iron again ?

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Raw?

My concern is that you might make yourself sick. I'm not sure the benefits of the egg would make up for getting salmonella. It's your choice as I know lots of people swear by raw eggs, but I can't advocate it.

How much iron is in your prenatal or multivitamin?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Raw?

My concern is that you might make yourself sick. I'm not sure the benefits of the egg would make up for getting salmonella. It's your choice as I know lots of people swear by raw eggs, but I can't advocate it.

How much iron is in your prenatal or multivitamin?
    True, it's more risk of getting salmonella but I really don't know what to do otherwise ? The smell of cooked egg is still a problem, plus I never liked them scrambled. Also, I only ever ate the yolk before. Usually I would leave the whites to my brother who hated the yolk and was glad to get rid of it through me. Raw seems to be my only way to gobble down the whole thing. Idk ? I could make cakes with them haha, but not sure I would get the same benefits ?

As for iron, there's 18mg in my One a Day Women. I can't remember how much folic I'm supposed to take ? I know it's a lot more than what is usually advised ? For now I've been taking 800 mcg/day.

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just skip them. Have cheese, nuts, beans instead. I promise it's ok.

YES you can also put them in baked goods - cakes and bread. The nutrition is the same.

Unless you have reason to think you're anemic I'd just stick with the iron in the One A Day.

The recommendation is 2000 but if you're not drinking green tea, if you'd like to continue with the 800 plus the amount in the One A Day that's fine.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just skip them. Have cheese, nuts, beans instead. I promise it's ok.

YES you can also put them in baked goods - cakes and bread. The nutrition is the same.

Unless you have reason to think you're anemic I'd just stick with the iron in the One A Day.

The recommendation is 2000 but if you're not drinking green tea, if you'd like to continue with the 800 plus the amount in the One A Day that's fine.
    I know I was a bit anemic but I don't know if it still stands. I drink green tea I can stop, I won't miss it much but I also drink black tea, red tea, white tea... Should I up iron and B9 then to be sure ?

Dreaming of a

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast