Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought of a few extra diet things it might be worth mentioning as I know I found it quite difficult to begin with sourcing all the things I would be able to eat on the LE PCOS diet. Once I had an idea of what I could eat within the limits I more or less repeated similar meals every week with some variation so I didn’t get too bored of my diet over the eight months.
    Breakfast: full fat Greek yoghurt with blueberries or strawberries and two slices of no added sugar wholemeal bread with non-dairy margarine (sunflower oil based) and peanut butter (no salt or sugar - pure peanut butter). I ate peanut butter every day as I went pretty much entirely vegetarian for the eight months so I figured it gave me some needed protein. If I was still hungry I would have a plain wholegrain rice cake or two with margarine.
    Lunch: several wholegrain rice cakes with almond or peanut butter, plus some vegetable soup or stew. Occasionally a bit of cheddar cheese for protein. Apple and pear for fibre and to keep me going till dinner time. Often a small handful of almonds if I was low on protein limits.
    Dinner: whole range of vegetarian meals most days. If I did have meat once or twice a week, it was always chicken. I gave up red meat entirely. After seeing my cycles lengthen and ovulation become unpredictable, I followed Atomic’s advice to add a portion of salmon once or twice a week and some eggs. This really helped. I baked the salmon in the oven and had it with wholegrain rice and vegetables. Because I was avoiding sugar as much as I could, sauces were limited so I would often use a little soy sauce or fresh lemon/lime or a spoonful of Greek yoghurt and spices to give some flavour. Often added pumpkin or sesame seeds if I was too low on protein for that day. I found pure dried fruit (made from dates mostly) snack bars also useful as a way to top up at the end of the day if I was low on protein or calories. They have no refined sugar. I also used to bake my own biscuits using apple purée and whole spelt flour with cinnamon. The dried fruit bars are higher in protein and calories than my standard rice cake and peanut butter snacks so I was careful to limit them.
    I did allow myself treats - the odd bit of chocolate or full fat dairy ice cream. I tried to stick to whole fat dairy as much as I could.
    Coffee: I drank instant decaf coffee several times a day and if I was out I would always have a (caffeinated) Americano without the milk or just a splash. Definitely gave me a good coffee top up!
    I’ve not had officially diagnosed PCOS but suspected I was more inclined that way due to irregular cycles and moderate hair growth on my chin. I knew the diet and exercise was changing something in me when I noticed the hair growth on my chin substantially slow down and reduce. Four months or so in I started to notice the chin hairs that were growing were no longer so stiff and black but softer and paler or even translucent.
    Hope this is helpful to anybody else thinking about all of this!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, congratulations! 💖 That must be the best Christmas gift. 😊 your sway was awesome.

4. Thanks BlueandBrownEyes thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueandBrownEyes View Post
    Well we had a scan and surprised and delighted to say it’s a girl! We’re all over the moon. Thank you so much Atomic for all your help - this site and everything you do is amazing. We will always be so grateful to you.
    I am over the moon for you!!! Hugest congrats!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks BlueandBrownEyes thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueandBrownEyes View Post
    I thought of a few extra diet things it might be worth mentioning as I know I found it quite difficult to begin with sourcing all the things I would be able to eat on the LE PCOS diet. Once I had an idea of what I could eat within the limits I more or less repeated similar meals every week with some variation so I didn’t get too bored of my diet over the eight months.
    Breakfast: full fat Greek yoghurt with blueberries or strawberries and two slices of no added sugar wholemeal bread with non-dairy margarine (sunflower oil based) and peanut butter (no salt or sugar - pure peanut butter). I ate peanut butter every day as I went pretty much entirely vegetarian for the eight months so I figured it gave me some needed protein. If I was still hungry I would have a plain wholegrain rice cake or two with margarine.
    Lunch: several wholegrain rice cakes with almond or peanut butter, plus some vegetable soup or stew. Occasionally a bit of cheddar cheese for protein. Apple and pear for fibre and to keep me going till dinner time. Often a small handful of almonds if I was low on protein limits.
    Dinner: whole range of vegetarian meals most days. If I did have meat once or twice a week, it was always chicken. I gave up red meat entirely. After seeing my cycles lengthen and ovulation become unpredictable, I followed Atomic’s advice to add a portion of salmon once or twice a week and some eggs. This really helped. I baked the salmon in the oven and had it with wholegrain rice and vegetables. Because I was avoiding sugar as much as I could, sauces were limited so I would often use a little soy sauce or fresh lemon/lime or a spoonful of Greek yoghurt and spices to give some flavour. Often added pumpkin or sesame seeds if I was too low on protein for that day. I found pure dried fruit (made from dates mostly) snack bars also useful as a way to top up at the end of the day if I was low on protein or calories. They have no refined sugar. I also used to bake my own biscuits using apple purée and whole spelt flour with cinnamon. The dried fruit bars are higher in protein and calories than my standard rice cake and peanut butter snacks so I was careful to limit them.
    I did allow myself treats - the odd bit of chocolate or full fat dairy ice cream. I tried to stick to whole fat dairy as much as I could.
    Coffee: I drank instant decaf coffee several times a day and if I was out I would always have a (caffeinated) Americano without the milk or just a splash. Definitely gave me a good coffee top up!
    I’ve not had officially diagnosed PCOS but suspected I was more inclined that way due to irregular cycles and moderate hair growth on my chin. I knew the diet and exercise was changing something in me when I noticed the hair growth on my chin substantially slow down and reduce. Four months or so in I started to notice the chin hairs that were growing were no longer so stiff and black but softer and paler or even translucent.
    Hope this is helpful to anybody else thinking about all of this!
    beautifully done!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your baby girl

9. Thanks BlueandBrownEyes thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aw, congrats! A wonderful Christmas gift!!!
    and pregnant with

“Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”
    Winston Churchill.
    - Alright, Winnie, you got yourself a deal!

Thank you, GenderDreaming, for helping my dream come true

11. Thanks BlueandBrownEyes thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12