Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone eat lots of sugar with their girl sway and still get pink?

Hey everyone,
    Stressing a little on how much sugar and chocolate I ate on my sway diet and wanted to know if other people still ate lots of junk and got their girls? I never snacked and was always in limits (higher end of fat around 60g) but I did eat some sort of lolly or usually milk chocolate at each meal! I feel like I really ruined my chances and I'm super down in myself. I just craved sugar so bad on my diet it was the only thing that got me by after 6 months. I would eat Skittles or marshmallows or like a chocolate egg or 15 m&ms -about 20grams at almost every meal! Has anyone else not limited their sugar (or eaten lots) and got girls? I was mainly on PCOS diet, 50-60protein and fat and wholegrain. I ate 1750cals a day. I have endo not PCOS that I know of but I know with that diet Ur not ment to have sugar! Could this have been a bad mix? I never ate chicken, fish, meat or eggs and my only sat fat came from cheese(which I had daily) with a bit of butter on my toast. Under 100ml of full milk a day and yogert a couple of times a week. I think all my sat fat was from chocolate!.. would love to know if anyone has a similar story! Won't find out the gender for another 7ish weeks.. praying it's a girl after having 3 boys but I'm not super hopeful anymore and I already feel like it's a boy!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I eat a TON of chocolate and sugary foods and had a girl. I’m struggling with it again this time (swaying girl again) but really trying not to stress! Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank U
    it's good to know I'm not the only one and that I might not have thrown it all out the window! What was Ur last sway like when U had Ur daughter?
    Hope it goes well for U this time too😊

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to butt in here and point out that people on the alternate diet SHOULD NOT have sugar, and people on the standard diet can have sugar within the limits of the diet, and there are many people who are kind of in between who can tolerate some sugar and not a lot (and I include Tei, the original poster, in this group). So if you are in the first group - on the alternate diet and should not be having sugar at all (those with moderate to severe PCOS, insulin resistance, over 40 and even above 38 for many people, more than 30-50 lbs to spare, or who have had an opposite in the past on standard LE Diet for example) you can really undermine your sway by eating sugar. Please do not read this thread and then decide to eat sugar if I have told you NOT to eat sugar!

A thread in which people chime in is not going to be very helpful if you were the person who shouldn't be eating sugar and they are the people who tolerate it ok, if that makes sense. So I really really do not want anyone reading this to then think "well, atomic says no sugar, but then I read this thread and some people ate sugar and still got girls, so I'm going to do that" because if you need to be on the alternate diet, you will be completely wrecking your sway eating that way.

Now as for you personally, Tei, you were on the alternate diet much more as a "just in case" preventative since it has been better for those with endometriosis and you had a history of fertility challenges, so I wanted to protect your egg quality as much as I could. Not because you had trouble regulating your blood sugar per se as I saw no evidence that was the case, but because high carb diets are bad for endometriosis and you'd taken a while to conceive in the past. I would have preferred you not eat as much sugar, but it's done now, and you DID indeed get pregnant (meaning your endo stayed in control and your egg quality is most likely ok) so it is really a rather different situation than someone who had severe PCOS eating sugar.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty View Post
    I eat a TON of chocolate and sugary foods and had a girl. I’m struggling with it again this time (swaying girl again) but really trying not to stress! Congrats on your pregnancy!!
    I did eat a fair bit of sugar when I got my girl as well. Some people can, some can't tolerate it. It's one of those things it would be so much easier if I could just give a blanket reply but it really does vary by the person. Those of us who have our blood sugar go up and stay high for a long time (PCOS, IR, over 40, a fair amount of weight to spare) need to avoid sugar even if other people are eating it.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    absolutely! I take atomic’s word as gospel personally!! I just wanted to mention my experience as you’re already pregnant and I had hoped to provide a little bit of hope! I’m sorry if I misled or misspoke! Thank you and good luck!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry and I completely agree! I would never want someone to base their sugar intake for there sway on what worked for others when it all varies so personally. Atomic U do know what has worked best for most and I can only say I hope people do listen souly to Ur advise! I didn't even read any sway tactics or statistics or others plans until after I got my bfp (6months of having atomic as my coach) and only went on what she had set out in my personal plan and speaking with her privately. I know she did tell me to cut back on sugar as I was having too much. I guess that's why I'm quite down in myself and wanted to hear others that may have eaten lots and still got a girl. But of course I should have known sugar is absorbed differently for everyone and some process it well while others do not!
    U said Atomic that U didnt have any reason to believe I was badly effected by sugar? What would I have seen symptoms wise if sugar was not great for me or kept my blood levels high? I seemed to be light headed and dizzy when standing up to quickly and was super drained all the time so felt my blood sugar may have been dropping back quite low within a reasonable time frame.. I am really upset with everything else I did to change and put effort into this sway that after Atomic telling me to cut back on sugar that I didnt 😭 oh well at least I will know what could have been a major contribution of having conceived another boy!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty View Post
    absolutely! I take atomic’s word as gospel personally!! I just wanted to mention my experience as you’re already pregnant and I had hoped to provide a little bit of hope! I’m sorry if I misled or misspoke! Thank you and good luck!
    Oh gosh no not at all - it's just that historically this kind of thread sometimes causes me trouble later on when people read and misunderstand, so I have to chime in with my disclaimer, not trying to stop you guys from sharing your experiences, just want everyone to understand the whole ball o wax even people who may only read a few threads. I always appreciate you guys sharing all your experiences with me and with one another.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    Sorry and I completely agree! I would never want someone to base their sugar intake for there sway on what worked for others when it all varies so personally. Atomic U do know what has worked best for most and I can only say I hope people do listen souly to Ur advise! I didn't even read any sway tactics or statistics or others plans until after I got my bfp (6months of having atomic as my coach) and only went on what she had set out in my personal plan and speaking with her privately. I know she did tell me to cut back on sugar as I was having too much. I guess that's why I'm quite down in myself and wanted to hear others that may have eaten lots and still got a girl. But of course I should have known sugar is absorbed differently for everyone and some process it well while others do not!
    U said Atomic that U didnt have any reason to believe I was badly effected by sugar? What would I have seen symptoms wise if sugar was not great for me or kept my blood levels high? I seemed to be light headed and dizzy when standing up to quickly and was super drained all the time so felt my blood sugar may have been dropping back quite low within a reasonable time frame.. I am really upset with everything else I did to change and put effort into this sway that after Atomic telling me to cut back on sugar that I didnt �� oh well at least I will know what could have been a major contribution of having conceived another boy!
    No need to apologize at all, I just have in the past had people read this type of thread and then get confused so I learned to proactively chime in whenever a thread comes up that could possibly be misinterpreted by someone who had read only a few threads, if that makes sense. I am always cool with you guys sharing all your experiences it's just that to save myself future headaches I like to keep those disclaimers in the threads when they come up.

Yes if anything you seemed like you had cut back TOO far (remember all that??) and in that case a little sugar is just fine. Like I was saying it's a different ball game for someone who knows going in that they have higher blood sugar and trouble with too many carbs, but in your case it was more of a "just in case" thing to be sure you didn't aggravate the endo or harm your egg quality. Please don't be upset with yourself, for all we know it was what was necessary to help you get a baby girl!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic for clearing that up for me! I hope it will have been ok in my case, be amazing if it was what I needed! I never thought I had cut back too far with my diet as I held a steady weight for a while after loosing all I could but maybe Ur right and it was my body starving and craving those naughty things just to get by. Funny enough now I'm still craving everything sweet and when I'm feeling sick I don't even want to eat hot chips! I just want sugar and usually I love hot chips! I know cravings don't give U any clue on gender but the 3 boys I loved any savoury foods and wasn't into anything sweet. Maybe it's still my body catching up from the sway but I've already gained 2kg! I suppose alot of ladies must gain a bit straight after their sways.
    I was trying to find info and couldn't find much on the best time to get an NIPT and I guess the earliest, is 10weeks safest and minimum to get a sure result? Last time I was 13weeks and had a 11% fetal fraction, is that a standard amount? does it vary with each pregnancy and do U know how long it takes to get to a readable amount?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast