Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BFP! A complete list of where I think I went RIGHT and WRONG. How much should I manage expectations?

Hi, everyone! I just got my BFP and am due toward the end of June! I wanted to post my sway, which unfortunately did not use all the elements I wanted to use. For months, I'd been exercising for 1 hour (mostly walking), eating LE, taking fiber supplements, using inositol, drinking black coffee, and using one attempt. Since we weren't getting pregnant, I figured I'd peel back a few of these. I also feel like I kind of "gave up" a bit and threw lots of efforts out the window. Also, I know that some of these things are not recommended on this site (like the BMI getting so low and the progesterone cream), so please don't try these things without doing research! In the end, our sway looked like this:

E4D, but only twice. Got a +OPK on a Friday and we had BDed the day before (Thursday) and before that, Sunday. That was it.
    I didn't snack between meals. I also kept meals generally small and I know calories were pretty low....
    ...however, I know I ended up eating more fat and nutrient dense foods than I should have at times. We had a few birthday outings in the weeks leading up to ov., and there was a burger night, a pizza night, and even a seafood buffet. However when I knew those dinners were coming up, I ate very lightly for breakfast and lunch.
    This month, I never managed to skip breakfast like I had been doing in the months beforehand - I had earlier shifts at work than normal and couldn't stand being there on an empty stomach
    I did drink a TON of black coffee around this time
    My BMI was on the cusp of being underweight, about an 18.4. I had been actively losing weight with all the walking and stricter LE before (practiced for about 16 weeks), but at the point we'd conceived, I'd been "hanging on" at this weight for a while. I also think that maybe my thyroid meds were a little high around the time and I'm currently working on getting these balanced.
    That reminds me, I have Hashimoto's, which does seem to sway blue. Some think it's because of low progesterone, and I have had "lowish" progesterone on blood tests before, so...
    ...I opted to take the cream during 3DPO-AF in the months beforehand, which I know isn't necessarily recommended here. I was taking it 3DPO this past cycle and will continue taking it and then weaning down until 12 weeks.
    After a difficult bout of covid in the spring, my thryoid was all thrown off and my doctor recommended a high dose of Vitamin D as well as a B multivitamin, both of which I'd been taking for a couple of months
    DH is 37, however...
    ...I'm not sure that his age really matters because he got a sperm test and the results were quite good
    I have quite a competitive personality (I hate it haha) and toxic family members had been giving me a hard time
    But I think I mostly stayed calm, work wasn't stressful (just busy - which meant I didn't sleep much, which I think can sway girl but also can be very dangerous - this lack of sleep part was on accident), and I got good customer feedback that week, meaning I was nice and smiley and not mean/stressed, ha!
    I slept with a fan blowing on me (this was mostly because I was warm, but there's something something about ions LOL - which I know are not the best sway method!)
    I'd been testing my PH and it was always about a 4.0, naturally - I never used lubes/gels (I think this site doesn't support PH methods anyway though?)

Things that I'm not sure about whether they swayed one way or the other:

I walked for about 45 minutes a day, but, to and from the bus stop (so, not all at once)
    I took inositol in the 2WW - not sure if it's too late for that to have mattered. The reason I hadn't taken it from AF-O was just that I ran out and didn't want to spend the money on a new bottle right away
    I had a small infection around the time we conceived - just a stuffy nose/sore throat kind of thing and maybe a very slight fever
    I did a J&D and washed off in the shower with warm/hot soapy water but after tilting my hips and rocking for ten minutes - not sure if the hip thing hurt my cause

Anyway, this is getting long, but I'm sooooo impatient and want to know what you ladies think! Do you think this sounds too boyish (especially with the now deeply regretted seafood buffet and the D/B vitamins!)? Any chance at a girl? Looks like I can get my anatomy scan in February, but I might pay the big bucks to get NIPT because I'm so nervous! Thanks everyone!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats!!! You always have a chance of a girl and you did a lot of pink friendly things!! I generally don't go over sways that are done deals just because I think people read too much into what I say, so I'll just say congratulations and leave it at that!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! Im wishing you all the luck for your little girl It looks like you did lots of things right!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, treens! <3

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post