Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Plz help. I'm new and a bit confused.

First off I'd like to introduce myself. I'm the mother of 2 handsome boys ages 2 and almost 4. I would like to try all I can to sway for a girl staring next month in February.

So far I started my girl diet at the end of December. December 29 to be exact. In a typical day I have a cup of coffee with fat free coffee mate. Then wait till at least 12 to eat lunch which normally consists of pasta with ragu (no meat) or rice cakes or yogurt some red vines (or other kind of candy) or baked potato with margarin salt and pepper or fruit or rice (I normally have some combination of these things. Not all at once). My dinner is then a combination of some of the things mentioned above. I also drink crystal light and diet Pepsi with cherry. So far I have lost 5-6 lbs. I was wondering if the foods I'm eating at ok and if I should eliminate something or add something else. I am no longer eating meat at all and don't really drink milk so I've pretty much gone vegan.

The supplements I've started are baby aspirin 3x a week. Fiber 3 pills a day. Folic acid 800 mg a day. I started saw palmetto (800mg a day)cd 1 this cycle. I'm certainty on cd 11 and am wondering if I should stop it before o or just continue it all month since I'm going to ttc next month? So I'd be taking it af-af then start af-o the month I ttc? Also, I previously was wary of taking vitex for worry of messing with my cycle too much but have since decided to take it. So I started taking them today. Is that ok to start vitex on cd 11? And should I take it this whole cycle until I ttc next month then start the af-o plan? So again cd11-af then af-o?

I do also plan on using replens as well but have read rephresh is better? Thoughts?

As far as timing I got my boys with just one attempt so I'm planing bd every day from end of af to confirmed o. Thoughts on this? Thank you in advance I appreciate any help I receive.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I forgot to mention I plan on taking antihistamines when I have ewcm

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The diet sounds good to me, I can't comment on the supps but surely AS will. I do think that you should just have one BD attempt even though you got boys that way before. You got boys despite doing only one attempt, not because of it. If you want to change things up, have DH release regularly or do compressed frequent release, but stick with one BD attempt. Maybe hubby has high sperm count and/or you have lots of high ph, fertile cervical mucus. These would sway blue even with one attempt. The good news is with you changing your diet and DH doing FR you can change these things.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I so appreciate everyone's in put. I also wanted to ask, though I know you said you can't comment on the supplements (maybe atomic will have some insight), if the saw palmetto and vitex mess up my cycle would one bd attempt be a good idea? If I can't pin point my o anymore shouldn't I have more than one attempt? Or how would I go about that one attempt? And do we only do one attempt because of ph?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should still be able to get an idea of when you O even if your cycle changes and you don't O at the usual time. I recommend temping and using OPKs as well as monitoring your CM.

We don't know for sure why one attempt is getting the best results for pink, but one theory is low sperm count. Ph could possibly be involved as semen has a high pH so multiple ejaculations inside you will raise your overall pH at least briefly.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 18th, 2014 at 08:00 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not really sure myself how to guide u either, but atomic will know. I know its usually one bed attempt at positive opk, but if you are unable to see that then I am not the one who can give your advise either. I know its good when vitex messes up your cycle since that does sway pink, that is a good thing! One bed attempt sways pink!! My cousin who wasn't even swaying, she did one bed attempt by mistake and she is having a girl. I did sway, and I had one attempt and positive opk and i am having a girl. So, I did not believe it that one attempt can sway pink & but I am now a true believer.

I took vitex from period to period & I took saw palmento the previous month before that. I went on clomid so I can't help with your exact sway but atomic will!!
    I can tell you that your sway looks great. I ate a ton of candy too. FF candy!! I really thought a bagel with cream cheese filled me up more then pasta for lunch, but maybe you having the potato also is helping you last to later in the day. I think it is ok to up your folic acid too but I not sure the exact amount so find that one out or search the threads! Oh and if it is not to late, a personal sway from atomic i recommend it really helped me A LOT!! Without her guidance there is no way I would of had my girl. So, if you don't have one I suggest you get one. Good luck on your sway!! I hope you hear pink!! xx
    Last edited by GT77; January 18th, 2014 at 08:54 AM.
    March 17, 2011 Mommy to my handsome son
    May 22, 2014 Mommy to my beautiful daughter

Dreams can come true!!
    Swayed for a girl using Clomid and it worked!

I wanted to thank Atomic & GD for being so supportive & guiding me via emails daily through my sway! I could of not of done it without you Atomic!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! Thank you so much!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you both so much! I do do temping and keep track of my cm but bbt will only tell me after I o so it makes me nervous. And since my cm should change will I be able to know by that? This is all so crazy lol. But oh so worth it. I guess my best bet world be opks? I've never actually used them before so are the pretty simple to read? And what brand is recommended?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had another question. As far as fat goes I'm a but confused. What do I need to pay attention to? Sat fat unsat fat total fat or calories from fat I've been keeping calories from fat around 40 daily but this is very difficult. Am I right in doing this?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely recommend using OPKs so you can plan your one BD attempt. I like Wondfo brand from Amazon. With green handles.

As for fats, I would only worry about overall fat consumption at first, sticking to the max grams allowed and of course overall calories. If you find you have extra time or have a choice of fats, choosing a girl friendly fat over a boy friendly one can't hurt. I find it very difficult to eat low fat, too. It's hard enough without obsessing over the exact fats themselves! So I don't worry about it too much and remind myself I need some healthy fats anyway in order to O and get pregnant.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Diet looks good, just be sure you are getting enough, looks like maybe a bit low on protein??

I would increase folic to 1200-1600 mcg

There are pros and cons to continuing SP/V or to stopping it. We honesty just don't have the data to say for sure. Right now, the 2w on, rest of cycle off pattern has not been getting great results, but at the same time, taking them all month long has stopped people's ovulation. When I can't say for sure what is best then I have to toss the ball back to you and leave the decision in your hands.

I think RepHresh is better than Replens, but again we haven't gotten fantastic results with any of the jellies.

We have gotten 75% success for pink with one attempt. I do not recommend BD thru O
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast