Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP Please, need to figure out OV

I am right now in first month of charting my temperatures and trying to observe my body for ovulation symptoms.

I need help figuring out my ovulation date, i got a negative for opk test on CD13 around 6PM evening, then got a positive on CD 14 around 6PM again. Tested on CD15 8AM, and the test says negative. So does it mean i was fertile only for one day? how should I interpret these results ? Please HELP am confused.

Here's my FF chart, am unable to share the link so posting the imageName:  myFFchart.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  20.9 KB

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you get a positive opk you generally ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours you will see a temp rise the day following ovulation but this can only be confirmed if your temperature stays up for 3 days
    Fertility Friend will then put lines on your chart pinpointing ovulation day and showing your coverline (check my chart)
    You might see a temp rise in the morning or the next day Good Luck

Also it is very normal to only have one positive ovulation test, the LH surge can be very short
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id say O will be confirmed on your chart on cd15, 16 or maybe even 17, but like True Blue said you need to have 3 high temps for it to be confirmed.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your chart looks good so far

The first cycles are the hardest, it gets easier once you figure out your own patterns. You should get a temperature rise over the next couple of days that will basically confirm that you O'd.

Put simply the opk stick measures a hormone that rises to make you ovulate. When you get a +opk it means you are going to ovulate within the next couple of days, so you are fertile from around the first +opk, till about 20 hours after you ovulate! Don't worry, it doesn't mean you are only fertile for a day!

When you do ovulate, the morning after your temperature will be higher, so you can tell it has happened after 3 high temps.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you all for clarifying. I mean i was worried as to why the opk test came up positive only once, i thought they will be positive until i am fertile. It was not positive when I tested on CD15. Here's my current chart, still there's no ov confirmation in my chart.
    41bd63 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The OPKs usually detect the LH surge rise and this occurs 12-48 hrs prior to ovulation. You can get a +OPK result and then negative the next day but actual ovulation occurs for some when the result is negative the next day. E.g. this month I had a +ve OPK on CD 15 at 7pm, but ovulation took place on CD 16 from 5.30pm but I had a -ve OPK at this time. I observed temp increase and pains on left and right side of my lower belly. HTH.