Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got my One a Day Women. Since there's folic in it, will it be enough or should I take more supps ?
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So now I'm on One a Day women (finally!) and omega 3. I wonder if I can up my vitD to 2000 IU since the first bottle I bought before receiving my order of One a Day is still half-full ? I don't want to overdo things either.

I've seen that One a Day contains folates and all, is that enough or should I still take folic supps ?

Also I've been wondering about iron supps. I still have some left from my last pregnancies, 80mg pills... Is it too much ? Since I drink tea and have always been anemic because of AF and not eating meat and such before... DH tells me that iron supps are badly assimilated into the body anyway and I'd better get more iron through diet but I'm hesitating.

The more I sway, the more I believe that having girls had to do with both our one attempt and my poor condition vits/minerals-wise at the time so I don't want my body to think I'm unhealthy anymore.

Dreaming of a

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why don't you compromise and take an extra vitamin D 2-3 times a week in addition to the One a Day until they're used up? that way you'll be getting some extra, they won't be wasted, but it won't be such a sky high amount (it is saved up in your body!)

I like you guys to take folic acid or folate to equal 2000 mcg for blue sways.

The lower dose iron like the 80 mg type are better assimilated than those in the hundreds of mg. Let's do the same with the iron, since iron overdose can be harmful...just take them 2 days a week. That way you'll be getting some extra without going overboard with them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And back again !

When you say folic 2000mcg, is it 2000 mcg a day ? It seems huge and I can't find that dose anywhere. It's only given for treating some digestive illnesses. Was told that 500mcg/day was enough since I have had much stress for months now.

On that note, what effect does stress have on a blue sway ? I've always heard that stress could sway pink and I'm afraid it could hurt my sway.

Just to make it short, I was assaulted in February by a mentally ill neighbour in front of my girls (didn't know she had psychological troubles, noone warned me and she seemed normal enough, I liked talking with her)... I've had a hard time coping ever since : nightmares, agoraphobia... I don't take any meds for that, had started swaying and didn't want to change my plans. I'm still afraid though because even though she moved after the incident, I'm told she might escape sentence on the grounds of her mental illness and the fact there were no other witnesses on that day.

So idk, I want to prevent failing my sway because of all that stress. I thought about TTC next year but we do have other plans that may make it difficult to start a pregnancy way into 2019. And I don't want that woman's actions to weight on our lives anymore than they already do. I'm still following the diet, try to rest, do some breathing exercises... It helps and I hope it's enough but if you have any other ideas to help reduce stress (or nutrients loss because of it), I'm all ears.

Dreaming of a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And up ! DH has come down with a fever ! We still have one month left before our first attempt but now I'm really worried ! Will it hurt our sway ?

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for bumping this, I'd started to answer but I think it got closed and then I forgot I hadn't replied yet.

Yes, it's 2000 mcg a day. This is what I have all blue swayers take. Some of us actually are given 4000-5000 mcg a day if we have a history of neural tube defects. Yes I know some places say to take only 400-500 a day, but the many pregnancy experts say 800-1000 mcg is better (and that is without swaying!). I personally conceived a baby with spina bifida taking 800 a day and eating a very healthy diet besides so I prefer you guys take at least 1000. You can just take the 500 more than one time, so in the morning, lunch, and night.

Oh gosh that sounds like a terrible ordeal for you! Some things are just out of our control and we shouldn't worry about how they affect our sway. We can't control what has happened, so focus on the parts of your sway you CAN control. Diet, exercise, supplements - we KNOW those things will sway blue for you, so focus on that. We honestly can't know if that stress would affect your sway either negatively or positively so just focus on the parts of your sway you can affect.

How high a fever??? I think a month is plenty of time for him to recover from that if he's on multivitamins and doing regular release, but if it's very high you may want to give it another month.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi thank you for answering !

It was a fever of 102°f but it is already going down. He has taken one or two pills of paracetamol. Still trying to put him on multivitamins but we are doing the regular release.

Found a vitB sups with 1000µ B12 et 368µg B9 et 2000µg B6, is it good ?

Dreaming of a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And bump !

DH says he has a bit of a cough so now he is taking antibiotics I'm starting to wonder if he's trying to sabotage our TTC attempt... Although he did say yes, he only wanted two children originally.

Still doing the regular release though.

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GRR this did not post for some reason, still here in autosave.

Oh good just keep him on the paracetemol till he's better.

I would rather you just took more than one pill of the B9. By taking them with the additional B vitamins you can end up getting too much of those. And theB9 is better used by the body when you take smaller amounts more often, so morning, noon and night, for example.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    And bump !

DH says he has a bit of a cough so now he is taking antibiotics I'm starting to wonder if he's trying to sabotage our TTC attempt... Although he did say yes, he only wanted two children originally.

Still doing the regular release though.
    The old school sway gurus claimed antibiotics swayed blue anyway.

Here's the thing - not I nor anyone can really know if this is a good month for you guys. Ask yourself, if you will regret it forever it you try this month and get a girl (blame DH, etc). In that case then maybe it's better to wait. I don't personally think you need to wait, but you need to do what you can live with in terms of walking away from this feeling like you have given it your best effort. But do try to keep in mind that for all we know this may be a great month for you to have a boy, and another month, something else may happen that could be even worse!

I hope he's feeling better very soon!

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast