Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face VERY annoyed regarding moon signs! Atomic??

Is there any merit to these moon signs or is it totally bogus? It keeps coming up in another group I've been lurking in and I just don't see how they can Be a sole factor to sway. . If you're "swaying" would it really matter if I conceived in a boy month? They swear only one person has ever been wrong. This makes me really upset because I don't know if I O'd 13th or 14th as temping has never worked for me. 13th was boy and 14th was girl. I've also read quite a bit on how temping isn't as accurate as we think at all so I'm not sure how they can even come to any of these conclusions! Not saying there is anything at all wrong with using it in your sway but for me it seems almost impossible to even time it out right anyways. If I O'd under a boy sign, do I still have a chance? Atomic didn't you conceive one of your boys in a girl sign? I swear I remember reading that way back when I was just a beginner reading sways! Wondering if I should have factored this into my sway. I started to and then realized I almost never would have O'd during a girl sign. It just didn't seem that important to me and my gut is usually dead on with these things. Hoping it was right this time.
    Mommy to the most amazing little born 10/2013

Praying for a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a pile of phooey Imo. About as accurate as the Chinese gender chart and any of the old wives tales. You're going to get 50% accuracy with any of those things bc that's just how it works.
    Science-backed things like the LE diet are what works. It just makes sense. Don't get hung up on it ☺
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

3. Thanks DRV thanked for this post
    Likes Erin514, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! ! I would love solid proof that this method does/does not work. Can we settle this?? Is anyone who charted during their BFP month and know the sex of their child willing so show us your chart so we can disprove this theory? ? I'm the kind of girl that needs to see the proof in the pudding

5. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I charted during 4 bfp months. 3 boys, 1 unknown as yet. Waxing and waning gibbous moons for the 3 known boys. Not sure if you would want the charts since they weren't full or new moons....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2006 2008 2011 2013 Due 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Raezodal View Post
    I charted during 4 bfp months. 3 boys, 1 unknown as yet. Waxing and waning gibbous moons for the 3 known boys. Not sure if you would want the charts since they weren't full or new moons....

We mean moon signs (ex. Leo, cancer, etc. ) not moon phases. I conceived my DS in a new moon so I know that isn't fool proof by any means!

Praying for a

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We would still love to see the chart though

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha. I actually did this one -- should be having a boy. Yeah, okay.

It's not real. Even needing "proof in the pudding" isn't scientific thought -- humans have relied on their own anecdotal observations for years before the scientific method and that used to be considered "legit." Look up spontaneous generation, or Aristotle's views on fertility. All things that, on the surface level, sure made sense/seemed real. Doesn't mean they were or are.

Getting valid, verifiable results is what's real. GD is so good about charting and getting as much info as possible over long periods BECAUSE that's what is closer to fact... not "well, even FIFTY people I know all swearing the moon sign thing is accurate" is still not actual fact because a.) small sample size b.) no way to check/double check accuracy of statements and/or c.) it can't be verified. Think of all of the people who don't say it's inaccurate because they're not even going INTO the threads on moon signs.

So, so many factors already disproving this notion. Believing in it is falling prey to the Burden of Proof fallacy. It's like Russell's teapot: it's so patently sensible to realize that moon signs are not an actual influence in fertility/the sex of conceived children, that it's not on people to disprove it.

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes foxymrsg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no scientific evidence to back up moon signs and gender. None. It has a 50/50 shot of being right. OWTs are just that: occurrences that people take as fact because one thing in particular seemed true for a small group of people. It would not make ANY sense for gender to be decided solely because he/she was conceived under one particular moon sign. According to the moon sign OWT, it said boy for both my sons and says girl for this baby BUT I absolutely refuse to believe that this baby is a girl simply because of the sign we conceived under. IF this is a girl, it's because I swayed for a long time. I guarantee you that if a large study was done, that this "method" would be debunked. If it were always accurate then don't you think people in places like China would just use moon signs so they could only have sons?? It doesn't work. If it turns out to be right, it's pure luck/coincidence.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

14. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DRV View Post
    We mean moon signs (ex. Leo, cancer, etc. ) not moon phases. I conceived my DS in a new moon so I know that isn't fool proof by any means!
    Oh oops!! Well I have exact dates of conception for 4 pregnancies and know 3 genders...but don't know which sign correcponds where. Does it follow the same date cut offs as the astrological signs then? Aries from roughly March 21 through April 20, Taurus next etc?

2006 2008 2011 2013 Due 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Raezodal View Post
    Oh oops!! Well I have exact dates of conception for 4 pregnancies and know 3 genders...but don't know which sign correcponds where. Does it follow the same date cut offs as the astrological signs then? Aries from roughly March 21 through April 20, Taurus next etc?

No they change roughly every 2-3 days! I think it's called luniatrium where you can enter your dates and it tells you. My son was also conceived under a boy sign so it does make me wonder. I just hope if there is truth to this that I swayed hard enough.

And I agree about China but it's really hard to follow this as they change so often and it's very hard to pinpoint ovulation exactly BEFORE it happens. It's possible but you never know until after and then it would be too late. I don't temp so I'm not sure what sign I actually conceived under. It does make me a little nervous though!

Praying for a

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast