Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile I thought I'd be the first

Hello!

I am in the process of an international adoption and would love to chat with others who are thinking of adoption, going thru it, or have adopted.

I hope that this subforum will see some action!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so happy you posted! I am the site owner and I would love for you to post your story, as much as you are comfortable sharing! I think people sometimes don't know where to begin with adoption and any guidance would be wonderful! Welcome!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be happy to talk about my experiences so far. I don't have much yet because we aren't very far into the process...we are waiting to hear about when our homestudy will begin. I did create a post at IG that gives some basic information on what to consider when thinking about international adoption. It's very broad but it may give some food for thought to someone. I can copy and paste it here in a new thread if you'd like.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy

I would love more info on adoption. My computer doesn't seem to agree with the IG site so if you could copy and paste that would be great
    Thanks

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Done! I hope it might give you some things to think about. :-)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How exciting!!! Good luck in your process and I hope all your dreams come true!
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're talking about the possibility of adopting too. I'd love to have another girl, and DH would like to adopt, so we may be headed in that direction. I'm trying to read as much as I can about all of our options. Good luck to you!
    (6/02) (1/04) (3/06) (11/10)
    TTC one more girl to complete our family!
    All cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans:
    1st - 3rd IUI with sperm sort & Follistim: BFN
    4th IUI + sperm sort, Follistim & Menopur ~ IUI done 2/27/2012 ~ BFP on 3/8/2012!!
    Twins seen on early u/s, but Baby B wasn't viable. Baby A looks great, though!
    Amniocentesis & Ultrasounds at 13.5 weeks & 15 weeks confirmed GIRL!!

Lily Katherine is here!! Born on 11/15/12, 9 lb 8 oz.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Isla,
    Where are you hoping to adopt from? Are you considering an older child or an infant? I am starting to research adoption and am very intersted in following you journey. Good luck!
    MS/IVF/PGD - 5/08 - No transfer
    MS/IVF/PGD - 8/08 - Transferred 2 Blasts! BFP! No heartbeat at 8 wk u/s. D&C @ 9 weeks.
    MS/IVF/PGD - 11/09 - Transferred 3 - BFN

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Think Pink!

We are adopting from Honduras. We submitted our applications, had medical exams, fingerprints taken, psych evals (specific for Honduras), and just started our homestudy today! We have a 15 month old son so we will be adopting an infant girl. Our agency has a rule that the adopted child is required to be at least 6 months younger than the youngest child already in the home, so we have no choice and must adopt an infant.

Do you have any idea of where you'd like to adopt? Domestically or internationally?
    Last edited by Isla; April 9th, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
    - born January 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast