Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Year-long sway attempt failed. Two miscarriages, now a 3rd boy...

After swaying for over a year and suffering two miscarriages I am SO disappointed to report that my sway failed and I am now expecting boy #3.
    I am totally devastated.
    In a brief recap, here was my sway....
    - no breakfast
    - no red meat, very limited meats
    - no vitamins
    - shallow release, no big O
    - FIVE DAY cutoff, yes... five days... DH was actually out of town when I O'd so I know this to be true
    - pregnant after cycle following miscarriage/laporoscopic procedure
    - Vitex and Saw Palmetto
    - negative ions/ girl things under the mattress
    - so much more, but my mind is a blur and I can't remember.

My doctors (I saw multiple ones over the past year) all said that swaying and timing don't matter, and I refused to believe them. I am so sad that I swayed SO hard this time, I am having another boy. I am suffering from gender disappointment for the second time around. I did a light sway with DS2 which also failed.

Fortunately, DH is 100% on board with making my dreams come true and we will do IVF/PGD for kid #4, assuring us a girl. If anyone has recommendations, preferably in Colorado, please let me know.

Now, back to crying my eyes out
    Luckiest mama to a (2011) and my sweet (2013 unmedicated VBAC).

Missing my Angel Babies (1/2015), lost due to twin partial molar pregnancy. Another , June 2015.. rainbow 2016.

Hoping for a rainbow girl in 2017; PGD/IVF.

2. Dislikes Jany1025 disliked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel you. I was so pissed and disappointed with my 4th son. I would suggest IVF and take out a loan. I wanted to do that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy of one girl (6) & 4 handsome boys! (2) (4) (5) (8)

~My twin girl sway~

4. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have one determined little boy! Conceptions in Colorado is one of the best clinics anywhere. We have a member that just got her BFP today that cycled there.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush, 2boymamma1984 thanked for this post
    Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh . I'm so sorry! I had a terrible time accepting I had DS3 on board too - and that was without the miscarriages or swaying. I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Big hugs xx
    I spent about a month crying and then slowly got used to the idea of a 3rd boy. My first 2 were 8lb boys so I was expecting him to be around the same but at 41 weeks I got induced and had this perfect little 6lb 0oz baby. He was the smallest little thing I'd ever seen and we were all just totally smitten with him. He was the easiest baby and is now the sweetest little momma's boy. So glad he joined our family when he did.
    I'm know things are incredibly tough right now but you will make it through this xx so glad you have HT plans for number 4. I'll pray for an easy road from now on.
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

8. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    May u find peace in your third boy. I wish u all the best with pgd/ivf. U r lucky hun tht dh is agreed upon ht. my hubby refused clearly on going tht route.
    So its not an option for me

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did she do gender selection? I haven't been able to find anything on their site saying that they do, and I'm pretty sure that CO doesn't allow it. That would be GREAT if they do I'll have to give them a call!
    Luckiest mama to a (2011) and my sweet (2013 unmedicated VBAC).

Missing my Angel Babies (1/2015), lost due to twin partial molar pregnancy. Another , June 2015.. rainbow 2016.

Hoping for a rainbow girl in 2017; PGD/IVF.

11. Likes 2boymamma1984 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you're so sad. I think sometimes swaying so hard and getting an opposite is more difficult because you start to think you are guaranteed your DG. The important thing is that your H is willing to go HT next time and that this little boy will be an amazing addition to your family and I'm sure once he arrives you won't be able to imagine life without him.
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ((((Hugs))))

Knowing you'll eventually have your baby girl hopefully will allow you to enjoy your pregnancy and fall head over heels with your beautiful baby boy!

For what it's worth... Our 3rd son is secretly my favourite!
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

14. Likes Junie, sushikitty, Sunbuny, Dreamofpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daydrmbelievr View Post
    After swaying for over a year and suffering two miscarriages I am SO disappointed to report that my sway failed and I am now expecting boy #3.
    I am totally devastated.
    In a brief recap, here was my sway....
    - no breakfast
    - no red meat, very limited meats
    - no vitamins
    - shallow release, no big O
    - FIVE DAY cutoff, yes... five days... DH was actually out of town when I O'd so I know this to be true
    - pregnant after cycle following miscarriage/laporoscopic procedure
    - Vitex and Saw Palmetto
    - negative ions/ girl things under the mattress
    - so much more, but my mind is a blur and I can't remember.

My doctors (I saw multiple ones over the past year) all said that swaying and timing don't matter, and I refused to believe them. I am so sad that I swayed SO hard this time, I am having another boy. I am suffering from gender disappointment for the second time around. I did a light sway with DS2 which also failed.

Fortunately, DH is 100% on board with making my dreams come true and we will do IVF/PGD for kid #4, assuring us a girl. If anyone has recommendations, preferably in Colorado, please let me know.

Now, back to crying my eyes out
    I feel for you. I discovered swaying while we were TTC baby 2 and believed in timing too, so we were surprised when DS2 arrived. But as we wanted a big family I wasn't too upset. I then found this website and with the help and support of Atomic and everyone else, I swayed hard! So hard that my cycles lengthened to about 44 days long. But DS3 came along. I cried loads between the gender scan and his birth but found choosing his name and picturing him the best therapy. Fortunately for me he's turned out to be my easiest baby. He's now two and makes me laugh literally every single day. So it's off to California for us this time, hopefully in January next year I'll be able to say "yey! it's my girl!"
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't sway for a year but I did have the m/c and failed sway and DS3. I was okay with DS2 mostly because I had wanted 3 [living] kids anyway and I figured it would be awesome for DS1 to have a brother but coming to terms with DS3 especially after a failed sway--(similar to yours, add clomid instead of vitex, right after a m/c with a d&c, etc.) . It's hard to get okay with it until he was here, I didn't really want to talk boy names at all, ever. We mostly named him in the OR. But he seriously is the easiest, best baby and fits right in our family like he was meant to be here all along. It does suck. But it will be okay. But it's okay to be sad.

I'm pretty sure multiple ladies from this site have cycled at Conceptions in CO. {If you are a dream member I think you can see them on midwest completed cycles]. We are considering it but it's not local to us and is more expensive than our local clinic where we could afford 2 cycles vs.1 so not sure that we will end up there. Definitely knowing that DH was on board with going HT in a couple years has helped, but I do have to remind myself to enjoy the ride we have now because it's not guaranteed to work and I'd hate to waste DS3's babyhood (and my pregnancy before he was here) thinking about what happens next because it's easier to dwell on that sometimes.
    (2009)
    (2011- IUI and femara) (2012), (8/2015) (sway opposite) 2019
    HT 2018- Feb - 12 retrieved- 0 embies made it to PGS testing
    April- 10 retrieved- 1 5AB embryo made it to testing- normal XX!!!! July FET- BFP!!! DD born 2019

17. Thanks atomic sagebrush, daydrmbelievr thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast