Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Beautiful baby boy is here...Amazing birth story with a bit of a Medical scare!

I was due on June 11th. However my little boy had other plans. The morning of May 22nd, My water gushed a little. I wasn't quite sure if "this was it' so I sat back on my bed. When I lifted my leg onto my bed, another gush. I called out to my husband that my water broke. I immediately got ready. Hair and make up! haha...I waited over an hour for contractions to start and just like my daughters labor, nothing. From 11ish till about 3PM barely had any contractions. We went into L&D as they were getting worse and I Had a TON of pressure. When we checked in, I was only at 3 but Doctor said she cold feel his head and was super low. I sat on the birth ball which was so hard as I had all this pressure and felt like I was sitting on his head. at 6pm they checked me again...I am at 4. I got really sad as I felt like here we go again...same birth as daughters. Stalled at 4. I was sure I was going another 30 hours and I would deliver him the next morning. I called my mom and told her to just get our daughter ready for dinner and bed that this was going into the night..I was sure of it. All the sudden BACK labor kicked in and it was worse then the 25 hours i did with my daughter...I just kept saying "FIRE ACROSS MY BACK" it was extremely intense...I couldn't sit, stand nothing was working but bending over the bed moaning... My nurse suggested I lay on my side She was sure I was going to deliver soon. My husband was so amazing..all day he was just the best, we kissed, hugged, laughed and moaned! When I got on my side I felt a ton better...It was almost 8 by then and I had been telling the nurse I think it's time. She told me the nurse would not check my again since I had been checked recently. I was moaning louder at this point because I had so much pressure. I told her I didnt care, that he was coming. At 7:54PM doc said I was complete and I could push. Um no shit...I called my mom and told her to get our daughter ready that he was on his way. My husband and I really wanted her to be the first to meet her brother and hold him. At 8:04 I began pushing, 3 pushes his head was out. my husband had his arms around me cheering me on, he was so amazing. I grabbed onto his arms and gave the biggest push on my life and my son was placed upon my chest at 8:13PM. He let out a big sigh and little squeak. He was perfect. I cried so hard as did my husband. It was amazing. My family was complete. I had my amazing husband, a beautiful little girl and a perfect little boy. I was so ready to go home and start my life as a family of 4.....

Then, Doctor is trying everything she can to get my placenta out. It is completely stuck. And hour later she gets it. As I am in bliss with my daughter holding her brothers and my family surrounded my nurse says "I just need to check your bleeding" My mom takes my daughter. Nurse peeks and puts the blanket down extremely fast. She whispers to me, dont get upset, I need to have everyone leave. You are bleeding a bit. I got sick to my stomach. Hemmorhaging is my biggest feat and here i was....A team of docs rush in to make it stop..Luckily they did. So after that scare I am in my mother/baby unit loving on my son. We are going home the next day. I cant wait to see my little girl. We get home and life begins. Or so I thought. 4 days later I am not feeling very good. I am having cold chills, and a bit of a fever. I call hospital. they ask me to come in immediately to the ER. I am so annoyed cause I was about nap. I spend the next 7 hours being poked all over...I kept saying I just had a baby. they are ignoring me. At 8pm that night the ER doc tells me "Ok your blood works looks great you can go home" I say well Why would I have a fever? "umm sometimes it just happens" I said I jsut had a baby and they said if i run a fever i need to be seen, can I see an OB" annoyed the doc says "fine its going ot be a bit" My brother is with me as my husband is with our 4 day old son who I have now been away from for 7 hours and I havent stopped crying because all I want to do is be with him. And my mom had our daughter. Finally 9ish and OB comes asks me like 5 questions and determines I Have an infections and need to be admitted immediately. I make them promise they get me in mother/baby so i can have my son to nurse. they agree. Here i go back to the hospital for a 3 days IV drip to clear this infection. I am so annoyed because at this point I feel fine. My brother tells me "you are staying that's that" 11pm im in my room with husband and son. I nurse him..and them i cant feel my legs. I start convulsing. My heart rate drops, blood pressure drops. I told my husband this is it, I am going to die. I was sure of it. With in mins i went from fine to almost dead. In my fog I thought, Who is going to love this man like I have for 10 years. Who is going to teach my daughter all the things moms teach little girls. And this 4 days old baby boy, will never remember me. I told my husband please be a good father to our children and I love you. I was in and out of it for about 6 hours. It's all very foggy. But, 8 am rolls around an my 103 fever broke, and I am starting to feel ok. Turns out the infection had made it's way into my blood which is deadly and I was on my way out. Thankfully I had been on the anti-biodics for long enough to where I caught it just in time. But if I stubbornly went home like I wanted, I wouldn't have woken up the next day. I thank my brother for forcing me...Oddly enough we gave our son his middle name. It was meant to be! Thankfully, 3 days later I was cleared and the infection was gone. I was released and am back home with my babies. It was the scariest thing I have ever gone through. I am so thankful for my family and just want to move on from this.

So with that, I just wanted to share my story. And if anyone has been through something like this please let me know. I am having a bit of a hard time with it...just the thought of what could have been, scares me.

Thanks!
    Loving on my amazing Husband since 2007 Birthed my March 9th 2009 and birthed the most handsome little guy on May 22, 2012 My world is complete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Tink, you were right...what an amazing birth story, also very scary!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing such a touching and personal story!

You made me tear up when you were explaining who would care for your wonderful husband and kids. And of course it would have been absolutely horrible for us to lose you! You are obviously an amazing woman!

I'm so glad you got your son! He is SO lucky to have a mamma like you!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Firstly congrats on your gorgeous new baby boy! So good to hear everything is now going well...what a rollercoaster for you all.
    It does sound like you may have had a bit of the placenta left behind at delivery. I think that is when an infection can develop. Here they give you an injection as soon as you give birth to help you deliver the placenta. Not sure if you had the same thing.

I know a lady who recently had an infection and bleeding develop after a m/c. It is very sad as she was so sick they had to do an emergency hysterectomy to save her life. For 2 weeks they weren't sure if she would survive, but now she is getting much better. Now she and her DH have to come to terms with not ever being able to have children of their own, as they did not have any children and had just started TTC.

It is so good that you persisted and asked to see an OB and listened to them and your brother. I am not surprised it has shaken you up. I hope things are smooth sailing from now on. Enjoy all those baby boy cuddles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tink - PM me hun as I have been through a PPH twice now. The last time, my blood pressure dropped so low my vision and hearing went and I was about to flat line. It terrifies me too and I hate thinking about it.. few blood transfusions, theatre to control bleeding and IV for infection. Was in hospital for over a week and I was as white as a ghost so everyone tells me now!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 3rd dd (first PPH) I bled a lot after birth but they stopped it with tablets up the bottom and pitocin in a drip.

Anyway went home after 5 days when bleeding was ok, 2 weeks later I start contracting at home. Didn't feel right all day. Pass a huge clot at home and start bleeding profusely. Hubby calls 000 and i am taken to hospital right away. Turns out I had a lot of placenta left inside and I now had a raging infection. I kept telling them after the birth I did not feel well!!! but noone listened..

Theatre, IV meds and hospitalisation for a week and I was finally feeling a bit better.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good heavens Tink your story has me in tears. I am so delighted that you have your gorgeous little man I hope everything is smooth sailing from here on, much love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What an amazing and scary story - I'm soooo glad you're ok!! Enjoy your little man!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tink, congrats again on baby Zane!! I am so glad your story had a happy ending--it must have been so scary to be that sick! I had hemorrhaging with my son's birth, and I know how scary that can be. But the infection on top of that sounds awful! I am so glad you are okay and home with your family.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tink, I'm so glad to hear that you're on the mend! That exact same thing happened to my mother after she had my sister and she had to stay in the hospital for 7 days on strong antibiotics. I'm so thankful that you are safe and sound and loving that little man!! Best wishes and (((hugs))) to all!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulation on the birth of baby Zane and big hugs for all you've been through. Thank goodness you asked to see somebody else when they were happy to send you home from the ER and, yes, thank goodness your brother made you stay. Take care x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast