Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. Carol this is not your fault. And I apologize, I just realized you aren't in the US so you are right , I believe MaterniT21 isn't available outside the US yet

Again so sorry for your loss
    and coming end of November!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Unfortunately, this is so true
    They make it sound if you don't do the amnio, it will be your fault if the baby had some problems

My ob/gyn was pushing me to do the amnio due to my age (39) but at the end I didn't do it and I still have some fears in the back of my mind baby won't be healthy.
    Big hugs to you mama
    I know that you have some fears left if you don't do the amnio. Problem is, now I have a certificate to attest that my baby was 100% healthy but I dont' have my baby anymore. That is much worse, believe me!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nestof3 View Post
    That's not true - the MaterniT21 test is available in all 50 states. I know that for a fact.
    Nestof3, I live in Switzerland. In Europe it has not been implemented yet.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I am so sorry to hear this, my GP is dead against amnio's. I was going to get one with my last baby, and he told me not to...
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Carol I am so sad to hear about your loss! You're so lovely to think of others at this difficult time! I agree you didn't sacrifice your baby, you had no idea this would happen! He'll always be with you and I'm thinking about you, what a horrible thing to go through.
    Sept 09 Jan 11 and Due Dec 12

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh carol, I am so very sorry for your loss. Thankyou for sharing your story with us and warning us all. The idea of an amnio has always froghtened the hell out of me and you have just reinforced my feeling that I would never have one. I am so sorry your dr pushed you into it. They so often don't consider that it's not their life they play with when giving advice. They fill us full of the worst case scenario fears and unfortunately we end up making decisions based on that.
    I hope you can find some peace soon and recognise that it was not your fault. We all place our faith in the medical profession and sometimes it lets us down.
    Big hugs. XXX
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pink carol View Post
    This test has not been implemented yet. Probably in a year or two, only. For the time being the only test 100% sure are the amnio and the chorionic sample villing, both risky.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, and its such a shame that this simple blood test is not issued as standard where you are. Here in the UK every mother is offered (sometimes they don't even offer, they just tell you!) with the standard blood tests they do through pregnancy. They then send you a letter with the results on - for my first son it was 1 in 2,000 chance of an issue, for my second it was 1 in 1,000,000 which my midwife had never seen. If you have a less than 1 in 250 chance, then they recommend the amnio but explain the risks. We have such a compensation culture here that they cover themselves with as much information as possible.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Shutterbug View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss, and its such a shame that this simple blood test is not issued as standard where you are. Here in the UK every mother is offered (sometimes they don't even offer, they just tell you!) with the standard blood tests they do through pregnancy. They then send you a letter with the results on - for my first son it was 1 in 2,000 chance of an issue, for my second it was 1 in 1,000,000 which my midwife had never seen. If you have a less than 1 in 250 chance, then they recommend the amnio but explain the risks. We have such a compensation culture here that they cover themselves with as much information as possible.
    Here in Switzerland there is a blood test like the one you mention but I read it's not very reliable. It's mostly based on statistics, taking into account your age. I did a lot of research before embarking on the amnio and the new Maternity21 test is the most reliable blood test and non-invasive like an amnio, but it has not been implemented in Switzerland yet. Do you have any idea if you can do it in the UK? We agreed with my husband that next time we'll take this test and travel anywhere to take it if Switzerland does not offer it by next year.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi carol!!! Havent seen this thread. I am so so sorry, thanks to share it to all us. Hope you feel better
    Mom to my DS and my baby girl

Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming

link to my sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gracias, Mariposa! Todavía estoy muy triste y pienso en mi hombrecito, pero cada día me voy dando ánimo y trato de salir adelante. Un beso

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234