Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and if you'd be so kind bump this for me as I have some stuff I have to do today, and I'll come back first thing tomorrow to fill u in about how we learned the one attempt sways.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Commenting so that I get notifications on updates to this thread! Sooo interesting.
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I pressed the button with the quotation mark and plus sign, does that mean bump? Sorry I am new to this site.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting, so I wonder if couples who have been together longer tend to have more girls, as frequent sex goes down the longer you are together...

That actually kind of makes sense for the military thing too. Military couples are often apart a lot.. the men work long hours and often are too exhausted and also I think the fact that the military is hard on marriages so sex may be happening less because of that too. I also kind of theorize that men with jobs that are high stress and low pay (fire fighters, cops, military) like you mentioned sway pink.. perhaps the high stress lowers sperm count and even the low pay makes it seem as though times are hard.

The reason I mentioned SAHM is that so many women here on base are stay at home moms. Like you mentioned, military pay is low and I wonder if that feeling of powerlessness sways pink because they are relying on one income, that tends to be low?

Very fascinated with this stuff. Part of my questions are also because I am helping my younger cousin write her senior thesis on gender ratios and factors that influence it. Since your site seems to be so much more successful than Shettles, i figured I would ask some questions to help her get some ideas. I will be buying a plan soon, very excited about it!!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love this thread lol! So fascinating to think about all this stuff. Hopefully we can have a boy despite me being a sahm military cop wife Haha! Something interesting though is I was pregnant before this deployment and had a girl. But all the wives who got pregnant after their husbands deployment are having a boy! Must be the return from war thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emmir4356 View Post
    I pressed the button with the quotation mark and plus sign, does that mean bump? Sorry I am new to this site.
    just posting again in the thread bumps it up to the top of my rotation.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris.kai View Post
    I love this thread lol! So fascinating to think about all this stuff. Hopefully we can have a boy despite me being a sahm military cop wife Haha! Something interesting though is I was pregnant before this deployment and had a girl. But all the wives who got pregnant after their husbands deployment are having a boy! Must be the return from war thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You guys, please don't read so much into any of this stuff.

It is diet, exercise, lifestyle, and number of attempts. Don't start down this rabbithole of worrying about these uncontrollable things because in most cases they are a)completely speculative and b) are not in our control anyway. Especially for blue swayers, stewing over the uncontrollable elements and despairing over them is really not the way to go.

Focus on what you CAN control.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emmir4356 View Post
    Interesting, so I wonder if couples who have been together longer tend to have more girls, as frequent sex goes down the longer you are together...

That actually kind of makes sense for the military thing too. Military couples are often apart a lot.. the men work long hours and often are too exhausted and also I think the fact that the military is hard on marriages so sex may be happening less because of that too. I also kind of theorize that men with jobs that are high stress and low pay (fire fighters, cops, military) like you mentioned sway pink.. perhaps the high stress lowers sperm count and even the low pay makes it seem as though times are hard.

The reason I mentioned SAHM is that so many women here on base are stay at home moms. Like you mentioned, military pay is low and I wonder if that feeling of powerlessness sways pink because they are relying on one income, that tends to be low?

Very fascinated with this stuff. Part of my questions are also because I am helping my younger cousin write her senior thesis on gender ratios and factors that influence it. Since your site seems to be so much more successful than Shettles, i figured I would ask some questions to help her get some ideas. I will be buying a plan soon, very excited about it!!
    All this stuff is just speculation. Fun to talk about, but not that informative for our purposes unfortunately.

about the stress. I didn't even get into any of that in my explanation but yes absolutely - stress on both the man and the wife worrying about things she cannot control can potentially sway pink.

about being a military wife and having those challenges and concerns. Absolutely could potentially sway pink.

My point was more that this doesn't necessarily translate beyond that because a LOT of people who have the luxury of being SAHM are pretty well off.

Happy to answer all the questions you have!! just as long as everyone understands that at the end of the day, these are all just speculative and to do what works for most people most of the time. You'd be surprised how many times this type of thread is the genesis for people telling me, "well I decided that doing diet and exercise is too hard, so I have decided to sleep with a recording of gunfire playing in my ear to cause stress because that will then sway pink" or something along those lines (thankfully never that particular scenario LOL but things like that). So people who are looking for reasons not to do the hard parts of swaying often seize on these types of threads to try to find some shortcut with absolutely no observable support behind it while skipping the things that do work but are harder to implement.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh and if you'd be so kind bump this for me as I have some stuff I have to do today, and I'll come back first thing tomorrow to fill u in about how we learned the one attempt sways.
    So. When we started this journey all the way back in 2010 (and I'd been researching swaying on a different site for 2 years before that) no one had ever guessed that number of attempts might sway. We thought timing (though I was already quite skeptical of timing since I have so many timing opposites), ph, frequency, supplements, antihistamine, etc. all the old school stuff - at least had SOME control over outcome.

On the other sway sites, their approach has been historically to tell people "if you do not do all these things and continue on till menopause not conceiving, your sway will fail." This was never a good approach for me because a) it creates massive amounts of misery for people as they waste YEARS, in many cases years, plural, out of their dwindling fertile window only to in many cases get boys anyway (and in a heartbreaking number of cases, end up with fertility problems, even ending up with NO BABY at all after spending thousands of dollars on medical treatment for an entirely avoidable problem had they only not tried to sway for 2-3 years) and b) ends up CAUSING failed sways because for every person who continues swaying for a long time, there are many, many others who give up after 6-9 months and stop swaying all together, even doing things to boost their fertility, and get more boys that way (or in some cases, girls, when blue swayers decide "I've gained so much weight, I hate it, I'm going to go on a crash diet" and then they get pregnant after losing a bunch of weight) In some cases, this situatiton was so stressful that people ended up having mental breakdowns and even getting divorced.

So that's what I brought to this site right at the start - a heartfelt belief that we could NOT continue with this same mentality, that we had to put a premium on getting people pregnant quickly so we could protect people's health, their sanity, and their sway.

With me so far? LOL! Sorry, but without the backstory this makes a lot less sense.

As a result of all that, what I did was I had people do the "old school" sway tactics (because at that time, remember, we had no idea what was swaying really) and then add attempts to get pregnant. That made sense - after all, we were doing everything that was said to work, and then just

Well, it worked great for blue (80% success rate for 2 years running) but for pink, it was our worst results of the site. 58%. And it made NO SENSE because at the same time, we could see the LE Dieters were getting WAY better results than the old school dieters. It was baffling and people were starting to lose faith in the approach.

But, right from the start I had determined to track our results differently than the other sites so we could actually SEE what was working. On the other sites, anyone who deviates from this big long list of supposed "must dos" is not included in the results (unless they have a successful sway, in which they are ALWAYS included in the results LOL) and I had been told by several people that they had actually fibbed and exaggerated what they'd done for their sways so they could be counted in the statistics. And people who were honest about what they wanted to do for their sway were often bullied into shutting up.
    There was no way to tell by individual sway tactic, what was really working, and since the system encouraged dishonesty and also because anyone who didn't do EVERY tactic never got to report their results.

Instead, we had EVERYONE post their sways, even if they didn't think their sways were that great. Even if they just did a few little things, we had them post their sways. This enabled us to track the individual tactics - if a person only did timing and aspirin, we could SEE what happened to someone doing timing and aspirin, and it really helped us be able to isolate individual tactics to see if they worked at all.

So after a year or so of disappointing results, but while accumulating that data set (in addition to observations I was making on my own on this site and elsewhere), we finally had enough results to analyze. Just by the grace of God we had tracked number of attempts, I don't even remember why we did, but it was undeniable - the results with one attempt were 70-75% (they varied a little by the month and also whether or not someone did jump and dump or Clomid) and the results with 3 attempts were only 43% and this is WITH otherwise good sways. 2 attempts fell right in the middle at about 60%. Sway tactics, even tactics that we know from scientific studies are completely ineffective, that were exclusively done with one attempt were in the 70-75% range and sway tactics that weren't done with one attempt were lower. The one attempt HAD TO BE SWAYING.

In addition to that, I could look at all those other things that we had thought were swaying - frequency, jelly, antihistamine, the herbs (the herbs in particular got TERRIBLE results), and they didn't seem to be doing anything. We calculated the inverses and found the same people got boys and girls with and without them. We had a statistician analyze the results and she came to the same conclusion - most of the stuff that the old school sway sites were recommending did nothing, and of course as I already mentioned, because people who go on too long not getting pregnant often panic and give up swaying or even sway blue to get pregnant quickly, they were even undermining sways since they all cut odds of conception hugely.

So armed with this information I immediately did an about face. I put emphasis on the one attempt and had people drop the other stuff. Immediately, I mean within a couple of months, our results improved and have stayed up ever since (and this is like 8 years ago now). Some of the tactics we used originally like the herbs and limiting sodium, we've completely given up on and our results have stayed high, even improved.

Over the course of time, our stats on one attempt as more people have done it, have declined. This is because there are a lot of people who will show up, insist they have to try right away, and I have them do the one attempt. Others refuse to do diet and exercise and only do the one attempt. But this doesn't mean one attempt doesn't still work. We know it works because of that previous experience, we basically did an experiment and saw the results on one attempt, and we know it works even though our numbers aren't showing it so clearly right now.

The only things that truly seem to work for women to do for swaying are LE Diet longer than 12 weeks, cardio exercise 60 min a day 4-7 days a week, Clomid or Femara if you can get them, and the one attempt.

(we have branched out over time with the one attempt to include every 4 day method but we still have people start with the one attempt.)

13. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have some theories about the one attempt and I’m curious what you think atomic...

With one attempt, there’s less sperm available than if you have multiple attempts, and lower sperm count=pink. This is probably also best for couples whose men have higher sperm counts. I wonder if the body recognizes lower sperm and the egg attracts the x sperm?

Another theory is that it prevents women’s testosterone from getting too high. Frequent BD will raise women’s testosterone which sways blue.

Third, with less sex, it tricks the body into thinking that times are hard. Sex is a biological need and cutting back is a form of stress in the body, swaying pink. Frequent exposure to sperm raises testosterone?

Very interested to hear your thoughts. I wonder why so many woopsie babies are girls, I guess because they are more likely to have only one attempt because they weren’t trying to get pregnant. Have you noticed surprise babies are more girls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast