Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet help please

I’m getting really stressed out (can’t sleep or stop obsessively thinking about) our sway and it’s mainly the diet elements that are keeping me awake at night. I’ve always had what I consider a healthy diet but it is completely not hitting the mark for swaying pink at my protein is typically way over 100grams and I’m struggling to get the sodium down below 1000mg as it’s in EVERYTHING. I don’t really know what to eat and am finding myself eating far too often as when trying to avoid protein I’m not feeing full so just eating more and more carbs so feel like I’ll do the opposite to the guidance and put on weight before our attempt. I’m also slightly lactose intolerant but read we need to increase calcium so have been overdosing on yogurt and getting a sore tummy. We are both taking calcium and magnesium and cranberry tablets, I’m taking folic acid and DH is taking OLE. I’ve cut out red meat and trying to get DH to reduce his intake massively but he is a typical man and doesn’t feel like he’s had a meal without some form of animal protein mainly meat. Is it really bad if I can’t get my protein intake down? I’ve just eaten this way for so long I don’t know how to function without it!

I’ve read atomic’s really good (and long!) post debunking timing which has taken a massive weight off my shoulder as that’s one less thing to obsess over (I just can’t pinpoint O and it seems to change each month). Other things that had been on my list to do were:
    hot spa bath before DTD,
    drinking lots of aspartamine filled drinks,
    doing a lime douche (not quite sure how this is done!),
    one time only and abstaining for 7 days before that one time.

Are these also debunked theories? And is there anything else I should do instead?

Many thanks in advance x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The sodium has been pretty thoroughly debunked at this point. The old theories were based on nonsense, they're biologically impossble, contain seriously cherry picked data, and most importantly, our results have proven that it can't possibly work. Most of us are not doing the sodium restriction and our results are higher than ever. I have a full explanation of why minerals can't be swaying in this thread: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-edition.html

Yes, I'm afraid we need to get that protein down. Please tell me more about your diet. Are you counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg? If you are, stop. Those are free for protein and fat. And low carb veg are free and unlimited, you count nothing in them.

Increasing dairy DOES NOT WORK. Most of us on here have opposites via that method. If you must do the mineral balancing stuff, please get calcium and magnesium through supplements (600 mg calcium, 300 mg magnesium max) and not by increasing dairy. Eating more dairy simply increases the amount of protein and fat you are eating, plus a host of other nutrients that may sway blue.

Don't worry if your husband won't sway. Most husbands won't and our results are better than ever.

Your husband cannot take both cranberry and OLE. It is either/or. I don't recommend cranberry for any woman to take. If you MUST take something for pH, aspirin or Vit. C are both much safer than cranberry (even though aspirin is not acceptably safe)

We have not found pH stuff works and generally if you want to use it I recommend the jellies instead of douching. I do have a douching how to in the Dream Members section (not sure if you can access this link witout a Dream Memberhip) https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-ttc-pink.html

I have missed a few questions but I'm out of time for today, can you bump this for me>
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for coming back to me. Okay so I will reduce dairy and just stick with the calcium supplements.

My DH has been taking both cranberry and OLE for over a week now (I somehow missed your response till now ), is that going to cause any issue? Which is better to sway pink?

I find the days I skip breakfast I am ravenous by lunchtime and can’t stop eating so end up on higher calories than the days I have breakfast - would I be best dropping the fast? And with LE is it okay to have oats and dark cocoa for days with breakfast?

I had read that drinking cranberry juice was good for a girl sway - is there any reason you don’t recommend it?

I have been tracking my macros on my fitness pal so protein from fruit and veg would be included. My typical diet would be porridge (with protein powder before this swaying attempt) or eggs for breakfast, a veggie omelette or salad for lunch, veggies with wholemeal pasta and a little cheese and maybe chicken for dinner and frozen berries with yogurt and cocoa for desert.. can I make any improvements? I could have egg white omelettes for 2 meals a day if that would be better?

And for exercise I’m just getting a minimum of 10,000 steps a day and have a sauna as often as possible (I know it’s not exercise but it makes me sweat heaps!!).

Thanks again atomic, I really appreciate this amazing resource you’ve created.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a week is fine, please have him drop one now. most people are thinking OLE is better than cranberry, but to be honest I don't think either one of them works LOL.

Can you simply push breakfast back an hour or two?? Not skip, but just go 12-16 hours overnight between dinner and breakfast? That is fine!

Most of us avoid oats and dark chocolate because they have chemistry in them that are very beneficial to the body and may raise testosterone levels and improve health.

Yes, the reason I do not recommend cranberry is because it does nothing and adds nutrients that will undermine your sway. Even cranberry supplements do not work (if they worked I'd have you take them, of course) and cranberry juice is much, much less concentrated. Cranberry juice simply has nothing in it that can act medicinally to sway pink because it's mostly water. There is no way that cranberry juice can possibly sway since cranberry supplements do nothing. So all you're doing is adding in extra nutrients for no reason whatsoever. Plus, those are empty calories (sugary, no less) that you may need to "spend" on other things that are more beneficial.

You need to adjust your macros then to allow for the amount of protein and fat in the fruit and veg. Even if you need to write it down on a piece of paper instead, you need to know cals, protein, and fat accurately (not counting the fruit and veg)

I can't comment on your meals without knowing totals - can you give me those?

Doing 10,000 steps all at once or over the course of the day?

Be careful, very very careful with the sauna if you are manipulating your electrolyte levels (I'm assuming you are since you are doing the calcium stuff.) If you're low in sodium and potassium and then doing a lot of saunas, you can literally die from that so I would strongly advice not doing the sauna. (and i'm really glad you asked!)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. I will switch the oats for weetbix (which have no added nutrients), cinnamon and almond milk and reduce or cut out the cocoa.

Is it okay to have beans like black beans, chickpeas and lentils? I have that (in a tomato sauce) with a wholemeal pita with me for lunch at work today.

Okay I’ll stop the cranberry for us both (I actually had my DH taking that 6 years ago when we were trying for DS2 in the hope it might sway but didn’t know any of the other things I’ve since learned and it did nothing then!) and just keep going with the OLE for him as I’ve bought it already.

It’s quite hard keeping the sodium low so I’ll happily increase that if I can keep doing the saunas. I read somewhere that saunas, salt lamps, rose quartz, ionic sanitary pads etc help sway girls because of negative ions, likely total rubbish but I have them all already (and didn’t when I conceived DS1 &2) and don’t think they’ll harm my sway?

I’m really confused on when to do our one attempt after reading posts on the forum about EWCM and positive OPK not necessarily indicating ovulation. I have lots of EWCM from before I get a positive OPK for days after (like maybe 6 or 7 days all up), lighter to begin with then quite globby (sorry TMI ). Is there any way of working out when to BD? It’s tricky to know when O-1 or O-2 or O+12 is if you don’t know when O is! This really does seem to be a bit of a science so I take my hat off to you!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also forgot to say above - the 10,000 steps is normally made up of a walk of 6000-8000 plus just moving around. I take the stairs as much as possible and am also do a few hot yoga classes each week

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you adding extra cinnamon for your sway? Or are they just cinnamon weetabix

Yes it's fine within limits to have black beans, chickpeas, lentils. Sounds like a great lunch choice!

dropping the cranberry - I've seen SOOOO many opposites on that it just cannot be doing anything, and that's what our numbers reflect.

normalizing on sodium. The notion that "ions" do anything for swaying is utter nonsense and I have a massively long explanation for why they cannot possibly work here (truly, this is a monster, but that's how much space it took to debunk) https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-insanity.html If you are sure you're getting enough sodium and potassium it's fine within reasonable parameters, I just don't want you to cause yourself harm for something that probably does nothing to sway anyway. A lot of the ion products are radioactive (including some of the menstrual pads) and they don't work at all. I know a woman who swayed for two years doing ion stuff including the pads and even went into business selling them, and still got a boy. Please check the origin of your menstrual pads to be sure they are not radioactive.

There IS no way for people to tell O-1 and O-2 and O+12 (except for having ultrasounds or blood work at the doc). Everyone online who swears to you that they got pregnant with a particular timing is incorrect, because they have no way to know that they did, and YOU have no way to know if they're even being honest about what they did. I have the full case against timing and swaying here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html and the case against O+12, which is my very least favorite sway tactic ever, here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/try...9-no-12-a.html

Many of us, myself included (both boy and girl moms) have EWCM for many days or even over a week. That is totally normal.

But the good news is, timing doesn't work anyway. The only thing that works is one attempt. So what we do is have you guys do the OPK tests, and then have one attempt the day of the first positive OPK. That will generally be a small cutoff, but not too far in advance, so you have a good chance of conception with one attempt that way. We aren't doing that becuase there's any magic to the timing, we do that simply because it's an easy metric by which to judge when to have an attempt that has a fair chance of ending in conception.

So that is my recommendation for people. But that is easy for me because I have 4 of 5 timing opposites and I have done so much researech I know for a fact timing doesn't work. Some people have a harder time giving up timing and for them, I have a couple easy ways to do timing methods.

If you MUST do Shettles cutoff, get a Clearblue or other fertility monitor that gives you "high" and "peak" readings. Have one attempt the day of the second "high" but be aware it is possible to have many days of high before going to peak, and also possible to go stright to peak without any highs.

If you MUST do O+12 then have one attempt 48 hour after your first positive OPK. Be prepared to have a lot of BFN doing this because it's not going to give you a great chance, and keep in mind that it's entirely possible to end up BD right on O this way (but it's possible to end up BD right on O with the O+12 method anyway since all the supposed things that allegedly tell us when O+12 is are made up untrue nonsense based on misreadings of natural family planning guidelines)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pinkdust* View Post
    Also forgot to say above - the 10,000 steps is normally made up of a walk of 6000-8000 plus just moving around. I take the stairs as much as possible and am also do a few hot yoga classes each week

ok great as long as it's got at least one round of 60 min. of exercise (which 6000-8000 steps typically would)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be inclined to skip the yoga as it's musclebuilding

11. Thanks *Pinkdust* thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would that need to be one round of 60 mins every day? I’m not sure I can fit that in but will try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast