Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was a sway that ended up not being a sway!

Gender Result:
    Unknown

DW Age:
    DH Age:

Current Children's Gender(s)
    Boy, boy

Number of Months TTC

Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    No

DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes for 14 months but had been totally off it for 3 months

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    LE, whole grains, vegetarian

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-

I was dieting on and off mostly LE for 14 months and my periods stopped. I have been vegetarian for 2 years. I had been totally off the diet for 3 months prior. The only things I maintained were skipping breakfast and vegetarian.

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    N/A

Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    Yes for 2 years up until 3 week before conception

Did DH change his diet with you?
    No but had been vegan/veggie for 18 months and dropped it the start of 2022 which was annoying but I couldn’t control it. He also used to bike ride last year but also dropped that

Comments regarding DH's diet-
    Pretty healthy, he gained and lost weight up and down throughout the year whilst cutting weight for competitions. He pretty slim naturally and muscular build.
    DId you consume alcohol?

A few glasses of red wine occasionally

DId you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I drank it excessively until the month before conception when I tried to cut down. I went from 3-4 a day to 1.

Any Diet Details?
    I was eating 2 meals a day and fasting 16-18 hours, I stayed fasted even after running up to 5-6 miles in the morning and lived on black coffee until lunch time. I ate plant based/veggie and stuck to 1500-1700 calories most days except when I went on longer runs of 10-20 miles at the weekend which was 1.5-3.5 hours constant running. I couldn’t maintain what I was doing and didn’t follow atomic’s advice as I genuinely believed my clockwork cycle would never change. Some days I would eat 30/40g protein whilst excessively exercising. I drank black coffee to stay in a fasted state and to pull me over until lunch time. I stopped dieting and tracking what I was eating when my periods stopped. I had been off the diet 3 months before getting pregnant.

Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    No diet leading up to conception I was trying to get my cycles back and started a nutritional plan a few weeks before adding healthy fats, some fish and nuts etc. getting pregnant was more important to me at this pointS

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    58-60kg
    BMI 22/23

Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    Over the course of 2021/22 I lost 15kg. I took up long distance running and trained for a half marathon and went on to train for a full marathon. I was running 30-40 miles a week and walking in between. I maintained this For 9 months. I never ate enough as I had 1500-1700 calories a day during the week. I was my lowest ever weight at 54kg. In the end my periods stopped completely. I didn’t ovulate at all for around 4/5 months. I dropped long distance running back in June but kept some form of running but was minimal in comparison as I wanted my cycle to return. I never ran further than 6 miles (1 hour at a time) I stopped eating so little and mostly ate what I wanted. I kept up the fasting for most part but I ate sugar and some fast food again. We had holidays during the gap and I gained 5kg during this time.

3 weeks prior to conceiving I started a nutritional plan to get my cycles back. I added in breakfast, high fat foods such as nuts, oils etc cut all sugar and stuck to 3 meals a day. I also picked up the longer distance running again and trained for another half marathon which I ran 4 weeks pregnant. Due to this I lost 2kg but I think this was after conception or during.

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    No idea
    Any VG potions used?

No

CM pH at attempt
    -
    DH pH
    -
    How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?

BD Dates according to Ovulation
    * 3 Days Before O
    * O Day

Any additional comments?
    Every 72 hours. Wanted to leave the first attempt but got a positive opk so waited a day and had another attempt as I wanted to get pregnant.
    THE DEED INFO
    DH Info about Swimmers

BD Position
    Not sure, maybe spooning?

Did you Jump and Dump?
    Yes - waited 5 mins

Any relevant attempt details?
    Got +opk 2 days after first attempt, waited a day and tried again. So this was possible O day. Had big O both times. I had finally stopped stressing about it all to be honest and didn’t think I’d get pregnant

SUPPLEMENTS USED
    DW Supplements
    Folate and iodine

DH Supplements
    -
    Any additional supplement info?
    None
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    -
    Moon Phase during conception?
    -
    Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    -
    Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    Not much really, I had finally stopped obsessing over everything and swaying wasn’t really in my thoughts much at all. Where as when we originally planned on TTC it was all consuming and all I could think about.

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    Had dropped all swaying, gained weight, ate sugar, fast food. I kept stalling to perfect my sway and feel it would have been ‘perfect’ back when I finished the marathon training except I stopped ovulating thanks to my extreme effort. I don’t think we can have a girl and I am very anxious about the sex/gender. I am also concerned about health of baby due to the extreme swaying I took upon myself. Hoping luck was on our side but I’m doubtful.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing your experience!!!! FXFXFX for pink!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my dating scan today. 12 weeks 2 days healthy beautiful baby as well as a lovely clear boy nub, absolutely no doubt about it. Based on this I think we will confirm it is our third and final boy and find out the sex at some point. After initially feeling disheartened I am actually at peace and am so excited, I expected it and it’s what is meant to be. I’m more upset that I didn’t want to know and was hoping for no clear nub to be visible. But here we are

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Emdy on a healthy sweet babe!
    Last edited by LMSM; December 5th, 2022 at 04:46 PM.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratulations!!! What a wonderful gift!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you both so much. I’m honestly over the moon. I never thought I’d feel like this after being so disappointed when I found out my last was a boy. I feel so lucky to have a perfect healthy baby growing as I’ve been a nervous wreck waiting.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! Have been following your journey, so happy that you got pregnant with a healthy little bub! Keep us updated!
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided against finding out the sex of baby. After the initial high after the scan I have really struggled to come to terms with the high possibility of my final baby being a boy. I have wanted this baby for so long that I cannot bear the thought of feeling upset over their gender before they are born. I know the minute I am handed my baby and it is a boy it will not matter. I am 99% certain it is a boy my gut was telling me and nub was pretty obvious, not stacked or the complete risen but definitely rising and no hint of girl. I have probably looked at every nub picture online and hoped to find out it was a ‘rocket girl nub’ but I was just trying to give myself hope that isn’t there. I am so convinced it is a boy but I just don’t want the certainty before birth.

I am now 18 weeks so I will update its a boy in June (haha) when baby finally makes it earthside. I have felt quite bitter towards swaying and wish I’d never done it as I can’t help but think what if I hadn’t gone crazy etc etc. I also let it take over my life for 1.5 years, yet every friend and relative I know is now having a girl and all live ‘boy’ lifestyles, one even has PCOS and eats sugar like no tomorrow! It’s all down to luck in the end I guess. Good luck all trying, I am so grateful to even be pregnant after a solid 10 years of no from DH

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if I wanted to be team green, HE certainly didn’t. First view on 20 week scan was in between the legs. I’m not sad, I think I’d already come to terms with it and have grieved in my own way leading up to this. He’s exactly who’s meant to be in Our family and my only regret is holding off for so long trying to perfect my sway. Baby looks perfect and we can’t wait to prepare for him. I guess you can add me now. Thanks for all the support along the way

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast