Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    This was a sway opposite. There was a chromosomal abnormality likely maternally linked. At this point, I am not sure I will try again given this result.

I’m very sad even though it isn’t surprising it was a maternal caused abnormality. Interestingly, google tells me this trisomy is the most common and shows little association with maternal age (although other pages say it is maternal age related) but it is still a tough pill to swallow at any rate.
    Oh dream! I’m so sorry to hear that massive hugs

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2fdf7e

Dh - 42
    Dw -41

- (2009)
    - (2011)
    - (2013)

TTC

TL reversal April 2018
    Only right tube reattached .
    Ultra Low AMH in July, but not all is lost .

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2fdf7e

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so, so sorry to hear that DreamofDaughter. My sway was an opposite too, and the fact that I'd run an hour every single day for more than 3 months, dieted, done intermittent fasting, no meat etc made me feel convinced in the end that it would be a girl, so it was hard news to take that it isn't and left me really shaken, with severe anxiety and insomnia for over 2 months. It's hard not to get your hopes up more than normal when you've actively swayed and start imagining your life a certain way, and combined with pregnancy hormones, it isn't pretty haha.

Now I am excited about our beautiful little boy, because after all, a baby is a BABY, not a penis or a vagina, so as much as I would love a daughter I am so grateful for a healthy baby and so stoked for my 2 year old that he will have a brother and best friend for life. I'm not sure that a pigeon pair would be as close through childhood and adulthood. If we do go for a third child some years down the line (not sure we will, going to see how we feel with 2 first), we'd pursue gender selection overseas (not legal here) because I can't face the antenatal anxiety / depression again. I wish I'd known how hard I'd take it, but don't think I would have gone to the extreme measure of IVF the second time around especially as we would have to remortgage our house and travel overseas. I am so sorry you have been through this, please feel free to reach out to me by DM if you want to talk. I'm thinking of you xxx

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to say too that you had such a great sway for such a long time and did everything that you could, so I hope you're feeling ok, I can't even imagine what you've been through. Sending love and hugs and thinking of you xxx

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12