TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
    Gender Result:
    Boy
    DW Age:
    DH Age:
    Current Children's Gender(s)
    boy 7.5yo, boy 4yo
    Number of Months TTC
    Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    No
    DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes
    If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    • LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
    I completely changed my diet. I used to snack constantly throughout the day. I totally eliminated snacking. I still ate dairy regularly, but I stopped drinking a glass of milk with each meal like I used to. I ate more salads, fruits, and vegetables than I have in my whole life.
    If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    I had been on the diet for 16.5 weeks when I got my bfp.
    Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    Yes
    Did DH change his diet with you?
    No
    Comments regarding DH's diet-
    He changed nothing at all. He's a big red meat eater, though he doesn't eat it all that often -- I hate red meat so I don't cook it. He actually has a pretty terrible diet and eats no fruits & vegetables. He also drinks Diet Pepsi 24/7.
    DId you consume alcohol?
    • Often- daily

DId you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I drink caffeine regularly
    Any Diet Details?
    While I did skip breakfast, I still had three meals a day. I could not have done it on two. I DID stick with the fasting though, which I think was more important. I fasted for a minimum of 12hrs. My average during the week was 13-14hrs, and on the weekends when I could sleep in a little bit, I averaged 15-16hrs fasting. My third "meal" was before bed, usually between 10-11pm, as I couldn't go to bed hungry. My next "meal" would be around 1-130pm, which is how I still skipped breakfast.

I had 2-3 cups of coffee per day. I make my own cold brew at home. I used gourmet (sugar free) flavored grounds and would add a splash of whole milk, just enough to lighten it, and splenda. I would drink the 2-3 cups throughout the morning which greatly helped me hold through the fasting period until it was time for my first meal.

I did drink 1-2 servings of alcohol daily. I used to have them with my third meal before bed, but I found that the alcohol that late would mess with my temps in the morning, so I switched to drinking it with the second meal. I had either a hard seltzer (White Claw, Willie's Superbrew, or Smirnoff Seltzers) or 1-2 glasses of moscato.
    Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    I started out on the higher end of the LE Diet Macros -- I was doing between 1750-1800cals daily and 55-60g fat. (I hit the 40-50g protein range no problem throughout the whole sway, this never changed). As the weeks went by, I got used to eating less, and got fuller quicker on less food. I naturally cut back on cals and fat as time went by. For the last 1-2 months, I was down to 1600-1650cals and 45-55g fat.

For the last month I had one full fat yogurt a day, just to get some more calories and fat, as I was struggling to get enough because I got full so quickly. I had dairy daily in the form of cheese, yogurt, ice cream. I don't eat red meat or pork ever (don't like the taste), only chicken and turkey, but I didn't have any meat during my sway (other than one or two cheat meals that had chicken). I did do seafood and had shrimp quite a few times. I ate a ton of meat replacers -- Quorn brand "chicken" in my salads, and quite a few of the Sweet Earth brand vegetarian frozen meals for lunch at work. I tried to stick to soy only 2-3 times a week.

I made good use of fruit and the low carb veg. I would load my salads with the low carb veg and they really did fill me up. I had tons of fruit to be able to get more calories in. In the beginning I sometimes had 2-3 servings of fruit with my meals to help fill me up without going over on fat!

I did have one cheat meal per week. I didn't starve myself before either, I just ate normal LE Diet meals for the rest of the day.
    WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    When I started my sway, I was 132lbs, BMI 22.7. I lost 16lbs while swaying, down to 116lbs, BMI 19.9
    Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    I had already been doing Zumba classes 1-2 times a week since last year. I continued doing those classes throughout my whole sway. The rest of the week, I did some form of walking/jogging/running. The first month I exercised 5-6 times a week, and by the second month, I was up to 6-7 days of exercise a week. Towards the end of my sway it was rare that I took a day off -- I usually hit 7 days a week.

In the beginning I could only do fast walking for an hour. By the second month, I was able to add in a couple jogging intervals. After a couple weeks of that, the jogging intervals progressed to running intervals. The last month I was actually doing 70-80mins per day of walking/running intervals. I actually came to love it, I would just put on my playlist and go. *
    THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    Didn't check
    Any VG potions used?
    • NO

CM pH at attempt
    Didn't check
    DH pH
    Didn't check
    How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    One
    BD Dates according to Ovulation
    • 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
    -
    THE DEED INFO
    DH Info about Swimmers
    • BD every few days

BD Position
    Missionary
    Did you Jump and Dump?
    • No

Any relevant attempt details?
    We did BD every few days in the week leading up to O, but he released outside. We only had one unprotected attempt the day before O, the same day I got my first +OPK.

I went back and forth on J&D but kind of did a modified one? I laid on my back for five minutes, and then my belly for five minutes, than got up and wiped and went to bed. I have a retroverted uterus and my cervix is kind of aimed more to the side, so I wanted to make sure the sperm still had a chance to get up there with only the one attempt. With both my boys I laid down with my hips up for a long time after, so this was still different.
    SUPPLEMENTS USED
    DW Supplements
    • folic acid
    • Fiber
    • Antihistamine

DH Supplements
    -
    Any additional supplement info?
    The antihistamine was not for swaying purposes, I have to take it daily for medical reasons (year round allergies).

I took one fiber pill 30mins before each meal containing fat.

I took 400mcg folic acid 3-4 times a day.

DH did not take anything
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    No
    Moon Phase during conception?
    Waning Gibbous
    Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    No
    Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    I lost 16lbs, I accidentally ended up overexercising, and we only had one attempt. I feel like those are the three most important sway tactics, and then the coffee, fiber, and alcohol were all just a bonus.

I'm not superstitious and don't believe in magic, BUT I realized that I started my girl sway on May 2nd, 2020, and my due date is now May 2nd, 2021. I thought that was pretty cool
    Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    That we conceived on the first try. Both of my boys were conceived on the first try also. I know it's silly but I keep thinking, "am I too fertile to have a girl?" If the point of swaying pink is to gently lower your fertility while still being able to get pregnant... I dunno, sometimes I feel like I failed the "lowering fertility" aspect. I read so many posts about the diet delaying people's O days, but I kept up with my regular CD13 O day most months, AND then I still got pregnant on the first try. Sometimes I wonder if I "didn't sway hard enough."
    Things worth mentioning:
    I got my Mirena IUD out on April 30th, 2020. I had had it in since December 2017. I did chart my cycles with Fertility Friend (I've charted on and off since 2011 so it was not new for me). My first two cycles post IUD by O day was delayed slightly to CD 16 & 17. After that I went right back to O on CD13 as I have for years and years.

Swaying did significantly lighten my period! It used to be very heavy bleeding for 7-9 days. My last two cycles were no more than 5 days and so much lighter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hotlikemexico; October 20th, 2020 at 01:41 AM.

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations, what a great sway. Hope you get your girl in May.

3. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingers View Post
    Congratulations, what a great sway. Hope you get your girl in May.
    Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ovulation Chart

- -
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats and pink dust headed your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Huge congrats and pink dust headed your way!
    Thank you so much and thanks again for all your help! I’m so glad I found this site

My Ovulation Chart

- -
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

Link to my sway:

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations again! Looks like you worked really hard on your sway! I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

10. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hakrueg View Post
    Congratulations again! Looks like you worked really hard on your sway! I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

Thanks so much! Me too! I’m so glad there are a few of us right around the same timeline, will be so fun to have buddies along the way

My Ovulation Chart

- -
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

Link to my sway:

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw this! Congratulations hot like Mexico!! I am so happy for you!!

13. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl1 View Post
    I just saw this! Congratulations hot like Mexico!! I am so happy for you!!

Awh thank you so much! I still can’t believe it honestly! I hope you’re doing well and hope you can join the due date group soon too!!

My Ovulation Chart

- -
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

Link to my sway:

15. Likes babygirl1 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlikemexico View Post
    Awh thank you so much! I still can’t believe it honestly! I hope you’re doing well and hope you can join the due date group soon too!!

I can’t imagine the shock you must be in! That’s amazing!

Thank you so much I am doing well and I actually just finished my last clomid pill tonight! So I will be due to ovulate in 5-10 days and we will be having our first one attempt soon! I’m on week 13 of the PCOS le diet now and I have lost a lot of weight. I’ve lost 27 pounds total on this diet. I’m 128 lbs now and 5’8 and my BMI is 19.46 and I was actually just reading your thread on how to hold steady with weight. So I’m at that point now and just trying to hold at 128 lbs and not drop any lower. I may have to eat some pizza or whatever just to keep it there while still exercising. I’m doing 4-5 days of exercising now but would like to keep at least 5 days. Really just trying to maintain exercising too. What did you eat to keep weight on? Did you go up to 65g fat and protein and have more calories?

17. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast