Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. I was very hopeful but it doesn’t look like this is going to be my month. I think I need to move on with more attempts next month and save them for after I trigger. I didn’t have any cervical mucus before and I’m wondering if maybe that is why this month didn’t work out. I had a strong ovulation for the first time in a while. Do you have any tips? I’m really ready to get pregnant. Hopefully I will be able to take the Femara again next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I would have you do is 2 attempts at the trigger. Or you could compromise and have one attempt after the trigger (in case we were too early this time) Totally up to you. I would try very hard to avoid 3 attempts as that was quite blue friendly.

Cervical mucus is not predictive of conception. We have people with lots of visible CM who don't get pregnant and then others have no CM and do (this actually happened to me, one time I conceived with NO visible CM despite checking 2-3 times a day, and did not even realize I'd ovulated!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again Atomic! I wish things had gone as we planned but I had a really strange cycle this month that felt like it almost wasn’t going to happen.

This is my third month on Femara and the first two months I had a big follicle ready to trigger on day 10. This month I had 4 follicles growing at the same rate and very slowly. So we were not sure if we were going to be able to try but finally by day 14 I had two follicles close to 22 mm and two smaller ones around 14 and 16. (The multiple follicles stress me out quite a bit but I’m trying to get used to it. ) I have always been open with my doctor about how we were trying for a girl to complete our family and that I was trying to time things a bit and was hoping to have one attempt. She had been fine with it but this time she suggested if we really want to get pregnant that we should try after the trigger and two times or more would be best.

My husband is really ready to move forward and get pregnant and I usually feel like I am too but of course now that it’s all said and done I am rethinking everything and why I didn’t just stick with one attempt after the trigger. I surged on my own in the morning around 10 am. Which also threw things off for us. We ended up having our first attempt that afternoon and decided to give ourselves the best chance to conceive we went for one more attempt that evening. The doctor also wanted me to trigger even though I surged on my own. So I triggered that afternoon.

I’m guessing the Femara was already completely out of my system by the time I ovulated on day 15 since it has such a short half life. So not sure that will sway for me at all. And I would also guess that the two attempts would put me in the blue zone as well. If I am fortunate enough to get pregnant would I be more likely swaying blue with those aspects? Also curious how often have you seen two follicles leading to twins? Would be so grateful for your honest feedback.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have had you add an attempt at this point anyway. Two attempts has not been much worse than 1 attempt - I think it's 67% as opposed to 68% right now and I have you guys start off with one attempt and go to two after a couple months on Femara because over time the Femara has a cumulative effect and makes it harder to conceive anyway.

You are not understanding how Femara works. It's not something that is "in your system" and then "out of your system". It has a monthslong effect on your hormone levels in a pink friendly direction and this extends even beyond the month you've taken it, let alone later in that same month.

Two follicles can be twins but many times it isn't. We have had people who had FOUR follicles and were told to TTC by their docs who either did not get pregnant or got pregnant with just one. So two follicles is not even remotely a guarantee of twins!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your response Atomic. I have been a mess over here concerned mostly about twins. I am trying my best to relax but the idea of twins is a bit overwhelming to me since we already have two children. Thank you also for making me feel better about the two attempts and for explaining how the Femara sways.

For a blue sway do you suggest three or more attempts? And in your experience how often do you see twins with Femara, trigger and times intercourse when there are more than one follicle?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I recommend 3 or more attempts for blue because in our results we had far more boys conceived with 3 attempts than with 1 or even 2. We had almost 60% boys conceived with 3 attempts even with otherwise good sways.

"Femara with trigger and timed intercourse with more than one follicle" is such a small and specific group that I could not ever track such a thing. We haven't had that many Femara twins, though, and like I've said, with more than one follicle we have actually had far more singletons than multiples!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good morning Atomic! I’m waiting to get my progesterone checked this morning and I have been a nervous wreck over having more than one follicle. I wanted to ask you how many follicles you would count as a possibility to have ovulated after taking the trigger shot. I had two 21.5 mm on my right side along with a 14mm and a 15.6 mm on my left side. I was thinking the two 22mm were the dominants but the more reading I’ve done it seem some people trigger with smaller sizes like the other two I had and still have multiples. I have had some pain on my left side and now I’m really concerned. Would you consider me having 4 follicles or less?

If we are not pregnant this time I don’t think I will try again with more than one dominant follicle because it stresses me out too much. I’m 37 so I think she felt the likelihood of all these follicles having good eggs was small. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Super nervous if my progesterone levels come back high this afternoon. And wondering what we will do moving forward if I’m not pregnant. Feeling very sad.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You had 2 follicles that ovulated. Anything is possible (if the docs measured wrong, for example) but it's also just as possible that the doctors in those people you read about who had multiples, missed some other follicles that were further along. (I have had one set of triplets in a woman who was told by her doctor there was only one egg!) The most likely case scenario by far is that the two big follicles went, and the others were way too far behind to catch up. And once the bigger eggs were ovulated, the hole they came out of, the corpus luteum, makes hormones that prevent more eggs from being released.

The left sided pain does not mean you ovulated from that side. After ovulation your body still has to reabsorb those additional follicles and that can cause pain. Ovulation can actually relieve pain (like popping a ripe zit, LOL) and so it's very common to have worse O pain on a side that did not ovulate.

It is a mistake to not try in months with 2 follicles. Many many times we release 2 eggs and most of the time we only conceive a singleton. You will miss out on months you need to be trying with that approach. Yes, if they saw 4-5 fully developed then it might make sense to wait (although we've had some people who had tried a long time who were told by their docs to try even with 4-5 follicles, who did not get pregnant at all, or had singletons) but not with two. Most of the time 2 ovulations does not mean 2 babies and you can't afford to start skipping months for no reason.

A high progesterone level does not tell you how many eggs you released.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic you always know just the right thing to say. I needed to hear that for sure. I wish I could give you a big hug. Thank you again for helping me to ease my nerves a bit. My progesterone came back at 22.6 so that means I have a chance this cycle. Thank you again. I really appreciate your words!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast