PDA

View Full Version : Accomplishment!

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Last weekend I made it through Juno, Whip It, and Ghost World and I didn't have GD at all. I am really proud LOL!

I never thought I would get to this place!

Lisa
January 22nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
What about Mamma Mia? That one always gets me!

nuthinbutpink
January 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
It's funny what can set GD off. Sometimes you never see it coming. Juno is so sweet and she has a little boy though! See, it made me sad because it was a sweet little boy.

WantingButWaiting
January 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
What about this is GD-inducing? Just curious because Juno and Ghost World didn't make me GD-y at all. Haven't seen Whip It. You know what movie kills me with GD? Waitress. Grr hate that movie.

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
I don't know, but those movies are big GD triggers for me! I think it's the idea of a teenage daughter.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
It's funny what can set GD off. Sometimes you never see it coming. Juno is so sweet and she has a little boy though! See, it made me sad because it was a sweet little boy.

Oh my gosh, waitress is one that stayed with me forever. It was such a sweet movie, but always pictured myself cooking with my little girl. So even before we started ttc'ing for our second, I started baking with my little boy and guess what?...he LOVES it. Now we bake together all the time, he's my little cook :-)

skrimpy
January 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Juno is the only movie that made me happy... all the other movies about getting knocked up end up with a baby girl (except Riding in Cars with Boys... and she clearly has GD in that one). I grumbled at all of them because they were signs. And they were... *sigh*

I've decide with my next baby I'm not watching any knocked up movies til I know the gender.

desperatefordresses
February 2nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
I am happy for you that you are in such a great place!

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Juno is the only movie that made me happy... all the other movies about getting knocked up end up with a baby girl (except Riding in Cars with Boys... and she clearly has GD in that one). I grumbled at all of them because they were signs. And they were... *sigh*

I've decide with my next baby I'm not watching any knocked up movies til I know the gender.

My friend and I had a long thread on IG about that VERY thing! She had noticed the exact same thing, whenever the mom is accidentally pg and it's a magical wonderful experience, it's almost always a girl. (Waitress, Knocked Up) When it's a teen pregnancy and potentially life-ruining, it's almost always a boy!! (Juno, Riding in Cars with Boys)

I had noticed too that when it's a situation where a child is in danger and the mother/father would move heaven and earth to save their child, it's almost always a boy!! It's no wonder we end up getting GD from movies! Whether you want a boy or a girl, it's like you just can't win!!

TexasMommy
April 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Juno makes me sad because she has a baby boy, Lol.