Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Please don't blame yourself, I find that many doctors are very hard-sell on the amnios for women over 35 and it's very hard not to listen to what they say. Wishing you the very best for peace and healing
    Unfortunately, this is so true
    They make it sound if you don't do the amnio, it will be your fault if the baby had some problems

My ob/gyn was pushing me to do the amnio due to my age (39) but at the end I didn't do it and I still have some fears in the back of my mind baby won't be healthy.
    Big hugs to you mama
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you pink carol. Please try to take care of yourself.

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so very sorry Carol....my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just did a search on amnio and found your post. I'm am so deeply sorry for your loss...and am praying your find some peace during this very difficult time. I am 40 and recently found out I am pregnant (after testing poorly for ovarian reserve FSH 20, AMH .4). I have been very worried that this baby was produced from a poor quality follicle and I was certain I would get an amnio with this pregnancy (I didn't with my other 2). Thank you for taking the time to post your story -- you definitely have me thinking about my decision now.
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals
    May testing: FSH 20, AMH .4 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
    June: Natural BFP! baby boy lost at 9 weeks & blighted ovum

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not true - the MaterniT21 test is available in all 50 states. I know that for a fact.
    and coming end of November!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now there are stipulations - you must be 35 or older, have a history of Trisomy issues OR have a high risk via 1st tri screening and/or soft marker(s) on an ultrasound.
    and coming end of November!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry for you loss. Thank you fur educating all of us on the risks of

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On an amnio. I pray women won't allow dr.'s to push then into getting one.
    Praying fur you and your family.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ILindGurl View Post
    I just did a search on amnio and found your post. I'm am so deeply sorry for your loss...and am praying your find some peace during this very difficult time. I am 40 and recently found out I am pregnant (after testing poorly for ovarian reserve FSH 20, AMH .4). I have been very worried that this baby was produced from a poor quality follicle and I was certain I would get an amnio with this pregnancy (I didn't with my other 2). Thank you for taking the time to post your story -- you definitely have me thinking about my decision now.
    I would not assume that at all. Most abnormals just don't stick. Technology has come such a long way, with the use of ultrasound, early bloodwork and 4D imaging if necessary, unless there is something with your family history or something seen on u/s, most children are just fine.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ILindGurl View Post
    I don't think that an amnio needs to be routine based on age alone. The screening tests can work just as well for older mamas as for the younger ones. I just got my IPS (integrated pregnancy screen = NT + blood at 12.5 weeks + blood at 16 weeks) and bizarrely my risk is lower than it's been in any other pregnancy even though I'm almost 7 years older than I was with my first (and he was very low risk too)! So do the screens and u/s first and see what your risk is, then decide if an amnio makes sense. Sadly amnios carry a certain amount of risk and Carol's sad story is a reminder of that.

Carol, I'm so, so sorry you lost your baby! It is beyond unfair and devastating, especially then having the amnio results come back perfect. But please don't blame yourself. You were just trying to make sure than the baby was healthy, and that is done out of love. *hugs*
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast