TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
    Gender Result:
    GIRL
    DW Age:
    DH Age:
    Current Children's Gender(s)
    DS1 and DS2
    Number of Months TTC
    Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    Yes
    DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes
    If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    • LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
    I did the LE diet for 19 weeks. I can't eat dairy, so was dairy free, gluten free and LE, with minimal / no meat or fish. I didn't really eat much fruit at all during that 19 weeks and very minimal sugar.
    If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    19 weeks
    Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    Yes
    Did DH change his diet with you?
    No
    Comments regarding DH's diet-
    DH didn't change anything on purpose but he ate a LOT less meat than usual because he'd developed a mammalian meat allergy and I was cooking dinner without meat (and using soy as a replacement). So he ate less meat, more soy and was also taking finasteride for a few months (but stopped it a month or two before we TTC).
    DId you consume alcohol?
    • A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I did not factor that into my sway
    Any Diet Details?
    I can't think full strength coffee as it sets off my Crohn's Disease, so I would have one decaf coffee every morning with oat milk to tide me over before my first meal after midday.

I never ate before midday, would sometimes eat my first meal at 1pm.

I ate minimal meat the first 6 weeks on diet and then no meat at all from weeks 6-19 (apart from a meal or two of meat when I was pregnant before my miscarriage). I can't eat dairy so was dairy and meat free. I used to eat eggs constantly but cut that right back, didn't eat any eggs at all the first 10 weeks, then eggs once a week as my BMI got so low.

I rarely met my fat or protein goals (wasn't intentional but that was just how it worked out).
    Lunch was regularly brown rice, dinner was the family meal, so whatever we had for dinner that night (vegetarian risotto, pad thai or broccoli tofu stir fry).

I would always eat my first meal at 12 or 1pm. My decaf coffee helped me to skip breakfast. I exercised at 4 and ate dinner at 5 or 6. Half the time I'd have 2 BIG meals, the other half I'd have two smaller followed by a 'snack' or third meal. I always had 1500 cal or less.

I drank one alcoholic drink a day from AF-0 when TTC and the rest of the 19 weeks I had a drink or two with dinner ('m not normally a drinker so that was a change for me).
    Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    -
    WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    55.9kg (BMI 17.3)
    Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    I was consistently losing weight in the 6 months leading up to falling pregnant. I am very thin so didn't have much room to move on weight and was worried about affecting O.

I went from 60.6kg in October 2021 to 55.9kg at time of attempt, so lost 4.7kg over 6 months which is a LOT on my frame as I'm 6 foot tall.
    THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    -
    Any VG potions used?
    • NO

CM pH at attempt
    -
    DH pH
    -
    How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    1, we did E4D
    BD Dates according to Ovulation
    • 4 Days Before O
    • 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
    I had a miscarriage two weeks before our attempt.

I had 5 days of flashing smiley on the OPK before I got my peak reading and my ovulation was delayed. The day after my peak reading I got severe ovulation cramping at 2am. It woke me up and I could barely walk. We then BD at 4.30am that morning.
    THE DEED INFO
    DH Info about Swimmers
    • Other

BD Position
    Doggy style
    Did you Jump and Dump?
    • Yes

Any relevant attempt details?
    I jumped and dumped after 8 minutes (laid down for 20 min with both of my older children).
    SUPPLEMENTS USED
    DW Supplements
    • folic acid

DH Supplements
    -
    Any additional supplement info?
    DH had been taking finasteride for a 3-6 months earlier on. He stopped it 1-2 months before our attempt. He also enjoys a bit of marijuana now and then and had a smoke 6 hours or so before our attempt
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    We live in a rainforest, I had some indoor plants in my room at night. Used lavender soap for my shower every night and kept my phone in a different room overnight.
    Moon Phase during conception?
    Waxing Gibbous
    Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    Pink ribbon under the bed.
    Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    I had been on the diet a lot longer this time (19 weeks) compared with my previous sway (11 weeks). I also lost a lot more weight (4.7kg vs 1.7kg).
    My BMI is the lowest it's been in my adult life (BMI 17.3). I feel very thin and don't think I could have lost any more weight!
    I felt more 'in decline' than I did with my previous sway, which I feel is due to longer on the diet longer. Had a boil on my skin and some mouth ulcers.
    We had a miscarriage two weeks before we conceived this pregnancy, which I've heard sways pink.
    I had ZERO sex drive the month we fell pregnant, and that is very unusual for me. I've read that low libido can be pink friendly too. It was bizarre how zero mojo I had, usually I have to stop myself from O for sway purposes, but this month I had absolutely zero sex drive. Less CM than usual too.
    Intense ovulation pain came from my left side so I would guess I ovulated on the left which I've heard is pink friendly.
    DH had been taking finasteride, but a small dose, not sure if it makes any difference. He'd cut back a lot on meat and was eating much more soy than usual.
    I rarely got to my protein or fat goals and only ate vegetables at dinner so was low nutrient for sure.
    I had Covid a few weeks before our sway too so was tired and run down, and I'm up almost every night with DS2 so never really got a proper night's sleep.
    I was laid back that month, I wasn't even sure if we would attempt TTC that month after the loss, so I wasn't obsessing over anything, just focussed on keeping busy with work and life with my family.

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    The day of ovulation I fasted for 18 hours and then had 2 meals at 2pm and 6pm and a snack at 9pm rather than my usual 2 meals. I was just starving by 9pm and was 600 cal under my calorie totals for the day (had only eaten 850 cals total that day), so had a 150 cal snack, much later in the day than normal. In retrospect I wish I'd skipped that snack and worry that my glucose levels might have been higher than normal when sperm caught the egg.

Also nervous because I know DH has higher than average sperm count and motility and we fell pregnant first try with the miscarriage, this pregnancy and DS2, so I feel we might just automatically be programmed for blue.
    Things worth mentioning:
    -
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 6th, 2022 at 11:56 AM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, Cookies!

I must issue my standard disclaimer for anyone reading this, that you guys really MUST aim at sticking in the limits and not drop below BMI 18.5 under any circumstances. This would not have been my preference in any way and I'm just thankful that Cookies has been able to conceive at such a low weight, because 99% of people can't. Please no one who reads this sway decide that is a good goal weight, as most people would see ovulation go missing for a long time at that weight.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes treens liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got back from our 13 week scan, would love to know your thoughts on the nub!

https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...cs-inside.html

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: Just got my NIPT results and baby is a GIRL!!!!! 💖

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!!! How wonderful!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

9. Likes Cookies22 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FABULOUS!!! So happy for you!!!

11. Likes Cookies22 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, you are just such an amazing person, for dedicating so much of your time to helping others. Thank you for all of your support and kindness over the past five years. All my love ❤️

@Treens, thank you!! I am over the MOON!!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!!! Baby girls are so easy! (In my experience..) and the mom daughter bond is so sweet. She’ll be your best friend!! Aww I’m so happy for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Enjoy every moment, it goes by too fast!!!