TTC a BOY Sway Attempt

Gender Result:
    Boy!!!

DW Age:

DH Age:

Current Children's Gender(s)
    1 DD, age 11mo at DS conception

Number of Months TTC

Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    No

MINERALS

Calcium Intake(Please describe)
    -

Magnesium Intake(Please describe)
    -

Potassium Intake(Please describe)
    -

Sodium Intake(Please describe)
    Lots! Midwestern holiday food intake, especially at my parents house for 2wks the end of December before 12/29 BD attempt

SUPPLEMENTS USED

DW Supplements
    None

DH Supplements
    None

Any additional supplement info?
    -

DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes but not rigorously

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    HE(High Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes
    I discovered this website & atomic's methods literally right after my 12/1 BD attempt (which was a purely Shettles boy sway attempt: abstinence, baking soda douche, one attempt on O-day, nothing diet related, etc). I immediately implemented HE diet - in case my 12/1 attempt didn't work - by upping my meats/cheese/nut intake and allowing myself to graze frequently. It was December so lots of red wine, fatty foods, and sweet treats laying around.

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    Just started following the diet from beginning of December 2018 when I found this website & HE diet info

Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    No

Did DH change his diet with you?
    No

Comments regarding DH's diet
    He generally eats very healthy aside from his morning pop tart and frequent diet soda consumption. Otherwise he is only eating meat & vegetables. Doesn't like butter or sugar. He drinks alcohol daily and we were both smoking cigarettes throughout the December holiday celebrations

Did you consume alcohol?
    Yes, daily red wine and/or heavy beers throughout December (holiday celebrations)

Did you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I consumed coffee in my usual amounts (a cup or 2 in the morning)

Any Diet Details?
    Having a toddler means I eat a little bit of everything, from healthy homemade meals to McDonald's drive-thru cheeseburgers

Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    -

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE

What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    probably around 135lb @ 5'10" (up roughly 10lbs from my honeymoon weight of 125lbs when DD was conceived in 2017)

Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    Zero cardio, no formal workouts just chased my toddler around & travel cross-country to spend the holidays at my parents (which is a workout)

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO

pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    -

Any VG potions used?
    Used baking soda douche during 12/1/18 BD attempt and AF arrived 2 weeks later on 12/14 - so atomic is right that Shettle's suggestion of baking soda douche for boy sway is actually detrimental to conceiving at all b/c it kills sperm (or it did for me). Another 2 weeks later and a successful BD attempt on 12/29/18 without baking soda

CM pH at attempt
    Not sure, but CM was egg white consistency

DH pH
    -

THE DEED INFO

How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    2 (was planning for 3)

BD Pattern
    We were traveling separately for the holidays so unfortunately I was at the mercy of BD whenever we were in the same state. We were apart for 8 days, then together for 3 days (BD 2 of 3 days) then apart another 3 days, I flew home on a Friday (no BD), pos OPK, and we BD Saturday night. It was very sporadic and now at all what atomic recommends for boy sway so I was extremely nervous about this

BD Dates according to Ovulation
    BD on O day (Saturday evening)
    BD on O+36hrs (Monday @ noon)

BD Position
    Deep missionary (which made me nervous b/c I had planned to 'finish' in doggie style but things escalated quickly & we ended up finishing in missionary with my knees pulled all the way up by like my shoulders so I guess it was still fairly very deep penetration)

Any additional comments?
    Shettles method said female orgasm during sex aides male sperm. Idk how true this is b/c I didn't orgasm when DS was conceived, but did orgasm when DD (honeymoon baby) was conceived. Suffice it to say, honeymoon sex is a bit more romantic than tirelessly researched, hyper planned, ttc-sway-baby sex. TMI but I was worried about the lack of orgasm so after laying on my back with my knees up to my chest for a few minutes, I did use a vibrator to try and 'suck up' the sperm. This is probably ridiculous but it made me feel better after not finishing in the position I had planned to

Any relevant attempt details?
    -

Did you do anything with Ions?
    No

Moon Phase during conception?
    No

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    No

Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    - 6mo worth of biometric data from Ava bracelet charting, so I was able to exactly pinpoint my Ov-day and confirm with OPKs
    - Midwestern holiday food & drink consumption being highly conducive to HE diet
    - connecting with Atomic, Ruu, Sillyginger, TA, Nell, Alliwantisblue, ThrowawayPanther, and many many others on this forum who helped answer questions, talk me off the ledge, and send endless support during what will always be the most stressful 3 months of my life (beginning of ttc to receiving NIPT results saying it's a boy)

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    - was not able to get in 3 attempts
    - did not finish in doggie style like I wanted to
    - did not use preseed like I wanted to
    - forgot my Robitussin at home and was unable to take it over the holiday so had to BD without taking it at all
    - DH & I both smoking cigarettes throughout December holiday parties (sways pink)
    - taking adderall and occasionally forgetting to eat lunch (although I always had big breakfasts & dinners)
    - that I was/am only 10lbs more than I was when I conceived DD

Things worth mentioning:
    - everyone is different, but I truly feel like having 6mo worth of Ava bracelet data allowed me to be exceptionally accurate with timing. Looking back on how DD was conceived, I am convinced now more than ever that timing is the most critical factor followed by diet; I have struggled with eating disorders and grazing is very unnatural for me but forcing myself to do it and luckily in a graze-friendly season (Christmastime) seemed to improve my boy sway odds significantly
    - I was in a very dark place after get my positive PT in early January, and spent most of the next 2 months convincing myself it would be DD2, spiraling into depression. If this is you and you need someone to talk to even about the darkest of thoughts, please don't hesitate to DM me. Being able to connect with someone who just GETS IT, won't judge, and will share their own thoughts/coping strategies/etc completely changed my sway experience for the better. After talking through a lot of my dark thoughts with my gd.com friend, I felt more confident in my ability to handle whatever news the NIPT tests were going to give me. Lady Gaga said it best... "there can be 100 people in the room and 99 don't believe in you, and you just need one to believe in you" --- so if you're struggling, make an effort to find your one person on here that is going through a similar struggle and go through it together. It helps
    - for more personal info, here is the link to how we accidentally got our DD:

https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ying-blue.html
    Last edited by Blue2; March 7th, 2019 at 02:17 PM.

2. Thanks PadrePioidevotemyfirstson thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many many congratulations blue. So so happy for you dear.. Enjoy every moment with your little boy in there.. Shop all blue
    Happy and healthy pregnancy ahead

That's a great sway!
    Last edited by TA Sait; March 7th, 2019 at 12:59 AM.

4. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So very very happy for you blue2! And happy we could be there for you through your journey wish we all lived close by so we could throw you a giant blue baby shower 😊💙

6. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Likes TA Sait liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very very happy for you Blue2, and congratulations again on your boy, shop all the blues never put pink lol leave it for me , wish you all the healthy pregnancy ahead of you.

Sent from my A7155_X4_mini using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats Blue2! So happy for you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats blue..

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lovely’ to hearthis, congrats!
    So many blue sways successful of late, especially for Mummas with only one or two girls...hope the all giRls mummas will get some of that blue dust soon too haha

Here’s to a happy and healthy pregnancy Blue - enjoy this blessing
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

14. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Likes TA Sait liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Blue2 love it when dreams come true!!
    now 6blue5pink

16. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love it blue2! So happy for you! Happy and healthy pregnancy to you!

18. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratulations for your baby boy.

how many hours after your OPK test got positive did you BD?

20. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast