Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

2ww how important is diet?

Hi,

So I know from the girl sway notes that you should continue following the LE diet during the 2ww, but I'm still confused as to why?

I was on the LE diet for just over 2 weeks before I O and I lost 7lbs, I'm still trying to stick to it now at around 3dpo but I'm finding it a lot harder as suddenly I'm feeling a lot hungrier!

I have had a bad day today in particular, I had breakfast because we were going out for the day so I knew it would be hard to get lunch that fitted with the LE diet. Then when we got home we have family over visiting so I cooked fajitas - my plan being I would just have salad in a wrap as I've been trying to stick to no meat as much as possible. Of course once it was all on the table looking scrummy I couldn't resist putting a couple of pieces of chicken in my fajita too, along with some cheese. Then to make matters worse I had an icecream for dessert. <hangs head in shame>

So could I have totally ruined my sway?

The rest of my sway this month was as follows:

Diet: LE diet (7lbs lost)
    Exercise: No, just everyday stuff I couldn't avoid (walking the dog, playing with the boys).
    Vitamins: Just x2 400mg folic acid (morning and evening)
    Other: I took some baby aspirin around ovulation as I was having cramps, and I took piriton around 1hr before bd attempt, and we used a small fingertip amount of sylk with both attempts.
    DH: FR from cd5 to cd18 when I got a +opk.

Once I got a +opk we bd, no j+d but we were standing up, then about 10 hours after +opk we bd again, me on top. Waited 15 mins before j+d.

Anything we should do differently next month if we don't get a bfp?
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because XX fertilized eggs, AFTER ovulation, develop best in a lower glucose environment than XY do and we're trying to maximize our odds for our XX to do well. It's also not good for our bodies or for a developing baby to go from eating very little protein, sodium, cals to eating a ton suddenly.

Not only that, but it makes no sense to do the diet before your first attempt if you're just going to toss it out the window for 2 weeks a month. Why even bother doing the diet for 6 weeks to start with, KWIM??

What you ate did NOT ruin your sway. One meal here or there doesn't hurt you, it's the overall pattern of your diet that matters.

The rest of your sway looks good.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, I've had to increase my calories a little as I started getting really faint and dizzy but I'm still sticking to the LE principles. I'm currently on 11dpo and have quite a lot of pregnancy signs so I am really hoping to get my bfp this month. Will keep you posted! xx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mummypink, I asked the same thing! I did go on a bit of a binge at 3dpo because I went to a horse show, it was 90 degrees, I hadnt ridden in weeks, and I was very weak. So I drank Gatorade, and ATE!! I actually ate a lot (I'm talking loaded taco salad and french fries!), and felt bad about it until I decided that if I was pg it was more important that I not faint and become a puddle of hot goo under my horses feet! I let it go knowing that I am either pg or not and just got back on track the next day. I really think you have to get to a place where you are happy with the knowledge that you did all you could to sway, and nothing is ever perfect!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Andrew '99, Tyler '01, Slade '11
    summer 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so excited that you guys both got BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I really appreciate all the advice you have given me, my fingers are crossed that our sway works but I'm also relieved to be pregnant after ttc for 6 months. I know that isn't long but it felt it after falling pregnant so quickly with my boys - plus my dh was getting less and less impressed with some of the things I was asking him to do!! xx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so devastated to come across this! I've swayed SO hard for pink for the last three months! And almost certain I'm pregnant atm, 4 dpo, (I know it's early, but all symptoms exactly like I remember with my first two.)
    So yesterday and today I've eaten red meat (haven't eaten it in months) and also started eating breakfast again! I read an article that said the gender was determined at conception! Hope so much that this doesn't effect my sway. Will get back on track now!!! Assuming I get a bfp, when do you think it's ok to get onto regular eating again?

Xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe_dreamofpink View Post
    I'm so devastated to come across this! I've swayed SO hard for pink for the last three months! And almost certain I'm pregnant atm, 4 dpo, (I know it's early, but all symptoms exactly like I remember with my first two.)
    So yesterday and today I've eaten red meat (haven't eaten it in months) and also started eating breakfast again! I read an article that said the gender was determined at conception! Hope so much that this doesn't effect my sway. Will get back on track now!!! Assuming I get a bfp, when do you think it's ok to get onto regular eating again?

Xx
    Hi!

The gender is determined at conception - yes! But the advice too stick to LE-diet during 2ww is about wanting the eventual XX to stick, they seem to develop better when skipping breakfast etc. As atomic wrote in earlier in this thread:

"Because XX fertilized eggs, AFTER ovulation, develop best in a lower glucose environment than XY do and we're trying to maximize our odds for our XX to do well. It's also not good for our bodies or for a developing baby to go from eating very little protein, sodium, cals to eating a ton suddenly."

Fingers crossed for you!
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES, gender is determined at conception. But since we have evidence that XX develop better in lower glucose environment (and in fact this is the best proven aspect of gender ratio)we try to keep our blood sugar levels a bit lower at least till 7 dpo when we can. It is also very likely that it helps our sway for future months (and there' snever a guarantee that you will fall pg in a particular month so you may end up swaying in the future.) Please don't panic about this, as babies can develop in a wide range of environments. It's just something we do to try and up our odds a bit.

Believe it or not, it's simply impossible to have symptoms at 4 DPO. It is possible that months you have a lot going on hormonally you are more likely to conceive, but what you're interpreting as pg symptoms is hormonal fluctuations and not necessarily pg related.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My doctor mentioned that the egg will sometimes take a day or two to "accept" the sperm. I wonder if this is true. If so even more reason to follow during 2ww
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.