Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beware posting about gender/gender disappointment on social media

I just spotted a long article on a very popular website where they had dozens of screenshots from "boy moms" social media posts, making fun of them. Some of the posts were screenshots from Twitter, Facebook, Mumsnet, etc. Granted, some of the posts were pretty weird/disturbing/cringe (of course, there are kookoobird wackypants in every demographic, and many many more people who have no boundaries and think out loud online), but most of them were totally normal things that anyone might say. Things about not liking to buy boy clothes, worrying about our relationship with our sons as they get older, talking about how big the love is between a boy and his mom, moments of humor about boys being messy or whatever, even asking about medical/infant care questions that moms of boys might have was not off limits for these people. They deliberately interspersed normal, wholesome posts with creepy and strange posts to make every woman who is a "boy mom" seem worthy of derision, and took situations that were obvious jokes seriously to make people seem completely unhinged.

A quick Google search informs me that this is, apparently, a thing right now. "Boy moms" have become one of those rare groups it's ok to make fun of ruthlessly, and any post a woman with all/mostly boys makes online is fodder for this meme. They WILL screenshot your posts and share it in other spaces online. Proceed with caution, especially when your posts have your real name attached to them.

I'm sure this is also a thing for women of girls but it's not something that I have personally seen and it didn't come up when I quickly searched for it, even though I got dozens of nasty articles when I Googled "boy moms are the worst". Girl moms, you lovely ladies should also be very, very careful what you're posting in mommy groups because even if shaming "girl moms" isn't as popular as shaming "boy moms" is right now, it is bound to happen, just seems to be the spirit of the times in which we live.

Long story short, be aware that when you're posting on places that lots of people go, not everyone there has your best interests at heart. Be careful about oversharing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks LMSM thanked for this post
    Likes Jazmin, treens liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your advice Atomic. Will keep this in mind.