Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potty training

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am tying to get DD2 to potty train, and she isn't very interested. We have a little potty in the bathroom for her, I have read her books, and I give her M&M's when she goes. I am trying not to push it, because we pulled DS out of diapers too early and he has had issues ever since. My only advice is to make sure he is really ready before you start!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did the sticker reward chart thing too heaps of positive feedback and no negative. I read something that suggested you check the words/phrases you're using, so saying "let me know when you need a wee as we want to keep your pants dry" is better than repeatedly asking "do you need a wee?" to which they'll say "no" without even considering the answer!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought this great thing for my twins called a 'Weeman'. WeeMan Potty Training Urinal by Potty Scotty | Potty Training Concepts

It fits to the side of the toilet and avoided the need for a step as they were tall enough to reach the toilet. It also just flips to empty and when you flush it cleans the 'weeman' too. They were much happier with that than sitting on a potty which they both hated. And it meant there was a lot less wee on the floor! The hardest thing was them getting their pants up and down to be honest. Until they are old enough to accomplish that I think its difficult to properly train them. My boys were 2.5yo. But the benefit of waiting till then was that I never needed night nappies. It was all or nothing. And to their credit I think there has only been 1-2 night accidents in nearly 2yrs and its only been when they've been sick with a fever etc...

I have to confess treats and star charts never had much of an impact with my boys. They had to want to do it. As for poo - well that was a different story. The older twin had no issues and used the toilet with a padded seat immediately. The younger one was more resistant. I used this story that our OT suggested called 'Poo goes to pooland'. I used to read it to him on the toilet and let him colour in his own version of the book and it really helped. Poo Goes to Pooland[1][1] Eventually I worked out that my younger twin was frightened of the poo being hard and hurting him, so I fed him tonnes of soup and fruit and told him that would make sure it didn't hurt. And once he had success a couple of times it was fine.
    Last edited by MatildaMai; July 27th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    training pants did nothing for my DS1, we just went with the thick underwear (the kind that's padded in the middle) and he peed thru some of it, but within 3 days, he was potty trained! He started off sitting down to pee but he's been peeing standing up for a long while now, and likes to join DH when he pees, and they pee togehter (OK that was prob TMI, but i thought it was hilarious!)

I will try the same tactic for Ds2 when he's ready--just put him in the cotton underwear, hope for the best, show him his potty all the time, and that worked for DS1, so hope it will work agian.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12