Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Timing, confused!

Hello all! This is my first post although I have been reading these threads for some time. I have a question regarding timing of bd for ttc a girl. I normally ovulate on day 12/13 and I was going to use the e4d method. My dilemma is that i am ovulating later than normal. I already bd on CD 6 and 10. Today is day 13 and I am just now getting the beginning of my +opk. I am most likely going to ovulate tomorrow night, which would be the next time I would bd according to the e4d method. Should I go ahead and bd tonight even though it has only been 3 days? Or tomorrow night even though it will be right when I am ovulating. I have 2 girls that were both conceived at the start of my + opk so I am so thrown off now. I wish I would have just waited for the + opk! I could also just not bd anymore and take my chances on the bd from cd10. Although, I have conceived 2 boys with a 4 day cutoff before. I have been on the LE diet for 13 weeks, with a few days off at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I have taken a break from the exercise due to an injury. I take folic acid, fiber and recently started metformin for fasting numbers (prediabetes) I also take a baby aspirin because of history of blood clots. Dh takes olive leaf extract and is drinking soy milk. I am 38, he is 41. What do ya'll think? I want to do whatever will be the most girl friendly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! If you BD’d CD 6 and then again at 10 evening, I would actually consider that a full 5 days. So technically if it was me and today was 13 dpo as you are with the last be at CD 10, I would consider this night to be 4 days, you’re still in the range for e4d! To me it would depend on what time of day you BD’d though. Say if it were 10 pm be start count to 10 pm next day consider that one day. If it’s been 4 days I would definitely bd tonight and just leave it at that! You won’t be in blue range. I wish you luck
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; January 4th, 2019 at 09:39 PM.

3. Thanks mccoy.kasey, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway, it doesn't matter when you're ovulating. to do the e4d method you should be BD every 72 hours so that would be today (agh, yesterday, only just now seeing this) because unless you are really wanting to be careful starting off, that's how most people count it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks mccoy.kasey thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedbymybabies View Post
    Hi! If you BD’d CD 6 and then again at 10 evening, I would actually consider that a full 5 days. So technically if it was me and today was 13 dpo as you are with the last be at CD 10, I would consider this night to be 4 days, you’re still in the range for e4d! To me it would depend on what time of day you BD’d though. Say if it were 10 pm be start count to 10 pm next day consider that one day. If it’s been 4 days I would definitely bd tonight and just leave it at that! You won’t be in blue range. I wish you luck
    thanks so much for replying! really appreciate it.

7. Thanks mccoy.kasey, Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! We ended up bd'ing early this morning just because we couldn't fit it in with a fussy lo last night. It was 80ish hours instead of 72! Hopefully that will work!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awe anytime Atomic! And actually, I swear you learn something new everyday here because it seems to me there is so much variation that comes with the e4d? I just learned from you’r reply below it’s every 72 hours! Haha I literally thought it was every 96 hours a full 4 days then BD, that may still work for conception but I guess be more likely in favour of conceiving with 72 so good to know. I’ll adjust my BD accordingly lol

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mccoy.kasey View Post
    Thank you so much! We ended up bd'ing early this morning just because we couldn't fit it in with a fussy lo last night. It was 80ish hours instead of 72! Hopefully that will work!

Yep it doesn't ahve to be exact! Perfect!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedbymybabies View Post
    Awe anytime Atomic! And actually, I swear you learn something new everyday here because it seems to me there is so much variation that comes with the e4d? I just learned from you’r reply below it’s every 72 hours! Haha I literally thought it was every 96 hours a full 4 days then BD, that may still work for conception but I guess be more likely in favour of conceiving with 72 so good to know. I’ll adjust my BD accordingly lol
    Any confusion is totally my fault since i need a complete guide to e4d.

E4d is just a method - meaning to have sex every 4 days or so. You can do it in either the every 72 hours or every 96 hour pattern. Most people are doing e4d as a way to get pregnant faster than one attempt and so they're doing every 72 (or some of us call this "Mon/Thurs" pattern, not thoe days but tha'ts how you count the days) A minority of people are doing e4d because they don't want to mess with OPK and when they're just starting off we have them start off on every 96 hours. Some even go further, to once a week sex. But this is NOT going to have the benefit of being better chance of conception than one attempt. Only the every 72 hours is better chance of conception than a properly done one attempt, rreally (now, if a couple is mistiming their one attempt, then every 96 wil still be better odds of conception, but that's another topic relaly)

Then, to make matters even more complicated when people start doing e4d plus one more attempt at pos OPK to REALLY boost conception, some of them go back from every 72 to every 96 hours. I generally don't recommend that as it seems to me to not really make you hugely more likely to conceive but it is what some people prefer to do, rather than risk being too blue friendly by going stright to e72 plus one at pos OPK (which can end up rarely to be 3 attempts in the fertile window)

So what could happen is this (doing these things for 1-2 months each):

One attempt
    then e96
    then e72
    then back to e96 plus one at pos opk
    Then to e72 plus one at pos opk

or this:

Start off at e96
    Then go to e72
    then e96 plus one at pos OPK
    then e72 plus one at pos OPK

Or whatever pattern makes sense to people. The "e4d" name is just to differentiate the method of having regular unprotected sex just often enough to conceive with vs. BD through O, or one attempt, or SMEP, that kind of thing