Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mochagirl's Girl Sway - Result Unknown (Miscarriage)

I hope I'm not being premature posting this now since it's still very early days, but I'm worried I'm going to forget about all the details of my attempt if I don't!

Thanks to everyone for your support and friendship during this past several months - particularly to my diet buddies Zanacal and swish who helped keep me motivated to stick to the diet. Also thanks to DoulaMama for sending me an envelope full of OPKs and HPTs, which were drenched in baby dust, and to atomic for never tiring of my endless questions.

Don't worry everyone - I'm not one of those who's going to disappear after my BFP - you won't get rid of me that easily!

USERNAME: Mochagirl
    DH'S AGE: 37
    CHILDREN: 3 Boys - 5 year old identical twins and a 2 year old
    NO. MONTHS TTC: 4

DIET:
    Low Everything diet starting May 1st, so about 4.5 months prior to my BFP. I started out at 130lbs and ended at 109 - almost all that was lost in the first 2 months. I haven't weighed this little since I was a preteen, and shocked myself by fitting into size 00 clothes instead of my usual size 6.

In the beginning I had trouble eating enough calories while staying within the bounds of the diet, and that's why I lost weight so quickly. For the last month and a half I was trying to eat at least 1800 calories a day to maintain my weight since I didn't have anymore to lose and was worried I'd stop ovulating.

I was very strict on being vegetarian, having no breakfast and no snacking during the day, though I did snack in the evening and called it my 3rd meal. I did cheat on occasion when out with family and friends, but normally my cheats were just with sodium. I did cheat quite a bit one week before O while staying at my Mom's house, and 2 days before O while at a girls' night in (I had chips and guacamole + pizza), so I do regret that a little.

I bought a food scale and weighed everything to make sure I wasn't overestimating on portion sizes. I also switched to rice pasta as I found real pasta too high in protein.

I still drank 1 coffee a day and lots of Diet Pepsi, so I definitely wasn't restricting caffeine. I also ate lots of sweets.

DH didn't diet at all, though his consumption of red meat was down simply because I wasn't cooking it for him.

EXERCISE:
    None - status quo for me, I'm afraid

POTIONS & PILLS:
    Saw Palmetto - AF-O for about 2 months before our attempt. I was taking a half dose until about 3 weeks before the attempt when I started a full dose.

Vitex – AF-O for about 3 months prior to our attempt

Low Dosage Aspirin – I started out taking it every day then kept cutting back as I experienced bad bruising. Around my attempt I was taking it about once every 3 days.

Folic Acid – 1000 mcg once a day

Antihistimines – Reactine (same active ingredient as Zyrtec) starting around CD10 until CD16. I took Benedryl a couple of times but found it made me pass out before dh and I got around to dtd, so thought it wasn't worth it anymore.

POTIONS & PILLS FOR YOUR MAN:
    None

TIMING:
    On all our previous cycles, DH had released daily starting on CD1, then we started DTD once a day every day from about CD7 until O. This month we were out of town the weekend before O and ended up missing lots of nights. To 'catch up' I had DH release twice on CD10, then once in the morning of CD11. We started dtd for real that night, and every night through to CD16. I'm fairly sure I O'd in the early morning of CD16, but FF keeps going back and forth between CD14 and CD16. Either way, I BD through O. Many of our BD sessions were in the middle of the day since it just worked better with our schedules.

We dtd either missionary position or on our sides - I didn't make a great effort to keep things shallow, but we weren't too deep either way. Each time I lay with my hips propped for about 5 minutes then jumped up and let gravity do its work.

THINGS IN YOUR VG:
    I had used Sylk and Rephresh for my first few attempts, then dropped Sylk after not getting pregnant. This cycle I only used Rephresh once - on CD 10 - so it was long gone by O.

Did you track your pH, if so, what was it before the attempt(s):
    I think I have low ionic strength - PH strips never change colour at all for me. In the 5 days surrounding O, I drank on average 4 cans of Diet Pepsi a day + some Crystal Light in an attempt to ensure my PH was low. I didn't test DH this time, but in the past he's always been a 7.

Anything else?
    I was still breastfeeding ds3 once a day until June. Although I no longer BF, I can still produce milk when I squeeze my BBs, so I hope that still had some swaying impact.

I came down with a nasty cold the day after I ovulated - sore throat, runny nose, the works - I probably already had the virus when I O'd.

Although I don't believe in moon phases being important, it's worth noting that I O'd during the harvest full moon - so basically the strongest boy zone you can get. I would be lying if I said that didn't make me nervous.

I am normally an overproducer of EWCM for several days before O - like TONS so that I have to change my underwear during the day. This past two months I only really had one day of mild EWCM followed by a watery/creamy mix as O approached. I think a combo of diet and antihistamines did this.

I had a reading done by an internet psychic a couple months back and she predicted a pink BFP for me in September. At the time I was planning on taking September off due to a scheduling conflict, but here I am pregnant. Here's hoping she was right about it being pink!

That's all I can think of for now - I'll update as I think of things I missed!
    Last edited by Mochagirl; April 6th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay, so happy to read this I really hope you get your baby girl mocha - and enjoy eating again!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking we should set up a format for our girl sways where every aspect has a yes/no answer followed by the in-depth stuff - so once we have a few we can put them into a searchable spreadsheet or something. Does that sound like a good idea?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering who did you get your reading done by....I don't really believe in that stuff but I want a girl so bad I am willing to try anything at this point....=)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was someone on sweetbabybump.com - she does free readings and there's always an ongoing thread where you can post your questions.

Z - I think that's a great idea. I know lots of people use the form from IG, but so much of it involves ions, etc. that we don't emphasize on this site. Maybe we could adapt it, though?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AWESOME sway mocha!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations again!!!
    Mom to
    A HUGE thank you to Atomic and the Gender Dreaming Forum!!
    Due The End Of July

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic sway, mocha, you should have no regrets!!!
    You're sooooooo welcome with the support and friendship, it's been great being sway buddies, I hope we can be bfp buddies too!!! Xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, swish. I'm hoping you, Z and I will all have due dates within a month of each other!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aww fantastic sway! with that much weight loss you must stand a really really high chance of pink even ignoring all of the rest of it

may I ask who did your reading btw?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was on sweetbabybump.com - I think her name was IC1111. You have to join the site to post a question, but readings are free.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast