Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! This is very helpful! I am starting Femara for the first time today and having the HSG done later this week. My diet is pretty consistent during the week. On the weekends breakfast and lunch are similar but sometimes dinner is out and about. Wanted to see if you see if anything that jumps out to you from my regular diet that I should cut back on?

Breakfast: English muffin with light cream cheese and dab of strawberry jam comes about 183 calories or I have a half of English muffin and one scrambled egg
    With cold brew coffee low calorie creamer and equal

Lunch: 1/3 of a cup of rotisserie chicken on low calorie bread with a dab of mayo and sprinkle of cheese. With some blackberries and cup of popcorn or serving of popcorner chips (pop corn chips) and a Diet Coke

Cold brew coffee and with equal and light creamer usually with a snack which I should probably do away with. Sometimes a smoothie or yogurt or fruit

Dinner: grilled chicken rice and veggie or chicken and salad or possibly chicken tacos.

Whole fruit popsicle or small serving of low calorie ice cream in the evening

I have noticed you mentioned fiber and wanted to see how you incorporate that in. Is it through supplements? My husband and I as I mentioned before have been taking calcium/magnesium. I found one without vitamin D Also one serving size of cranberry and folic acid. I was only taking 800 mcg of the folic acid so I am going to add one more to bring me to 1600. Is there any difference between the folic acid or folate that is important to know?

Also I really feel I need to eat breakfast. Would it be best to push it back to later in the morning or early afternoon?

Thank you so much for your advice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you please bump this for me?? Sorry I didn't realize it was as long as it is and I need to get dinner ready! Thank you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump Is this how you bump a post?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes perfect thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have totals for the day?? I want to be sure you're getting enough protein, fat, and cals. The types of foods all seem great (although chicken twice may be quite a bit of protein, depending on serving size)

Most people do take fiber supplements. Let me reread your post before I sound off on that.

Folate is well tolerated by everyone. A minority of people have an inability to metabolize folic acid and it can cause issues for them with pregnancies (possibly miscarriage, for example). Folate is more expensive and harder to find, but it's safer for everyone to take.

Fine to push your first meal back a few hours. That's what most of us do (myself included). Both 2 and 3 meals are equally acceptable on LE Diet, do whatever works for you. I ate at 10-11 am (I get up early) then around 4-5 and had a bedtime snack since I can't sleep on an empty stomach. But you should time the meals however will work, even if it means eating breakfast. Skipping breakfast is no magic bullet, fine to eat in the morning if need be, it's just one little thing that may help a bit.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Reread your information. Since your progesterone is low and your BMI is below my minimum cutoff I DO NOT want you to take fiber. Please no fiber for you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So the diet you have listed above is not what you think your LE Diet should look like, but is your regular diet?

How much fat do you estimate you're eating a day??

I think you'd be better off having full fat dairy only from here on in. I am wondering if your low progesterone is due to inadequate intake of saturated fat.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic! I found folate at a local vitamin shop. Should I do the same dose as the folic acid I was taking? They come in 400, 800, and 1000 mcg.

The foods I listed are basically my diet during the week days. The weekends we eat out a bit more. I can figure out my totals. I used to have two eggs but cut back to one or just the English muffin by itself. The chicken I do a 1/3 of a cup for lunch which is 12 grams of protein, and dinner is usually 1 serving (one small/medium size thin cut chicken breast (around 18-20 grams of protein I believe) along with a carb and veggies. I also eat a lot of berries-blackberries and strawberries. Not sure it that is ok. Do you think I might have a decent LE diet going already? I will ovulating some time next week so it’s almost time. Wasn’t sure I had the diet correct but I have started Femara for the first time and will try the one attempt when I trigger.

Interesting to hear that full fat dairy might help. I love dairy but I usually do 2 percent or skim milk and cheese and low calorie yogurt. I’m guessing when you say full fat that be whole milk? And I will hold off on the fiber if you think it is best. Hope I did my BMI correct. I’m 5’6 and weight ranges from 125-127.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like you guys to take 1200-1600 mcg folate. If you break that into smaller doses it's better utilized by the body. (so 400 3x a day, 800 morning and night.) The 1000 is a high dose so obviously you'd only take that once.

All foods - including berries, are fine in LE Diet limits. Yes, that diet is quite LE friendly, if anything may be too restrictive but we'll know that when you get the totals added up.

Yes full fat dairy is whole milk or cream (so instead of having skim milk in coffee, for instance, you'd have whole, half and half, or cream) and full fat yogurt. I want you to skip fiber. According to the BMI calculator you're 20.2 BMI which is definitely below my cutoff point, so no weight loss.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic! I am so happy to hear that my diet already has LE friendly foods in it! Still trying to figure out my dinner calories so I can have a total amount of calories and protein. Also so helpful to know about the folate vs the folic acid. Is there any way to know if we are not metabolizing folic acid properly?

I just had my HSG done yesterday and that went well. My husband also had a semen analysis and his numbers came back great. I am currently on day 6 of my cycle and will be going in on day ten for an ultrasound to get a better idea of how I’m responding to the Femara. Hoping for one dominant follicle. If we have two we plan to hold off this cycle.

I wanted to ask you what you think would be best to do as far as timing and frequency go. My doctor will have me do a trigger shot once my follicle measures 20. Since my husband had good numbers for his sperm count the doctor said we don’t need to worry about trying every other day or every day, she said er can do whatever we want. I thought we could start trying once a day with pulling out until I get the ok to do my trigger shot and then do our one attempt. I usually surge on my own around day 12 or 13 and today is day 6. What do you think would be best?

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast