Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiggerian, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Sending you a massive hug.

My Dad had a brain tumour, his symptoms were loss of sense of smell and taste. He went to his GP about it and was fobbed off being told he had probably had too many hot curries. He collapsed one day and was rushed to hospital which is where they gave him an mri scan and found he had a brain tumour. They think it was probably growing for 20 odd years without having any major impact on his life but as it had caused him to have a fit they wanted to remove it asap. He was operated on within a few days and was totally fine afterwards. They found out it had been benign but the growth itself was of course impacting on his health.

So please take hope from this, it is so good that they found it because now you can get checked out and have treatment. It is easy to fear the worst when we hear such scary news, but I hope and pray that you get this sorted out soon and go on to have a beautiful daughter before the end of the year.

Big hugs xxx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all very much for all your posts and lovely thoughts! Especially all the positive stories - they do give me lots of hope!!

I am keeping my blog updated as we go along. I thought that was easier than continuously spamming the forum will all my willy nilly thoughts!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiggerian I'm so sorry to hear what's happening to you. I hope you get some answers soon because I completely understand the waiting and not knowing is the worst. Once you know what you are dealing with you will feel a lot better, and be able to make a mental plan.

When ds1 was 12 months old, and I was 26 I had an episode of pain which landed me in emergency in our small regional hospital. I'd had that pain before and gp's kept telling me it was nothing, or that it was pluracy and giving me antibiotics. Finally the emergency gp ordered an X-ray only to find I had a very large tumour wrapped around my heart and invading my lung. Needless to say they couldn't biopsy so we had to have nuclear scans, a full body ct, etc etc. and a month wait between the xeay and surgery before I could get answers. The waiting was the worst part. It turned out to be benign (although aggressive, so for a moment the scans looked bad), and the surgeon used a less invasive method (a thoracotomy) than opening me up front (not the 'zipper' heart surgery), and the tumour turned out to be a teratoma, which is one of those creepy ones that grow hair and teeth and things, eeeew! Trust me to have the freaky tumour. I can't even get the normal tumour, lol. A sense of humour got me through, my uncle suggested they steak it on removal, to make sure it's dead, haha.

So after 6 weeks of not driving or even being able to lift up ds, I was healed and able to pick my life back up with a new outlook and appreciation for how special it is to be given a second chance. We conceived ds2 6 months after surgery and never looked back. I have X-rays booked for 2 and 5 years, and had the first, which was clear of any re growth (they didn't get it all as part was around the aorta).

I really feel for you going through something as horrible as you are, I was told I should have died in birth, my caesarian, and the tumour surgery, and I can really say I feel lucky for the experience I had because it could have been so so much worse. I hope you are as lucky, and hear that lovely word 'benign', I hope the treatment is swift and simple and you are able to resume your journey in life with the lust for life I've found since going through all that.

Please do keep us posted and stay strong. It helped me to deal with what I knew at each moment. So now you know there may be something there, the next thing to deal with is the scan to confirm. Then you will know the where and what, and you deal with how to get it out or shrink it. Etc. one step at a time hon, or you will freak yourself out.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh you poor thing -- how stressful this all must be. I sincerely hope you hear the best outcome when you do get your results. Just know that you are never alone (we are all crazy creepy like that...) Good luck tigger..xx
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not fair, really not fair!! So sorry you have to go through all this!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, thank you so much for all your stories and support!!! I've gotten more sympathy and support on this forum than from my own parents, so it really does bring tears to my eyes and I'm so touched!! Thank you!!!

Humour is definitely one of the things getting me through it too (like naming it Terrance!!) - and I seriously hope mine isn't hairy! I can handle most things, like the doctors dying my brain, but having a hairy brain .... I don't think my partner is ever going to let that one go x_X
    Last edited by Tiggerian; January 15th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh God beegu (i know your name is tiggerian but I always want to call you beegu because of your pic!) just wanted to say how sorry i am, what a terrifying thing to be told, I will be sending you tons of prayers that everything works out ok. I don' know anything about them but it sounds like it's probably the best kind of brain tumour you could have got (ok that was suppoed to sound comforting rather than just wierd!!)

Ps. [bad taste joke] I can't believe it might have teeth and hair, maybe it's trying to make a better looking head?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's cool! Beegu is adorable!! :P

Never thought about that! I suppose that would make for cheap plastic surgery :P Wouldn't mind getting a new set of teeth, or a new nose! Could do something about my wonked out eyes (Not in a racist way... my eyes are really assymetrical!)

Well, Was suppose to have my MRI on Friday, but because of a little bit of snow I had to cancel (my childrens nursery closed at 9 am, couldn't find any child care or any one to go with me in my OHs stead and I couldn't go alone in case I had an allergic reaction to the dye). So now I'm waiting for a new appointment... =( More waiting!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi just reading your threads and your story and just wanted to say i am thinking of you and i hope things resolve themselves quickly, obviously that the tumor is benign and nothing to worry about and that you manage to get your little baby this year, even if it means you only leave 2013 pregnant and on the right track x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123