Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My (fumbled?) Girl Sway Attempt March 2013

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
    Gender Result (2WW right now) - Unknown
    DW Age: 39
    DH Age: 47
    Current Children's Gender(s): No current children.
    Number of Months TTC: Total: 3 (May, August 2012 and March 2013 so far)
    Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan? No

DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan? Yes

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?

low carb and low calorie; no refined flower or sugar; low fruit; low glycemic. The only carbs I had were whole grain high fiber bread or low carb tortillas. Did have 1 tiny potato 2 days before O.

Comments regarding DW's diet changes:

I have followed a low-carb diet seriously since 2007, but after an early misc in May i added back in some fruits and whole grains. I do include fat, estimate at about 20-30%? I flipped from artificial sweetners to Stevia in Aug 2012 also. Total calories are usually 1000 with the occasional 1200.
    I do take prenatals (since August 2012) and folic acid (400mg/day from Aug 2011-2012 and 800 mg/day from Aug 2012- present). Also separate 1200 mg Calcium + Vit D daily.
    Added in bromelain for endometrium and Vitex in the first 2 wks of cycle (Feb/March) so far.

If diet was used, length of time before attempt? ongoing
    Did you skip breakfast regularly? Yes
    Did DH change his diet with you? No
    Comments regarding DH's diet-
    He did not do any supps or eat any differently. He will drink a bottle of wine once per week in one sitting. He smokes 2 packs/I cannot get him to quit that... He will take vitamins but doesnt believe in them so it's an uphill battle. Miss Health with Mr Unhealthy :-)

Did you consume alcohol? Never

DId you try to limit caffeine? The occasional green tea or cocoa powder with stevia for me. No coffee.

Any Diet Details?
    As above. I do eat cream cheese and margerine. I skip breakfast; sometimes can eat just one meal per day (dinner). If i eat midday its very light: vegetables and protein with tea for example. Lot of green beans, cucumbers, salad and broccoli.

Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    UNFORTUNATELY the stress of an international move and temping made me forget about exercise requirements. I planned to do all or nothing but it ended up in between. I am 125 Lbs now (heaviest have been) at 5'7".
    I do stairs 30 min maybe 2-3 times per week but there were 2 weeks at start of this cycle where i did nothing.

Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    see above

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    I have no CM as a rule... so i used PreSeed to keep the fish in there and provide some lube (!)
    am in 2ww now.

Any VG potions used?
    Preseed

CM pH at attempt: DId not test :-(
    DH pH: DId not test :-(

How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    BD Dates according to Ovulation
    5 Days Before O
    Day of O

Any additional comments?
    I thought I had a perfect timing sway planned out but that failed. We BD on CD13, counting on a CD16 or 17 for O. But then O was late by 2 days. And at that point when i got the +OPK the DH was working and gave a conniption fit...could not perform. So long story short is my plans were foiled and we ended up only at the 5-days-before and day-of O mark for BDM. UGH.
    Entered from behind, somewhat shallow release. I laid in bed for 30 min then inserted instead cup.

THE DEED INFO

BD Position
    CD13: missionary
    CD18: spooning
    Did you Jump and Dump?
    Yes but after 30 min

Any relevant attempt details?
    O by his maniupluation on CD13 but no O on CD18

SUPPLEMENTS USED
    as above

DH Supplements
    -
    Any additional supplement info?
    no
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    no
    Moon Phase during conception?
    we are headed towards a full moon next week i think? not sure what phase it puts me in, but i think a boy sway phase :-(

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    No but have been praying daily for over a year now.

Things that make me feel great about my sway: Low glycemic, no frequent meals, and low calorie

Things that make me nervous about my sway: The list is long! That we BDM the day of O...or too close to it; that i haven't been losing weight; that O was late by 2 days. That my PH is too alkaline (didnt test)...I really fear this will be a boy.
    AND that DH has two boys from prior marriage.

Things worth mentioning:
    i had weight issues (losing too much) in my teens due to a competitive sport I was pursuing at professional level. My weight has been stable for years now, however I kept the low carb approach. My father is diabetic, as was his mother and her parents; i have what i believe is a tendency to diabetes as I react strongly to carbs and glucose, moreso than most people -- hence my nearly lifelong adherence now to low carb.
    About weight, I read that those w/weight issues tend to have mroe boys. (ak!) I still have some issues psychologically with my weight but in my "old age" i care less. I gained weight last June on purpose (6-7 lbs, from 118 or so up to 126 or 126) to ensure I have enough fat/hormones to conceive. But i worry that tilts me towards boy sway. Its such a hard balance: not enough weight and NO baby, but if i gain then i may get a boy...

Finally i miscarried in May (first month off pills after 10 yrs) but the endometrium was never above 5mm. I did acupuncture for 3+ mos before March and took / take herbals to improve egg health and endo lining.
    Last edited by KatyaLiza; March 25th, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good!! FX for a little pink bundle in 9 short months! :-)
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Am3a. Am so worried that 1) I wont conceive due to stress around O time (that made it late...does late O sway girl, please???) or 2) that the fact i'm not just LOSING weight means it will be a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything crossed for you that your sway works
    Im no expert but sounds good

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Am3a View Post
    Looks good!! FX for a little pink bundle in 9 short months! :-)
    Good luck!!! Fingers crossed for your wee girl x