Thread: Hi

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

Hi
    I have 2 beautiful boys and wasn’t on planning on having anymore kids. I’m almost6 weeks pregnant. I’m not handling this news really well since I’m not sure if I can handle having a 3rd baby. I think the only thing that would make it better and easier for me to except this is if the baby was a girl. Besides having my doctor order a gender/genetic test is there any other reliable companies out there that do it at 9 weeks or before? I think my doctor likes to do it no sooner than 10 weeks.
    I did not sway and had one attempt at O-6 and O-1. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As we say on here frequently -- you always have a chance! Though I know many of us feel differently once we're pregnant ourselves (me included!).

The NIPT tests like Harmony, Materniti 21, and Verifi CAN be done I believe at 9w or later, but doctors like to wait for 10 weeks because 9 weeks is more likely to have inaccurate results and/or need to have a blood redraw because not enough fetal DNA is in the blood****** yet. So doing a test before 10 weeks would be something you might need to really weigh the pros/cons of.

And I just wanted to add: you really only had one attempt that O-1, since O-6 is very unlikely to have accounted for anything. And one attempt is a very strong girl sway tactic on here Good luck! And I hear the transition from 2 to 3 is a lot easier than 0 to 1 or 1 to 2!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, HealthyGirl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh HG I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. It is such a shock to find out a new baby is coming when you're not sure you are totally on board with the concept.

Unfortunately, the results prior to 10 weeks are not reliable. While you can get it done at 9 weeks, I don't think it's a good idea because it won't be as reliable at that point.

One attempt has been a solid pink sway for us and there is always the chance of a girl. Sometimes I think for some of us it's actually best to have an oopsie since we can't get ourselves all wound up and "control freaky" about swaying and that may make us more likely to have a girl than if we'd actually swayed!

Good luck and please dont hesitate to vent - we're here for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks HealthyGirl thanked for this post