PDA

View Full Version : looking for premie births

girlmom
April 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
just wondering if anyone has been in or known anyone in the same position i am in. right now im sitting in the hospital at 4cm and 100% effaced. im not bleeding, and my water has not broken. but doctors have no idea what im doing. the plan is just keep me pregnant as long as possiable. but i also know i can be stuck at a 4cm for weeks and weeks. im in this awful pregnancy limbo right now. i either want to be ok and go home or just have the baby and go on from there. of course i want to know if he will be ok if born now too. so any premie stories would help me with my bordom and prepare me for the future. thank you.

LolaInLove
April 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I'm so sorry you are in limbo! You are doing a fantastic job of helping him grow, though, so tons of kudos to you for that. I have a friend who had a 30 weeker and he was in the NICU for a few months, but he is fine now. She all of the sudden went into preterm labor though. I think he weighed a hair under or over 3lbs, I can't remember, but he is a totally normal cute 5yo now, a little on the petite side, but he's awesome and smart, no issues other than a few dental things. We are all keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers, girlmom!!!!!!

Zivic-Bubac
April 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I hope you'll stay at 4cm for at least a week or so :pray:

I know one premie boy, born at 27 weeks and he made it. He is 2yo now, a bit smaller then other kids his age, but no other issues-he is walking, talking ( better then my nephew who is full term baby) and driving his parents crazy lol!

You made it for quite a while at 3cm, good job! :agree:

nuthinbutpink
April 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
30 weeks will be awesome to get to so FX that happens. I think if baby is good size, all can be fine. I know one 26 weeker and one 27 weeker- both boys. They are mostly normal, normal IQs and totally functioning. One has a lifetime shunt in his head for fluid and the other is totally fine just his skull looks a little different. So, 30 weeks is great. I was 4-5 cm for weeks at the end with DD3 and ended up having to be induced!

Princess of Pink
April 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
If you could keep him in for a few more weeks that would be excellent. My DD#2 was born at 31 weeks and only had to stay in hospital for 4 weeks. Not a single thing wrong with her at all. Good luck hon!!!

Just1wish
April 21st, 2012, 08:11 AM
My DS3 was born at 28 weeks.2lb 4oz.he was so strong.breathed on his own without any help atall.he spent 6 weeks in NICU (came home at 34 weeks).he's now a strong healthy 3 year old whom I consider to be very advanced in his learning and capabilities.I was also told by his consultant who he was discharged from at 2 years old,that he 100% escaped his prematurity.I know it's hard but try not to worry too much !hope this helps :) !

girlmom
April 21st, 2012, 12:39 PM
thank you everyone that really does help. some of the doctors are really nice and i just love the nicu people here who have answered so many of my questions. but you know there are always a few who aren't so nice. a few doctors and nurses who just tell me how awful this is and how my son won't ever be normal and how he may get cerabel palsey or brain bleeds or have a stroke. something awful like that. those little seeds of doubt they planted in there just grow and grow and then i freak out and cry and they yell at me some more about being hysterical and making myself go into labor.

Just1wish
April 21st, 2012, 12:59 PM
as fragile looking and tiny as preemie babies are,they are fighters with incredible strength.babies instinctively will fight for survival.I think your baby will be fine the doctors told me all them things too.an I was also told that was the very worst case scenario.I think they just have to cover there own backs.they told me the same when in premature labour with DS1 at 32 weeks.he was in NICU for 4 days only.i now have a trans abdominal cervical suture and ive had 2 term babies whilst I've had it.still,hoping you keep baby cooking a good while lOnger.I'm wishing you and your baby the very best !