Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge Congratulations Sweetpea, I only saw this now This is so exciting. Can't wait till you'll be able to post pics. Can you imagine how lovely they will be in a year's time God bless them xxxx
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And yes they are fraternal twins if they have different sacs
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So thats means they are not from the clomid or a freak of nature as Fraternal twins are Genetic so would be passed down from your mothers side of the family - you will have to ask her when you let her know but this means there must be tins in your family somewhere along the line..... Or do all twins have their own sac and share the same placenta ? Oh now ive confused myself !!! ha ha
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    U know what sweetpea,Im sitting here shaking with u,lol, this is such exciting news girl,keeping my fingers crossed,my toes crossed,heck even my bra straps crossed for u that ur two little beans are perfect and pink ;D
    Tell us how it goes with hubby
    Dd 7 Ds 5 Dd nov 24/2013 (my 30 weeker preemie )chemical January 09

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!! How exciting
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweetpea, no the girls had their own sacs but shared a placenta. The were Monochorionic Diamnotic which means they Share a placenta, but have own sac. I found out at my 12 wks scan and was sent straight away to the main hosp for a detailed scan to see if they shared the placenta or not as if so it's a bit of a higher risk twin pg than fraternal. My placenta was sent away after they were born and I found out about 2mths ago they are true Id twins! Although they do look very alike, so we knew they were. You should find out soon if it's 1/2 placenta's.

Maple, not on Clomid, just did a natural girl sway. My Dh is a twin (has a sister), but I was told that ID twins are just 'random' and as it's the woman that technically splits the egg, then I couldn't say it was due to him being a twin, so what was the chances of that!! lol

My life has been whizzed upside down, but AMAZINGLY so.... My girls have each other forever and I feel so blessed to have twins. I'm lucky my boys are 5 and 9, so can kinna do things for themselves.

Sweetpea, take ALL the help u can get b4 and after they arrive as I didn't and it was silly of me as people were wanting to help. I like u had a scan at 6wks due to pain and was told 1 baby!!! lol So it was a double shock at 12wks to be told 2!! Dh and I sat in silence then burst out laughing...another of Dh's 1st comments was "my car, we need a bigger car with 4 kids" poor guy was devastated!! Don't think he's still over it!!! lol

Also, I found out on 12th oct 2011 it was twins, just days b4 u this time last year!! x
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Am I right in thinking you were on Clomid ? Huge congratulations - twins will be such a blessing. Im sure hubby will be ecstatic and so will u when you get over the initial shock :-) Send some dust my way lady :-)
    Yes, I was on 50mg of Clomid, CD's 4-8. It was my first time ever taking Clomid. I know people typically choose CD's 3-7 (more eggs, but less mature) or 5-9 (less eggs, but more ripe/mature), but I remember Atomic saying that 4-8 was a nice, happy medium between the two, so I decided to try that. Plus, CD1 is always so very difficult for me to figure out bc I have such a light period that begins with spotting and it's very, very hard to tell when my first day of flow actually is. For all I know, I may have ended up taking the Clomid CD's 5-9 afterall, since I'm not really sure when my true CD1 was (I hope that makes sense).

And I will send baby/twin dust your way for sure - whatever it is you want, dear friend! And if there is any pink dust in here at all, I'll send some to you as well.
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingpink77 View Post
    And yes they are fraternal twins if they have different sacs
    That's what I thought, dreaming! But then again, did you read what Inglewood posted below? She said hers had separate sacs but shared a placenta, and her girls are identical. So I'm guessing that means that it's possible that my egg split and the babies aren't fraternal? Although, I'm thinking that it's way more probable that I released two eggs, since I was on Clomid. I'll bet mine are fraternal. I suppose I have a lot of questions for my OB at my next visit!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    So thats means they are not from the clomid or a freak of nature as Fraternal twins are Genetic so would be passed down from your mothers side of the family - you will have to ask her when you let her know but this means there must be tins in your family somewhere along the line..... Or do all twins have their own sac and share the same placenta ? Oh now ive confused myself !!! ha ha
    Mum, one thing I do know is that fraternal twins are genetic because if a woman releases two eggs on her own, then it's likely for that trait to run in the family. Identical twins are much more rare, and happen at random (not genetic). However, if someone were to release two eggs while on Clomid (which I suspect was the case with me), it wouldn't mean that's a genetic trait, it would just be due to the medication. There are no twins at all that I know of on either side of our family (which is going to make it interesting when we tell people, as I don't really want to share my personal business about being on Clomid, but I don't know how else to explain it).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit0809 View Post
    U know what sweetpea,Im sitting here shaking with u,lol, this is such exciting news girl,keeping my fingers crossed,my toes crossed,heck even my bra straps crossed for u that ur two little beans are perfect and pink ;D
    Tell us how it goes with hubby
    Thanks, Rabbit! Your post was so sweet! It made me go, "aww!" and LOL at the same time! Thanks for keeping your bra straps crossed for me, girl! But make sure to uncross them if you get too uncomfortable! Heehee!

Oh, and I think I did post my hubby's reaction, maybe you missed it. He was in total denial for about a good 5 minutes - he totally thought I was joking with him. When he finally realized it was real, he laid down in bed with his face in the pillow and moaned for awhile, LOL. He was utterly shocked, and was trying to process it in his brain. He kept saying, "I thought we swayed pink! I thought that means lowered sperm count? How did you conceive TWO?!" LOL! He's okay with it now, even cracking jokes with me about how he's got super sperm but yeah, it's going to be a BIG adjustment for us, for sure. And whether these are girls or boys or 1 of each, we are completely done having kids. I just really, really hope there's at least one girl in there!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast