Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help please for boy sway!

Can I ask how long you should be on the blue diet for a boy sway? Minimum v’s ideal amount of time?

Also, how important is exercise? Does it matter if I don’t get much weights in and just do a lot of walking with my girls?

I presume from reading that the main things to consider are:
    1) diet
    2) attempts around O
    3) supps
    4) pre-seed
    5) staying hydrated with water/lemon water and tea

Anything else I’m missing?

I conceived my first daughter without any planning etc, second daughter was a failed shettles (before I realised 1 attempt sways girl!) and third was a failed blue sway - I did quite a serious one and it didn’t work. Obviously now my three girls are here I wouldn’t change it, but I am apprehensive about doing another one and having 4 girls (that’s a lot of girly hormones right there in my house in a few years! )

We were all set to do PGD ivf next month in Cyprus but hubby now has massively cold feet...practically frozen!!

I have been taking CoQ10, DHEA, prenatal vitamin and a fish oil for 3 months in preparation for the IVF - does any of that work against a blue sway? Should I stop them or just continue? (I only have 2 weeks worth of the DHEA left)

Would appreciate some help as I’m a bit overwhelmed coming back into the swaying world and whether to bother or take pot luck...especially as I was all set for IVF.

I don’t know whether to plunge right in an try in October - and so only do some of this stuff for 2-3 weeks or whether to wait a bit longer??

My youngest is 9 months old - does that affect things too in terms of swaying blue? I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve so ideally I want to conceive sooner rather than later (if I can at all)

This will definitely be our last child regardless

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    please give me a reasonable amount of time (like 5 days) to reply before bumping. When you bump, it sends the post back to the new posts and since I go from oldest to newest, it then takes me that much longer before I can answer you. I want you guys to get your answers as soon as I can get them to you so just give me a few days before bumping! Thank you!

6 weeks minimum, 12 weeks ideally provided you can do that without gaining tons of weight.

Exercise is quite important and if there's any way to get in even just 5-10 minutes of weights a few times a week I recommend it.

I would like you to wean off the DHEA starting right away unless you really want to continue with it (in which case you should buy more). I do NOT want you to take the full dose up to the end of the bottle and then drop it.

Was your DHEA ever tested?? I really dislike having you guys on DHEA without a doctor's care, although I can bend the rules since you have DOR. But I would prefer to have had a test done. Have you noticed any changes in your cycle while taking it???

Given that you've been on the supplements and DHEA I would be inclined to have you start trying in October so as not to waste the benefits of the DHEA, if you do decide to stop. DHEA may help with your egg quality and raise testosterone which ~may~ sway blue (although the data is less of a sure thing than we would prefer.)

I do prefer you guys wait longer than 9 months but again, you've been doing the supps, and with DOR time is not going to be on our side here. By the time you waited till the 12 or even 18 month mark that I would prefer, that really would be quite a long time to wait so given that you've been doing a lot of stuff blue friendly already (assuming you've been off alcohol, everyone off smoking, and off coffee or at least cut back, hopefully) my gut instinct is for you to start trying now to reap any benefits of the DHEA and then it's up to you if you want to stop taking by weaning off at the end of this bottle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic - sorry about bumping, I didn’t realise.

The DHEA was prescribed by a doc in Cyprus (as we were going to go for IVF before my partner got cold feet) - he diagnosed low ovarian reserve off the back of blood tests and AFC count - my results were low for my age. So it sort of was under doctors care (just from afar!)

I’ll start weaning off now if I only have 2 weeks left

I’ve been boy friendly for a while now I guess - been eating & snacking pretty healthy, have only drunk alcohol 3 times in 3 months (got drunk as it was weddings and then absolutely zero alcohol the rest of the time) and have cut back coffee to 1 a day and the rest decaf or tea (I was a big coffee drinker). Tried to up water intake. I don’t smoke so that’s a plus and I’ve been taking my supps for 3+ months - again coz of the planned IVF. (Pregnancare, DHEA, CoQ10 and a fish oil)

I’ve struggled exercise wise coz of having my baby (& general life with 3 kids), but I have been walking about 1 hour every day (& obvs lifting a heavy baby - she was 10lb at birth & a heavy toddler) - I will try to up the weights from now. I’m quite slim and tall so weight isn’t really an issue - I’ve always had quite a high metabolism so I eat a lot (but try to stay healthy)

When you say start trying in October - my next fertile window is actually the 17th sep or thereabouts - should I start then in order to maximise the impact of DHEA/CoQ10 I’ve been taking?

Other than maintaining diet etc and increasing weights...I presume main things are attempts at OPK, boy friendly lube and robittson - any other main things I should be doing?

My last failed sway I did 3 attempts at OPK. I just asked on this forum and got told about the SMEP - is that even better in terms of blue sway??

Thanks so much x

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and terms of changes to my cycle off the back of DHEA- length appears to be roughly the same give or take. But my last period was ridiculously heavy and very short - not sure if that’s the DHEA or something else?? I’ve been on it 2.5 months and didn’t notice anything strange my previous periods x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, but if I didn't tell you guys you'd never know!

Did the doctor do a blood test or just give them to you? I mean an actual blood test for DHEA?

I would likely have you wean off it, and then go ahead and TTC. You've done everything right to be boy friendly. Yes I mean in September, not October!! Absolutely.

THe walking and lifting the heavy baby are probably just fine for exercise. It really doesn't take much to help with a blue sway (in fact I feel like people often set themselves up for failure trying to do Olypics level of weight training!) Do pick it up with weights (or bodyweight exercise like Blogilates) but I would still absolutely proceed with TTC this cycle.

I answered your question about attempt patterns and SMEP in the other thread. I would DEF. have hubby be "cleaning the pipes" every 2-4 days no matter what you decicde.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok lovely - thanks atomic.

No blood test specifically for the DHEA. I had ivf pretests and my results were as follows:

FSH 8.4 IU/L
    OESTRADIOL 137 pmol/L
    AMH 3.8 pmol/L
    AFC was 9
    All on day 2 of cycle

With those results they diagnosed low ovarian reserve (I’m 35) and advised/prescribed DHEA

I suppose the main thing that worries me that sways pink that I’ve naturally done with all my girls is have them closely spaced - 2 years between 1 & 2, 18 months between 2 & 3 and then potentially the same between 3&4. I’m just praying all the other boy bits I’ve done for the last few months in anticipation for the IVF counters it enough.

The control freak planning that I do - is that a pink or a blue thing out of curiosity?!

I’ll defo do the SMEP. We tend to BD every 4 days anyways and it’s unprotected, but he always withdraws to avoid BFP when not trying - i know you said about blue mums tend to do 2-4 day pattern anyways and means your body is used to his sperm in anticipation for a blue sway - if he’s withdrawing before the deed is complete does that negate all that then?? He’s obvs getting the fresh sperm in and cleaning his pipes but is my body doing it’s bit in that department in preparation for blue? Sorry if confusing or tmi - just curious about a reply u sent me on another thread about it

Thanks

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help please for boy sway!

Sorry me again! Also just realised - it’s our window this week. So as well as using conceive plus lube and the SMEP is there anything short term I should be doing? Robittson? Anything else? It’s all crept up so quick as I didn’t anticipate swinging again let alone this month so if there are any last minute tricks I can throw in to give me an extra edge I’m all ears?! Haha xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Control freak = more boys!

Well, considering they didn't even test the DHEA I would have you wean off but def. try this month. For all we know, your DHEA was fine, you just had DOR with good DHEA (this happens! and at 35, it's less likely that your DHEA was low than if you were older) Too much DHEA is also not a great idea.

Id have him finish inside when you're sure you're not fertile, pull out during any time you don't want to have attempt in the fertile window.

while I do think close child spacing sways pink, I use 18-24 months as my "adequate length of time to wait" guideline for blue swayers anyway so I think you're good to go.

Yes sure I'd use guaifenesin (and check that Robitussin! They've been changing their formulas like mad recently and we don't want any other ingredients in there, like dextromethorphan or any antihistamine!)

The main thing I want you to do is try to get a good amount of sleep and don't drink a whole bunch or go on a caffeine bender this week. If smoking, cut back. No hot baths, tight undies, or jogging/biking for DH if at all possible!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic, that’s so helpful.

I’m a bit stressed by the SMEP thing and i think I’ve got myself confused. We dtd last night as I’m on day 8, so having tonight off. Will try again tomorrow and then Will continue with every other day untill I get positive OPK then 3 days on the trot, day off and then 1 more attempt - is that right??

And it’s defo sways Blue to do the above yeah?

I read this in a thread from a girl swaying pink and the SMEP plan was recommended (as she hadn’t got pregnant for some time) - I don’t fully understand the explanation as to why and now as panicking a little bit. I’m probably being a bit dumb but can you I explain dor me?

I did 3 attempts at positive OPK last time (a sway opposite as we got our third girl) so I just wanna make sure I’m doing the correct BD attempts etc as this is our last shot at a little boy

Thank you x

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast