Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck Trying for Twins -- TTC Twins -- Boy/ Boy or Boy/ Girl -- Natural Twin Sway Supplements

I’m basing my sway off the natural (or non-prescription) supplements I’ve seen used for successful natural twin sways. The main one I’m following, delivered boy/ girl twins. I am taking most these supplements for a minimum of 100 days before active TTCT begins. And, this is not medical advice --always check with your doctor first!

For me:

Diet: Very nourishing, with full-fat dairy and a moderate amount of meat. Lots of fruits and veggies and some grains. Low sugar. Extra water, one cup of coffee per day with full fat cream.

Myo-Inositol & D-Chiro Inositol in a ratio of 40:1 improve ovarian function and are used to treat PCOS, improving ovulation. For those without PCOS, anecdotal evidence suggests they may increase twinning. This supplement is shown to boost fertility by improving egg quality. Inositol is a member of the B-vitamins and a component of the cell membrane. Inositol is found in foods such as fruits, beans, grains, and nuts and is also made by the body. I have noticed a much better ovulatory cycle since I started taking it. My dose: 2,000 mg. See https://amzn.to/2sbny9L

CoQ10 is an anti-aging coenzyme that helps with egg quality. This is a nutrient that occurs naturally in the body. CoQ10 is also in many foods we eat. CoQ10 acts as an antioxidant, which protects cells from damage. My dose: 600 mg. See https://amzn.to/2Gl9AKR

Choline, a phospholipid that plays an important role in fertility, is an essential nutrient naturally present in some foods and available as a dietary supplement. Choline is a source of methyl groups needed for many steps in metabolism. The body needs choline to synthesize two major phospholipids vital for cell membranes. My dose: 600 mg. See https://amzn.to/2CNszeF

Folate (Folic Acid) in high doses is used in most or all successful twin sway protocols. Twin mamas have reported taking 2,000 to 5,000 mcg/ day. Research which form and what dose is best for you. My dose: 2,000 mcg/ day in months leading up to TTC; 5,000 mcg folate during the few weeks I active TTC. See https://amzn.to/2Svf3C0

Iron for improved uterine lining, blood supply and overall health. I’m taking Garden of Life Iron Complex - Vitamin Code Raw Iron Whole Food Vitamin, one per day: https://amzn.to/2G7VgG6

DHA/ Omega Prenatal blend for egg quality while TTC and will continue during pregnancy for twin babies’ brain development. My dose: one softgel/ day. See: https://amzn.to/2D4ZwCc

Zinc -- to prevent miscarriage (Low levels of zinc have been directly linked to miscarriage in the early stages of a pregnancy). According to my research, you can safely take 30 mg long-term. The best form is zinc citrate or picolinate taken directly after food. (After food to prevent the nausea that can occur with zinc.) My dose: 15-30 mg/ day, will research more (as per Atomic Sagebrush's comment) and include what's in my prenatal to ensure I'm not taking too much. See https://amzn.to/2t1cPiI

Black Haw Root -- Removed per Atomic Sagebrush cautions about using it in pregnancy (even very early pregnancy)

Whole Food Prenatal for every day while TTC and during pregnancy (switching to a better one after AS comment): https://amzn.to/2MRbXWL

Considering/ Researching:
    Pom fruit juice (helps thicken lining, 1 serving/ day from CD 5 to ovulation) See https://amzn.to/2SFw64k

(removed tribulus per AtomicSagebrush recommendation)

DH is taking:

Conception Men blend with Zinc, Folate, Ashwagandha etc. https://amzn.to/2HYLTui
    (removed extra multi for now)
    And extra Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
    Last edited by trying4twins; February 5th, 2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Remove or adjust supplements as per AtomicSagebrush recommendations

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that’s an impressive list of supps

Are you hoping for B/B or B/G/G/G twins ? good luck !
    I would selfishly love a pair of boys’ as this last sway will be my absolute last chance, but it might a massive strain on my three little girls too...so for’ now, will hope we’ can have a healthy boy when time to conceive comes around
    Having said that’ a few of the supps listed will be on my supps list ^^
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Tribulus is good for increasing libido, but for a sway, not sure Atomic would recommend it.
    Hubs was taking when we met, and he was more aggressive and horny than ever lol I think it ups testosterone ? Th8nk it’s best for hubs, not so sure as a supp for DW ?

Will’ go through your list and see if anything might be worthwhile adding to my supps especially to increase egg and sperm quality
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Wow that’s an impressive list of supps

Are you hoping for B/B or B/G/G/G twins ? good luck !
    I would selfishly love a pair of boys’ as this last sway will be my absolute last chance, but it might a massive strain on my three little girls too...so for’ now, will hope we’ can have a healthy boy when time to conceive comes around
    Having said that’ a few of the supps listed will be on my supps list ^^
    I'm hoping for B/B or B/G, so will sway boy with diet.
    This is what my husband is taking, along with a good multivitamin, and he is startled by the difference he feels already (3 weeks of taking ti daily). I actually didn't expect much from it but he said it's having an effect -- hopefully sperm motility and health are optimal as well. https://amzn.to/2HYLTui

The Tribulus for me is only for a few days to help increase FSH and hopefully help release more than one egg... thoughts? No/ Yes? I'm still researching that and not sure which way to go.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I covered this in your other thread but I want to be sure to have my reply where people can see it.

Some of these supps are ok, others are problematic and concerning to me.

As for the hubby supplements I do not ever recommend anything that has 1000 and 2000% of the recommended value. I don't believe those things to be safe and it actually makes me break into a cold sweat that he is taking BOTH these supplements together. They set government recommendations of nutrients at certain levels for a reason and no one should take that much of these nutrients.

I'm following your twin sway to see how it goes for you!

You've obviously done your research - I"m going to sound off on some of these because I don't want a bunch of people who haven't done that research to start taking all these things. This is not meant as a rebuke or anything, I just would like to stave off any problems in the future that I'll have with people coming to me taking all this stuff.

Inositol - we've had this cause a lot of trouble for people (excess weight loss, delaying and even stopping ovulation, and weirdest of all, making peoples FSH rise which may impact egg quality negatively) I only recommend this for those with moderate to severe PCOS and not for everyone.

Bromelain - I do not ever recommend this for people as it is a blood thinner, is not necessary (since you're on the DHA) and has seemed to cause not only bleeidng and bruising, but subchorionic hemorrhage and possibly miscarriages.

I do not ever recommend more than 15 mg zinc ever unless someone is deficient

I despise Garden of Life prenatal and cannot ever recommend it. It has ingredients in it that delay/stop ovulation, and others that are unsafe during pregnancy. Really really dislike that prenatal

I do not ever recommend black haw root. It's contraindicated during pregnancy and all these herbs, we simply don't know how long the effects last, so when you see something that says "unsafe during pregnancy but hey sure take it when you're first pregnant" that's very bad advice, since for all anyone knows, the unsafe qualities linger in the body for weeks/months after that, right when a baby is at its most vulnerable to harm.

I do not recommend tribulus. High FSH is bad for egg quality and it's not desirable, plus tribulus has really wreaked havoc with people's cycles.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks trying4twins thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you SO much for the feedback. You've given me lots to consider and I'm going to go back over each item in my protocol.

Which prenatal do you recommend?

I am still a few months out form active TTC so I have time to tweak this... thanks so much for your insight!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I covered this in your other thread but I want to be sure to have my reply where people can see it.

Some of these supps are ok, others are problematic and concerning to me.

As for the hubby supplements I do not ever recommend anything that has 1000 and 2000% of the recommended value. I don't believe those things to be safe and it actually makes me break into a cold sweat that he is taking BOTH these supplements together. They set government recommendations of nutrients at certain levels for a reason and no one should take that much of these nutrients.

I'm following your twin sway to see how it goes for you!

You've obviously done your research - I"m going to sound off on some of these because I don't want a bunch of people who haven't done that research to start taking all these things. This is not meant as a rebuke or anything, I just would like to stave off any problems in the future that I'll have with people coming to me taking all this stuff.

Inositol - we've had this cause a lot of trouble for people (excess weight loss, delaying and even stopping ovulation, and weirdest of all, making peoples FSH rise which may impact egg quality negatively) I only recommend this for those with moderate to severe PCOS and not for everyone.

Bromelain - I do not ever recommend this for people as it is a blood thinner, is not necessary (since you're on the DHA) and has seemed to cause not only bleeidng and bruising, but subchorionic hemorrhage and possibly miscarriages.

I do not ever recommend more than 15 mg zinc ever unless someone is deficient

I despise Garden of Life prenatal and cannot ever recommend it. It has ingredients in it that delay/stop ovulation, and others that are unsafe during pregnancy. Really really dislike that prenatal

I do not ever recommend black haw root. It's contraindicated during pregnancy and all these herbs, we simply don't know how long the effects last, so when you see something that says "unsafe during pregnancy but hey sure take it when you're first pregnant" that's very bad advice, since for all anyone knows, the unsafe qualities linger in the body for weeks/months after that, right when a baby is at its most vulnerable to harm.

I do not recommend tribulus. High FSH is bad for egg quality and it's not desirable, plus tribulus has really wreaked havoc with people's cycles.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! I am adjusting and deleting some in mt protocol to reflect some of your suggestions (very good points). I am still a few months out form active TTC so I have time to adjust.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any prenatal that has about 100% of daily recommended value on things, and a little more in the way of Vit. D is ok.

Avoid the prenatals that have megadoses of nutrients (other than Vit. D) and additional herbal components.

Anything with flaxseed and vitex (or other similar herbs...red raspberry leaf, evening primrose oil) should be avoided during pregnancy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes trying4twins liked this post