Downloads
    Uploads
    we would love to but waiting lists we have heard are far too long

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my, that is horrible news about Russia. They were my best hope and now I feel even more afraid about what I will do if my sway fails. I felt a sense of comfort that even if my sway fails I can go through Russia for my baby girl. Now it looks like that's not going to happen. I can't believe it.

@NBP, no offence meant here but while maybe a few HT cycles would cost less than adopting, my DH didn't want to go HT because there's no guarantee that a pregnancy will result from even multiple HT cycles. While international adoption is very expensive and takes years, far more often than not if you stick with it, you will get the result you want.
    I've seen couples spend thousands of dollars on HT and have absolutely nothing to show for it. So not everyone has the option of going HT for their DG. I wish I did, but DH doesn't want to do it.

Russian adoption was my safety net, and now that's gone and I feel absolutely terrible. I'm probably going to have nothing but boys and no hope of ever having a little girl now that Russian adoption is off the table.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand that HT isn't an option of many levels for people. Adoption is a huge effort and expense, more so that HT IMO. That's all I was trying to say.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so, so sorry, for you, for me and for the little children waiting here (i'm in moscow) for families who will never get them. Who ever said that there's a bad mad running things here was dead right.

DH mentioned something about a surrogate, but i can't even fathom doing a surrogate and gender selection, and I don't have the heart for it anyway. DH would never agree to adopt a child with a disability, which is the only adoption option left for us, in China.

I am really, really heartbroken and at a total loss, and don't know where to turn.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is one of more recent articles about tragic death of a Russin boy from hands of his American step mother. Its in Russian though. Apparently, the Russian government is not happy the US denies them the right to be part in investigation. There has been 19 cases of similar deaths in the past decade or so. I believe, this action from the Russian government is aimed at making the US change the way they handle such tragic cases and give Russia a bigger part in investigations. I would expect the two sides would come to some solution eventually.

Новости NEWSru.com :: Астахов и дипломаты разведали: в Техасе убит бывший сирота из России
    and finally my ht !!!

Feb 2012 HRC, cycle cancelled because of a cyst couldn't start stims
    Aug 2012 HRC, 24 retrieved, 18 fertilised, 13 to GSN. Only 1 normal XY
    OMG - 1 XX self corrected!
    13December - FET transferred my DD

Thank you Dr Potter for making my dream come true!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Queen Bee. The case is indeed all over the news here in Moscow but in the past couple of days, Astakhov has taken back his accusations. It seems that 1. the investigation into the poor boy's death is still ongoing so it's not clear whether it was accidental and 2. in fact the Texas authorities were cooperating with Russian diplomats from the start.

I understand why certain people in this country where I live (Russia) need to find an outside enemy to distract people from problems here at home, but that doesn't help the situation with orphans. 300 orphans adopted by Russian families died in 2011 ALONE (that's one year), after all...but no one wants to talk about that.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you about the US and Russia working this out in the future, but sadly I think Putin has staked his reputation on forbidding adoptions, and he's not the kind of guy to go back on his word, whatever the facts may be.

It's funny and sad to hear all the anti-Americanism from Duma deputies who send their children to study in the US and own homes there...but at least it's better than declaring another war on Chechnya, or something!

OK, enough politics. I'll stop now.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am really sorry about the whole situation, 4devochki. If I understand
    you correctly, your husband is of Russian background? If so, could he
    use his Russian citizenship for adoption? I was thinking of adopting a Russian
    orphan before we decided to go high tech, but I know damn well of the drug and alcohol problems and that you are almost guaranteed to adopt a child with serious health and development problems. I don't feel strong enough to handle this, but admire those who do! Good luck and hope you will find a way to give home to a poor child who desperately needs it.
    and finally my ht !!!

Feb 2012 HRC, cycle cancelled because of a cyst couldn't start stims
    Aug 2012 HRC, 24 retrieved, 18 fertilised, 13 to GSN. Only 1 normal XY
    OMG - 1 XX self corrected!
    13December - FET transferred my DD

Thank you Dr Potter for making my dream come true!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    are there no other countries you can adopt from?! its very hard in aus to adopt but I though in the US you could adopt from lots of countries??

how upsetting putin shut down adoption though...

on her way in 2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12