Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to be a pain - anyway you or any seasoned members can clarify for me...it’s just it’s actually attempt week this week so I don’t wanna mess up the attempts/BD for blue x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. That is blue friendly. I would actually suggest going back to eod after the 3 days in a row series just in case of delayed ovulation.

The context you are missing is what that swayer WAS going to do to boost odds of conception. She was going to simply start BD daily starting after her period ended and going through ovulation. Since sex every day starting that long ago and continuing through ovulation really reduces sperm count, she wasn't helping boost her chances of conception ANYWAY, plus, she ran the risk of undermining her pink sway by having so many attempts. What she had planned was worse than nothing, accomplishing neither the goal of conception or the goal of pink.

So to my way of thinking, something that doesn't even help her conceive, while also really upping her chances of blue, is a stupid move and she may as well go directly to SMEP which actually DOES raise chances of conceiving. Does that make sense?? That gal was planning to do something that both prevented conception and would likely sway blue for her anyway, so that made no darn sense at all. If she was ready to do something that swayed blue because she was desperate to conceive, she should at the least do SMEP and really actually give herself a better chance of conception.

In NO way does any of that mean SMEP is not blue friendly, in no way is SMEP a good option for a pink swayer, but if a pink swayer was going to throw their sway out the window anyway, they may as well do SMEP and at least get pregnant.

SMEP is blue friendly, full stop. What I was trying to explain in that last paragraph of my previous post was why SMEP, even while being blue-friendly, is NOT a magic blue bullet. The catch is, that for people who have overall lowered fertility (and are doing SMEP) are very likely coming into TTC more "set" for pink anyway. So you simply cannot look at the population of the people who have used SMEP for conception and draw any conclusion from that. The people doing SMEP are NOT a random sample of people. People use SMEP most of the time because they are having trouble conceiving and for reasons we do not understand, it appears that people who have trouble falling pregnant end up having more girls overall.

To illustrate:

We'll pretend we have a group of 100 people who are not swaying.
    Let's assume that 80% of everyone who uses SMEP is doing so for fertility reasons. (80)
    Let's further assume that 80% of those people doing SMEP fertility reasons are set for pink due to declined fertility (instead of just having poorly timed attempts or bad luck). (64)
    So we'll pretend that 64 is our sample size. We'll pretend that of our 100 people, 64% of them are coming into doing SMEP at least somewhat set for pink. The other 36% are either neutral or somewhat set for blue.
    Even if SMEP made the original 20% of everyone not doing SMEP for fertility reasons have all boys (20 boys)
    AND even if SMEP made the 14 people who were doing SMEP but didn't really have fertility problems have all boys (14 more, total of 34 boys)
    AND the SMEP helped 60% of the 64 people set for pink have boys (38 boys, total of 72 boys all together)
    But 28 girls. There would still be a LOT of girls conceived even with the SMEP. And it's very unlikely that everyone in the first two groups would have had all boys anyway - that's my point...even if we pretend that for some people, SMEP is a magic blue bullet, even then there would be girls conceived on it because the majority of people who tend to use SMEP are likely more set for pink to begin with.

You can have something that sways hugely, strongly blue, and if it is being used by at least SOME people who are coming into a sway more set for pink - by virtue of declined fertility or by having been swaying pink for many months (like the lady I was answering in my post there) they can still get a girl doing SMEP. This doesn't mean SMEP still isn't a super blue friendly way to go, just that people can still get girls on it esp. with an otherwise good sway of diet and exercise (not to mention possibly lower fertility.)

I know this is a hard concept to grasp so please feel free to ask me to clarify anything that is less clear.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; September 25th, 2018 at 01:35 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3littleladies01 View Post
    Thanks so much atomic, that’s so helpful.

I’m a bit stressed by the SMEP thing and i think I’ve got myself confused. We dtd last night as I’m on day 8, so having tonight off. Will try again tomorrow and then Will continue with every other day untill I get positive OPK then 3 days on the trot, day off and then 1 more attempt - is that right??

And it’s defo sways Blue to do the above yeah?

I read this in a thread from a girl swaying pink and the SMEP plan was recommended (as she hadn’t got pregnant for some time) - I don’t fully understand the explanation as to why and now as panicking a little bit. I’m probably being a bit dumb but can you I explain dor me?

I did 3 attempts at positive OPK last time (a sway opposite as we got our third girl) so I just wanna make sure I’m doing the correct BD attempts etc as this is our last shot at a little boy

Thank you x

just quoting this so we can have the same info on the page as my response

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for delay - that was so helpful and actually made it a lot clearer thank you.

So for baby girl number 3 we did the 3 attempts at OPK along with our sway diet etc and is was an opposite.

It was the fertile window this week and I followed SMEP to the letter.

Overall so far 5 BD attempts - 2 before OPK, my smiley on clearblue was Thursday AND on Friday so we did Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I was planning to have tonight off and then try again tomorrow in case of delayed O...does that all sound ok?

That will be 6 attempts overall. Combined with being more healthy/diet, DHEA, CoQ10, prenatal and also using conceive plus. Do you think we stand a better chance if we did get pregnant this time of a boy rather than another opposite?

Thanks for all your help x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you always have a better chance with a sway. Even the last time when you got an opposite, for all you know, you swayed as much as it was possible for you TO sway in that given month and then just fell into the opposite group. Or maybe there were things working against you that you couldn't even see and maybe your body is in a better place for a boy now, even without swaying.

You are basically asking me a crystal-ball question that I simply can't answer. We all come into our sways with a different history and with every conception we are in a different place biologically. I can't know if you had a great sway last time and just had bad luck or if you have a better chance this time. It's just not something I can know. All we can do is what has worked for most people, most of the time, and what the science is telling us is true.

I think you are doing a great job with your sway and you should be very happy with everything you've done. You have a great chance of a boy, just can't tell you if you have better or worse than you had the last time, because I really truly do not know and have no way to tell.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic - I totally get that. It’s naive to ask really but you know what it’s like - u just cling to any hope and positives when going through the process again.

We ended up not being able to do tonight’s last attempt in the SMEP plan - this was the one after a days rest after ovulation to catch in case of delayed O. Just both too tired after dealing with general life today!!

So it currently stands at 5 attempts over the 7 day window and 3 at poSitive OPK. BD last Sunday and Tuesday( day off Monday and Wednesday) I ovulated on Thursday and Friday - so our 3 attempts around ovulation were Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We had a day off Sunday (last night) and we were going to try tonight but it hasn’t happened. Is it worth trying tomorrow just in case of delayed O or is it not really worth it now?? I feel quite gutted we couldn’t manage tonight to finish it all perfectly but such is life when you have 3 young kids and work!

Thanks again for all your help, it is so appreciated xx

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would still keep BD when you can but I think you've done GREAT! I do totally understand how exhausting it all gets but just whenever you can start doing eod again, it can't hurt and may help.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic! Me again

I’m pretty sure is a BFN this month but I’m not sure what to do - we’ve gone on holiday for 5 days. Ovulation will be about 14 days after we return but obvs whilst we are here I am struggling with the HE diet, exercise and not drinking! I’m not sure awhether to try this month or skip it and try again in November.

What do You think?

Thanks xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Everyone i have one month to try and sway and have been taking Pregnacare conception, Fish Oil, Bee pollen/royal jelly (sometimes). I am thinking about adding folic acid. The fish oil I am having is 1350mg, is this too much for a blue sway?
    Mommy to a beautiful princess .. swaying this time!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3littleladies01 View Post
    Hi atomic! Me again

I’m pretty sure is a BFN this month but I’m not sure what to do - we’ve gone on holiday for 5 days. Ovulation will be about 14 days after we return but obvs whilst we are here I am struggling with the HE diet, exercise and not drinking! I’m not sure awhether to try this month or skip it and try again in November.

What do You think?

Thanks xx

I would go ahead and try. Having 5 days off is no biggie for hte HE Diet. All of us with all boys had the occasional day or week where we got busy and didn't exercise, didn't eat that much - it's ok!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast