PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wish they could turn back the clock?

4BOYS
April 20th, 2012, 10:41 PM
DH offered me to do HT and i just kept telling him that swaying would work and heaps of people are getting their girls , i promised him it would work , i just believed in my heart swaying would work for me ,i am still actually shocked it didnt , i wish i knew where i went wrong? I really should of just done HT
I am often asking myself "why me " ,"why has swaying worked for so many and not me?"

TTC5
April 20th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Can you post your nub to share? Wait and see what the next scan says xx

rainbowflower
April 21st, 2012, 02:46 AM
aww *hugs*
noone is psychic and knows what the future will hold. For all you know you'd have both tried HT this time and not got pregnant at all, or not had any healthy females to transfer and instead just have wasted the money. Don't feel bad for trying swaying especially before you know if it has really failed or not.

I've seen a number of "typical" boy nubs that have turned out to be girls, too, so you're definitely not out yet!

(and FWIW, I have had a lot of girl guesses but that's awful as it means I'm getting my hopes up and trying to prepare myself to disappoint everyone who has said they're so sure it's a girl. I'm not sure at all! I'd much rather have had boy guesses so I could prepare myself for a boy better in advance)

zanacal
April 21st, 2012, 04:39 AM
{hugs} 4Boys. I just looked at your scan photos and I don't think it's a done deal at all! I think maybe your photos look a little like Mocha's? Will you find out for sure at some point or wait until the birth?

4BOYS
April 21st, 2012, 04:44 AM
ive booked a private scan for next week when im 16+3 but im so scared im thinking of backing out ,not sure if im in the frame of mind to hear for sure :sad:

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM
I'm sorry 4Boys. I wish I knew why some sways work out and some don't. :( At the end of it all, Mother Nature and God just don't want them to.

I agree with Rainbow, while I think HT is a great option for many people it's not a guarantee for all unfortunately.

I know it's hard to believe now, but I'm grateful every day for my failed sway and my 4th boy is a dream. My husband was even just talking about it last night - he's good natured and funny and we can't imagine not having him. (((hugs)))

Mochagirl
April 21st, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm trying to find your nub shot to look at it but all I could find was your post about the 6 week shot...where is it? I got several boy guesses on my nub and was told at 16W5D it's a girl!

Flava
April 21st, 2012, 12:21 PM
I remember your nub pic and I think looks girlie. It's a strait line pointing up BUT the spine is curved and also pointing up so if you look at that way the nub is flat. I hope it's your girl.

Mochagirl
April 21st, 2012, 12:23 PM
Never mind - I found it - I just wasn't looking back far enough.

I don't think yours is so obviously boy that you need to give up all hope. My scan had a definite angle that made lots of people guess boy. You can find it in the confirmed girl scans.

I'm sorry you're going through all this stress, and I really hope you end up hearing girl...but atomic's right that you won't be able to imagine life without this baby eventually, boy or girl :HH:.

Sugaree
April 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Good luck at your scan. I don't put a lot of stock on the nub theory so I think there's still a good chance it's a girl.

4BOYS
April 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks so much everyone , the nub theory has caused so much stress i wish i never about it in the first place ,at least i could have enjoyed the first half of my pregnancy instead of being stressed the whole time :sad:

Zivic-Bubac
April 22nd, 2012, 04:10 AM
i just believed in my heart swaying would work for me ,i am still actually shocked it didnt , i wish i knew where i went wrong?
I am often asking myself "why me " ,"why has swaying worked for so many and not me?"

Yes, exactly the same here but the opposite way-it's another girl for us.
DH wasn't for 3rd child anyway but I was insisting like crazy and there I have it, another daughter.

I wish I could go back in time and never tried but the idea of a baby boy is stucked in my mind :sad: I was told 'girl' twice, 12 week u/s and 15 week u/s and I decided it's better for my mental health not to hear more girl annoucements so I'll tell on my next u/s NOT TO TELL ME the gender.

Off I go to see your nub shots. FX it's a :XX: you're cookin' in there!!!!

Zivic-Bubac
April 22nd, 2012, 04:23 AM
OK, I saw your nub shots and to be honest I can't see a nub at all?
Plus you nub shots looks like mine and I was told girl so there is still a strong chance for a :XX: FX I"m right!!!!! :luck:

Myloves
April 22nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
I can't see one either, Zivic. I reckon there's still a chance you could be having a girl, 4boys!

4BOYS
April 22nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Ok so ive decided to keep my gender scan on friday because im going CRAZY

KnockYourBallsOff
April 22nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through all those emotions. I am too...already...from that damn Ramzi theory. This is all so hard. I agree that your nub is not the end all be all. Although, where I stand emotionally right now, I hate to tell you to hold out hope, b/c my motto seems to be 'prepare to hear boy' so that I don't suffer too much.

I think it's good you're going for the private scan. I will too. I have to face it and come to grips. DH wants to be team green, but I know for me, and my family, I have to face the music.

Praying hard you hear girl on Friday!!!

4BOYS
April 23rd, 2012, 02:09 AM
KYBO -Yep you are right im going in thinking its a boy just to protect myself emotionally, best way to do it and face the music is a perfect way to put it ,i hope you also hear girl!!
I had my midwife appointment today and was so lucky to get the lady i did because as soon as the words "wow 4 boys i bet your hoping for a girl this time" came out of her mouth ,i just lost it crying and she was very appologetic and hugged me and had a chat to me and was so very understanding and i explained HT to her and she said "if this is another boy DO IT you will have 5 whats 1 more going to hurt usually you lose count after 3 anyhow" it was the first time i had laughed in weeks she somehow knew just what to say :happy:
im still having issues with DH over it all just because we had the money asside for HT and he is pissed that i just didnt leave it up to science when hardcore swaying failed me once before, His exact words "it didnt work the first time yet you went back for more ,what is wrong with you? " i got angry at him but i know he is right :rolleyes:

TTC5
April 23rd, 2012, 02:12 AM
GL for Friday have everything crossed for you still!

pinkin2011
April 23rd, 2012, 03:58 AM
4BOYS , I feel so sick after my 12 week ultrasound today I feel yuck... Looks like I am having another boy too... Cant say I know how you feel, but I am feeling it!

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
Hey 4boys, I know exactly how you feel... I even emailed some people that I know through the boards saying I wish I had just waited longer until I had felt more "baby fever" regardless of gender. I am so happy really with my 2 little ones.... and then something happend 2 days ago: I woke up with a bleed, I have never experienced any bleeding during pregnancy (or any other issues for htat matter) and I thought I was going ot loose him.... I instantly thought he felt I didnt want him (which is not the case, I just wish I had waited) and I saw myself miscarrying him... and my heart broke at hte thought. I have seen him suck his little thumb and he has the same head shape as ds2 and the same mouth and nose profile like my dd... It has brought me back to thinking that this is actually an individual who will be part of our family if all goes well. Regardless of gender. The same will happen for you, once he is here, you will not be able to imagine your life without him. I am not saying you will loose your desire for a daughter, but the love for your 4th son (is he is a boy) will make you want him so so much xx

4BOYS
April 23rd, 2012, 04:51 AM
4BOYS , I feel so sick after my 12 week ultrasound today I feel yuck... Looks like I am having another boy too... Cant say I know how you feel, but I am feeling it!

This was me also as soon as i posted my pics , i took a look at your pics and im no expert at nubs but i honestly cant see a nub in your pics , you should go over to ingender and scroll through the comfirmed girl nubs and you would be shocked at some of the "boy nubs" that actually were girls it might make you feel a bit better , im having a scan on friday because the nub theory has made me crazy and i cant wait till 20 weeks .
I hope you feel better and i hope even more you get a suprise and its a little girl GL

pinkin2011
April 23rd, 2012, 05:05 AM
I dont think I will be sleeping well tonight! I wish I too had never heard of the nub theory either.. But I really could not go without putting up my pics. I was not even going to find out gender but now I just have to know! I wish i could know now! I am more so not that fussed on my babies nub at the moment I am more so fussed on the skull It screams boy to me big time just looking at my pics. I cant even see a nub on them..
I so hope you hear girl at your scan I will be wishing and hoping for you

4BOYS
April 23rd, 2012, 05:08 AM
Hey 4boys, I know exactly how you feel... I even emailed some people that I know through the boards saying I wish I had just waited longer until I had felt more "baby fever" regardless of gender. I am so happy really with my 2 little ones.... and then something happend 2 days ago: I woke up with a bleed, I have never experienced any bleeding during pregnancy (or any other issues for htat matter) and I thought I was going ot loose him.... I instantly thought he felt I didnt want him (which is not the case, I just wish I had waited) and I saw myself miscarrying him... and my heart broke at hte thought. I have seen him suck his little thumb and he has the same head shape as ds2 and the same mouth and nose profile like my dd... It has brought me back to thinking that this is actually an individual who will be part of our family if all goes well. Regardless of gender. The same will happen for you, once he is here, you will not be able to imagine your life without him. I am not saying you will loose your desire for a daughter, but the love for your 4th son (is he is a boy) will make you want him so so much xx

Oh No i hope you are ok and the bleeding has stopped, i agree with feeling bad that my baby might feel how i feel and i worry everyday that these feelings are going to harm the baby somehow ,but in saying that i had BAD GD with DS2 even worse than DS3 & DS4 ,and then he came out and well let me tell you he blew me away ,even as a newborn he was gorgeous like even if i had of been a girl she wouldnt of been as good looking as him ,everyone says all my boys are all gorgeous looking but there is just something about DS2 ,i was and still am so close to that little man , so i know in the end for me this does go after the birth its just while im pregnant that it is HELL :sad:
I really hope you and your little guy are ok :pray: x

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 05:12 AM
I think everything is ok right now, they said lots of women experience bleeding, although I never did and this is 4th pregnancy AND I am in week 15 (I think bleeding usually starts way earlier).

Anyway, I wish we were closer, I would invite you over, we would look at gorgeous boy clothes that we could dress our fellas in and look at all the upsides xxxx

rainbowflower
April 23rd, 2012, 05:14 AM
good luck for Friday!

rainbowflower
April 23rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
I think everything is ok right now, they said lots of women experience bleeding, although I never did and this is 4th pregnancy AND I am in week 15 (I think bleeding usually starts way earlier).

Anyway, I wish we were closer, I would invite you over, we would look at gorgeous boy clothes that we could dress our fellas in and look at all the upsides xxxx

just notice you've got it as a boy already - how do you know for certain if you're only 15 weeks?

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 05:17 AM
just notice you've got it as a boy already - how do you know for certain if you're only 15 weeks?
I had all my kids confirmed at their 13 week scan. It is not unusual here and in fact in some other central European countries that I have friends in. And I have never heard of any being wrong. Besides I have looked at so many early gender scans that really there is no doubt, my daughter looked completely different.

4BOYS
April 23rd, 2012, 05:19 AM
I dont think I will be sleeping well tonight! I wish I too had never heard of the nub theory either.. But I really could not go without putting up my pics. I was not even going to find out gender but now I just have to know! I wish i could know now! I am more so not that fussed on my babies nub at the moment I am more so fussed on the skull It screams boy to me big time just looking at my pics. I cant even see a nub on them..
I so hope you hear girl at your scan I will be wishing and hoping for you

Oh no i did not even get into the skull theory only because DS1 & DS2 on their videos seem to have "girly" skulls and DS3 & DS4 have really "boy" Skulls ,i defently did not need something else to go crazy over, the nub has done that more than enough for me :worry:

Indira
April 23rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
and i am angry at the tech because she said she was not going to give me a nub shot as she didnt want me obsessing over something that she has seen alot of opposites from yet she gave me that pic (unless what i think is the nub isnt ?)

I havenīt seen your pic but it sounds like she avoided to give you a picture with the nub.
When I had my 20 weeks scan I told the tech I didnīt want to find out so he never looked in that area.
Then afterwards I thought there were some clues in the femur shot so I spend a couple of evenings looking at other peopleīs pics, after seeing soo many scans my conclusion was that what I saw are little bones-ofcourse he didnīt give me a pic with any clues!
:luck::luck::luck:Good luck for Friday

CherryBlossom
April 26th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Best of luck with your scan today =D

lisvna
April 28th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Any news?

moof4
June 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM
sorry you are feeling this way, hoping you can enjoy your pregnancy. your husband will fall in love when your baby comes boy or girl xx

Damienne
June 26th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Do you know the gender yet? I think boy, but I hope for you that it will beva little girl!

Wanting-a-girl
November 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
I'm guessing it was a boy... She never cam back to tell :(