Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people who don't metabolize it properly will have repeat losses. But many people in that category have a couple normal pregnancies and then start having issues. When in doubt, use folate. Folate used to be quite expensive and hard to find so keeping folic acid as an option made more sense, but nowadays folate is cheaper and widely available so anyone who wants to make the switch, I'm all for it.

Re number of dominant follicles, I hate to see people skip months on Femara for only 2 dominant follicles. If you're hyperovulating, sure, but many people release two eggs every month and only end up with a singleton. Two eggs does not always or even usually equal twins, and since you can only be on Femara a short time, with your doctor's blessing I'd have an attempt. Your call, but it may be you always release 2 eggs on Femara.

Do be aware since you're on Femara you cannot expect to surge/ovulate on the same day you normally do. This doesn't matter since you're having scans and trigger shot but just so you know.

For the first month, if you want to have your husband do daily release with pullout and one attempt at trigger that's fine. In future months I'd consider doing regular release with one attempt at trigger next month and then in Month 3 if necessary, we'll start adding attempts. On Femara we have to be proactive about adding attempts as we go.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! So grateful for your help!

I’m glad you mentioned that ovulation and surge may be different on Femara. Have you noticed it has been earlier or delayed for the majority or random? Today was my first day (day 7) of using advanced clear blue kit and clear blue monitor. I already noticed a second blue line showing a lot more than it usually would this early on with the kit.

We haven’t had sex since before my period so we need to get started tonight with the pulling out. I don’t want to abstain because we are both over 35. Bummed that it seems like it might be coming sooner than usual. My husband seemed to have a high sperm count or above average so I was hoping to get some try’s in before hand. I am going to go in tomorrow for a scan just to see what’s going on if the kit continues to get darker. Is there a certain amount of try’s with pulling out that may help decrease sperm count a bit or does it not make a big difference? Looks like we might only get one or two try’s in before our 1 attempt.

Also I didn’t quite understand your suggestion for next month? I wasn’t sure what the difference is between daily release with pull out and one attempt at trigger and regular release with one attempt at trigger.

And lastly would you have the one attempt right before you trigger? And is there anything else that you would recommend like a warm bath or shower before? Hopping up right after attempt? Shallow penetration? Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More likely delayed because it's not possible to ovulate within 5 days of your last dose (well, very distantly, but I can count on one hand in 10 years the number of people who it's happened to and at least 2 of them messed up on their dose and missed a day)

You're testing with OPK and you just took Femara? Put all worries that O is nigh out of your head. The Femara for 3 days can make false positives on OPK (so that dark line is almost certainly from that.) It's all but impossible to O the day after you stopped the Femara provided you took it every day you were meant to.

We have found 7-10 days to reduce sperm count reliably but many guys are depleted sooner.

Daily release will deplete sperm numbers. Regular release every 2-4 days will not deplete sperm numbers. So the first "strictest" month you're coming in with depleted sperm numbers and one attempt. Second monty, you're coming in with normal sperm numbers and one attempt. Just a gradual reduction in the strictness of the sway to boost odds of conception.

I would have the attempt night of trigger shot. Whenever it's convenient.

A lot of people choose to do hot bath/hot shower but I've never seen any reliable evidence they work and they do cut odds of conception. J and D, on the other hand, does also reduce odds of conception but did seem to add a little in our results, so if you MUST I'd give J and D a try after 5 minutes this month, then gradually extend it over time till you're laying down the full 30 minutes or more by the last month of Femara.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. I appreciate your guidance. I went in yesterday on day 10 just to see if I had one or more follicles. I already had a 22 on my left and a 14 and 12 on my right so the doctor advised me to have sex yesterday and trigger. I was concerned with the 14 and 12 ml follicles but she said I didn’t have anything g to worry about, that they were small enough.

So we tried before I picked the kids up from school around 1 and triggered in the evening around 9. Debating if we should get one more attempt in tonight. I have triggered in the past without Femara and my left side seemed to ovulate earlier than the 36 hour mark. Any thoughts? I would guess that I would ovulate anywhere from this evening to tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes those would never be ovulated.

If you want a better chance of pink, stick with one attempt. Better chance of conception, have another attempt.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! I’m happy to hear you think the other two are too small to ovulate as well. I was a bit nervous about it.

Do you think that we had a decent one time attempt even though it was before the trigger? Attempt in the afternoon and triggered in the evening 8 hours later? We had tried the night before but we pulled out.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's definitely well within the realm of possible to conceive with an attempt then! I can't give you a guarantee of course, but a lot of people would be quite pleased with that timing.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and there's no way those smaller follicles are going to end in conception! The other one is way too far ahead.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic you made me feel much better Thank you! I felt some strong ovulation pains this afternoon. A little later than I would have expected but grateful to feel like it has hopefully been a good ovulation. Hopefully the Femara will help with my progesterone as well. I also took your advice with having full fat dairy instead of the low calorie. I will test for that next week. Thank you again! I will keep you posted!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have O pains before, during, and after ovulation (I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!) so it doesn't pin it down as much as we'd like, but the trigger shot will ensure O occurred! Good luck!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast