PDA

View Full Version : Theory by birth order

Zivic-Bubac
April 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Take the month your baby is DUE. Your first child start the cycle. Count m/c as well.

January - :DD:
February - :DS:
March - :DD:
April - :DS:
May - :DD:
June - :DS:
July - :DD:
August - :DS:
September - :DD:
October - :DS:
November - :DD:
December - :DS:

So how it works? My DD1 was due in September - girl month which had put me in the line for girl next. It was correct, I had DD2. DD2 was due in August - boy month, which had put me in the line for a boy next :pray:

It was wrong for my SIL tho, her DS1 was due in January, so according to this, her next baby should have been a girl, but they had DS2. They are going to try for #3, DS2 was born in Sept - girl month, they are hoping for a girl this time, we'll see if it works this time.

Hobbermittens
April 22nd, 2012, 10:54 AM
I don't get it. Do I change the B/G according to my first child--she was a girl, born in April. On the list you show, that month is boy, so do I change the order? ?

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Nope, wrong for 4 of 5 again.

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
I don't get it. Do I change the B/G according to my first child--she was a girl, born in April. On the list you show, that month is boy, so do I change the order? ?

I think you don't count the gender of your first child - the baby gender in the month you give birth indicates the gender of your NEXT child.

coocoobananas
April 22nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Mine is right but I'm sure by pure coincidence! But I like it;)

coocoobananas
April 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Oh, cause it said I was due for a girl next of course!!

Zivic-Bubac
April 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
my first child--she was a girl, born in April. On the list you show, that month is boy, so do I change the order? ?You don't change anything. She was born in April, boy month, which indicated you were having a boy next ( which is correct btw :agree: )
I'm so sorry for my English, I know it's confusing most of the time lol!

Mochagirl
April 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Wrong for all of mine!

Zivic-Bubac
April 22nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Wrong for all of mine!

Maybe it works in the opposite way for you? :wink:

ynwa
April 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
I hope this is right I would be on for a dd next

Hobbermittens
April 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
I think you don't count the gender of your first child - the baby gender in the month you give birth indicates the gender of your NEXT child.

So if I had a girl in April, and that is a boy month, does it mean my next child would be a boy? He was. So do I then go to the month he was born to see what the 3rd child should have been? because that was wrong (says boy, had a girl). Then the next time I had a girl in March, says girl, does that mean girl this time? Am I doing it right??

Hobbermittens
April 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
You don't change anything. She was born in April, boy month, which indicated you were having a boy next ( which is correct btw :agree: )
I'm so sorry for my English, I know it's confusing most of the time lol!

Your english is great, actually--I didn't have any idea it wasn't your first language until recently, when you mentioned on some other thread where you are from!!

Look at the other post I made (above) and see if I am doing it right?

ynwa
April 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
I am doing this right?
Ds 1 April (boy month)
Ds2 sept (girl month)

HappyLea
April 22nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Omg...if i done it right it is correct for me, I like this one as then says i will be having girl next :D

DS1 October (boy month)
DS2 April (boy month)
DS3 - May (girl month)

Zivic-Bubac
April 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
So if I had a girl in April, and that is a boy month, does it mean my next child would be a boy? He was. So do I then go to the month he was born to see what the 3rd child should have been? because that was wrong (says boy, had a girl). Then the next time I had a girl in March, says girl, does that mean girl this time? Am I doing it right??

Yep, you're doing it right! Hope it's wrong for the last one tho! :luck:

Hobbermittens
April 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Yep, you're doing it right! Hope it's wrong for the last one tho! :luck:

Well, it was wrong for #3, so I don't have much confidence in it. But I do think this baby is a girl anyway.

auroara78
April 22nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
It was wrong for my 3rd...I'm having a girl and it says my next should be a boy.

DS1 Oct--boy month next which is right for DS2, however April is a boy month and I'm having a girl now.

fresas
April 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
I have never heard this one!

I don't know how to count my first since he was due in Sept (girl month), but was born pre-term at 34 weeks in August (boy month).

If I use the month he was born in (August), then the chart is right for DS 2.

And my miscarried baby would have been a boy according to this chart, but born in November which is a girl month, so according to this chart, next baby will be a girl. I guess we'll see. :)

3Pink1Blue
April 22nd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Fresas I'm in the same boat. Dd1 due Feb but born March. Either way I m/c after her so who knows, it's wrong for dd2 but right for dd3 and ds.

Pangea
April 23rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
I like this one because it was right for DS2 and it predicts a girl for me next! I wouldn't put much faith in it though!

Butterfly Spirit
April 23rd, 2012, 06:02 AM
1/2 sons is correct for this. I'll go more with chinese gender predictor! ;)

Isn't it fun how we find more ways to torture ourselves about gender?

Did you ladies do your Red Cabbage Gender test at 8-10 weeks? I CAN'T WAIT!!! HaHaHa ;)

Butterfly Spirit
April 23rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
I got one for you ladies. Hairline Gender Old Wives Tale..
Examine the back of your youngest child's head. If the hair line is straight across you're supposed to have a BOY next.
If it's shaped like a v/duck tailed then you're supposed to have a GIRL next.

I have been thinking about this since DS#2 was born. His hairline is the CUTEST little ducktail and DS #1 has his hairline straight across!

princesssarah34
April 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
If this was right for me I should have a boat load of girls!!! But I don't! SO totally wrong for me!

purplepoet20
April 23rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Complete oppisite for all my pregnacies!

Indira
April 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
It is right for DS2 and says girl for this one :)

Yuzu
April 24th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Wrong for all of mine, too! It was fun though.

Myloves
April 24th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Was wrong for me with Ds2 - Ds1 was born during a girl month, which would mean that I would have a girl next... but I had a second boy. And DS2 was born during a boy month, which would mean that DD should have been a boy and she's definitely a girl. It's all good fun though.

Apparently if I were to ever have a fourth, I would have a second daughter next because dd is born during a girl month. But since mine seems to work the opposite way, I'd probably end up with another boy... Guess it's a sign I'm done! ;)

love being a mummy
April 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Take the month your baby is DUE. Your first child start the cycle. Count m/c as well.

January - :DD:
February - :DS:
March - :DD:
April - :DS:
May - :DD:
June - :DS:
July - :DD:
August - :DS:
September - :DD:
October - :DS:
November - :DD:
December - :DS:

So how it works? My DD1 was due in September - girl month which had put me in the line for girl next. It was correct, I had DD2. DD2 was due in August - boy month, which had put me in the line for a boy next :pray:

I think I have worked out.
Is this right.
#1 is a girl born in Dec, a boy month so #2 should be a boy,
#2 is a boy born in August, a boy month so #3 should be a boy,
but #3 is a girl born in Nov a girl month so #4 should be a girl
#4 is a girl born in Jan a girl month so #5 should be a girl
#5 is a girl born in May a girl month so if I have #6 it should be a girl.

Looks like it was correct for 4 of mine.
Pretty good odds.
Most of these things I am lucky to get 2 correct.

DreamingofXX
April 29th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Wrong for all mine. Says ALL of my kids should be girls, and I have ALL boys! Well, except I don't know what I am pregnant with now. I am praying for pink!

toomanyboys
April 29th, 2012, 03:19 AM
i am sorry but i don't see how this makes sense...what of your due month was march but baby was born in april? which is what happened to my DS2 and DD1 was due may but born in april?

Zivic-Bubac
April 29th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Take the month your baby was DUE. Not the month your baby was born.

My DD1 was due Sept27, but she was born Oct 4th, so I take September, because then was my due date.

So, your DS2 was due in March which means you should have a girl next, obviously wrong.
Your DD1 was due in May, which means your next should be a girl. We,ll see if it works this time.

SophiaRose
December 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
didn't work for 2/3 of mine..

NearlyDone
December 15th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Lol im sure its a coincidence but got all 5 of mine right.....means number 6 would also be a boy as my last 2 were december babies

Inky
December 15th, 2012, 04:13 PM
1st child was due in September. Predicated my next would be a girl (correct).
2nd child was due in December. Predicated my next would be a boy (correct).
3rd child was due in June. Predicts my next will be a boy (and I have a FEELING that is correct., but I don't know uet).

Violet_
December 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
This seems to be right for me. Which says my next would be a girl. But if you count miscarriage then I think the chemical I had in Oct would have been a girl, which I feel was correct. Which means this one is another boy. I don't think I can carry girls.

Inky
December 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Oh, I guess if I count my chemical then my current will be a girl.

Boymomsrock
December 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM
wrong on all.

Rainbow baby
December 15th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Well it was right for all my here kids and my angel son, it says my early m/c was a girl well I don't know that and wont. It also said my next baby is a girl. Hoping I it is right for me!!!! Or maybe coincidence.. I think is more likely it had a 50/50 chance either way. but fun to do nonetheless. :)

hotdogz&boyz
December 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Ds1: Due in November, predicts girl (wrong)
Ds2: Due in October, predict boy (wrong)
Dd1: Due in May, predict a potential 4th child will be a girl (and I would venture to say it will be wrong! Lol)

I did have a lot of losses though, so I doubt I have any idea how accurate this is.

spinningmadly
December 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Mine was right without my late loss but wrong with it.

I did also have a lot of early m/c so who knows

Mum23boys
December 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
all wrong for me i have 2 boys in july and 1 in septemeber and according to chart should be girls. This one will be due in august ( uless scan puts us to july) so a boy for august so if the reverse trend keeps working for me it will be agirl - fingers crossed

Hobbermittens
December 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Turns out this was right for 2 of mine and wrong for 2 of mine. 50/50.

Tiggerian
December 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Right for all mine o_O Wierd!

According to it I should have a girl next time.. :P

mummyof3boys
December 27th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Lol all mine were girl months.... I'm still waiting

Cookie
December 29th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Wow this was right for all of mine :-):think:

True Blue
December 29th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Doesn't work for all mine :)

Bigwish
December 29th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Right for me! Due in december of ds1, ds2 was due in sept! Will mean my next will be a girl! Yay! Praying it'll work...

rainbowflower
December 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
our MC was due in July - predicted girl next, but
DS1 due in December, so it was wrong, and predicted a boy next
DS2 due in October, so that one was correct, and predicts another boy next

so 50-50 for me so far

Alyssasmom789
December 29th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Mine is right for both of my daughters....says boy next. Praying

byebeautiful
January 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Right for me so far but don't know what this BHutan is yet. Says I'm sue for a girl next, I hope so.

ber_waves_of
February 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM
My first was due in Sept, and I had a girl next, so it was correct for me! It says #3 should be a girl....we shall see....I'm finding out TODAY! :)

iluvmy4sons
February 12th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Well so far all mine are correct with being boys. Says I should have a girl this time. I had December, Feb, Oct, May babies.

peaberry86
February 26th, 2013, 01:44 AM
DS was born in May so that means it's a girl next... Hoping it's right!

iluvmy4sons
March 5th, 2013, 07:23 AM
I think this is the only old wives tale/predictor that was right with all my kids. I am having a girl next.

my4leafclover
March 5th, 2013, 07:31 AM
lol all wrong for me....not completely sure about last one yet, will know in a few weeks.

motherofboys
April 16th, 2013, 04:07 PM
DS1 was due in Jan so should have had a girl next. So wrong.
DS2 was born in Oct so boy next. Correct.
DS3 was born in March, so girl next. FINGERS CROSSED!

XXdreaming
April 16th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Crap I hope it isn't right ALL the time lol

Ds1 due dec which is boy month and we had ds2
Ds2 due dec which again boy month and we have ds3
Ds3 due oct which is boy month and we have ds4
Ds4 due in oct which is boy month and I hope it's wrong because I want a dd1 lol

Does this count for m/cs too? Because my last pregnancy wasn't ds4 then, well still don't help me I was due in feb which is another boy month :/

strawberrymom
May 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
DS1 due October which is boy month (correct)
DS2 due September which is girl month (correct) !

luvlyjewels
October 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM
It was correct for all 3 of mine says I should be having girl next...we will see

sweetdream
February 6th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Wrong for me twice. NeXT is girl again. Lets hope so.

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Nope, wrong for 4 of 5 again.

just wanted to reanswer this since it's coming back around again, this was wrong for 4 of 5 of my children.

Rosie85
February 6th, 2014, 03:45 PM
wrong for 1 of mine...not sure if I answered last time it came around!

dreaminginblue
February 11th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Nope, DD1 was born in August showing we'd have a boy next, DD2 came along December which shows boy next. Chinese calender said DD1 should've been a boy but obviously not, though she is a tomboy but was right about DD2

kellbell827
February 11th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Ok this actually seems to be right for me.
My DD was born in June and it says a boy was next.
My DS was born 2 years later in July.
I had my 1st m/c which would've been due in December 2013 - didn't know the gender but said the next one was a boy.
My 2nd m/c was a boy, he would've been due in March but says this next baby is a girl.
Hoping it's right even though I think it is coincidence lol!! :fx:

Throwaway_panther
May 18th, 2016, 10:40 PM
This says when baby is due, but does it mean EDD or actual delivery month?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Try it both ways and see what it says! :) (I know you don't know when your baby is going to be born yet though!)

This is an OWT meaning that you have flexibility to do it whatever way makes sense to YOU. Since you don't know when your baby will be born yet, then do EDD. :)

Throwaway_panther
May 19th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Try it both ways and see what it says! :) (I know you don't know when your baby is going to be born yet though!)

This is an OWT meaning that you have flexibility to do it whatever way makes sense to YOU. Since you don't know when your baby will be born yet, then do EDD. :)

Thanks Atomic *sigh* I don't know why I went off the deep end last night digging through older posts on here. I'm all anxious now about having this baby in May, when before I was ecstatic to be potentially going early... and even doing this on multiple people I know in real life is mixed! (My second sister should have been a boy; my niece should have been a boy; my husband's sister should have been a boy, another soon-to-be niece should have been a boy). I'm even realizing... where even is the source of this, haha?!

I think the underlying anxiety of having a baby is making me go all over the place, and the "control diet/get a boy" is my go to coping :worry:

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2016, 01:16 PM
So what is it saying that you'll have another girl if you have a baby in May?? I can't remember how this one works but I do remember it was wrong for me. :) I know it messes with your head though. Everyone thinks that I'm being a harda$$ since I don't like you guys doing the OWT "They're just for fun!!" But for many of us, even though OTHER people can do it for fun, we can't, because it messes with our heads so much. Even when we KNOW with every fiber of our beings that they are totally bogus it still messes with our heads. :/

Throwaway_panther
May 19th, 2016, 01:27 PM
So what is it saying that you'll have another girl if you have a baby in May?? I can't remember how this one works but I do remember it was wrong for me. :) I know it messes with your head though. Everyone thinks that I'm being a harda$$ since I don't like you guys doing the OWT "They're just for fun!!" But for many of us, even though OTHER people can do it for fun, we can't, because it messes with our heads so much. Even when we KNOW with every fiber of our beings that they are totally bogus it still messes with our heads. :/

Yeah, it says I'd have a girl if I have the baby in May... but I'm due in June, hence my question!

I definitely don't think you're a hardass... I'm glad you're as anti-OWT as you are, because I have taken much solace in being that way too! That's why I'm sitting here going, "Almost every scientific study points to me being able to have a boy... but this random forum post is making me doubt everything?!" How long can I keep blaming pregnancy hormones for this craziness, lolol?!

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2016, 01:50 PM
It's not hormones and it's not irrational either. I've read a very convincing evolutionary biology discussion about belief in the supernatural and the jist was, it is actually somewhat irrational and unscientific to write off ANYTHING just out of hand - I mean back in the day, can you imagine being the dude who was like "disease is caused by these tiny things that are invisible and I don't know what they are yet but they're totally THERE!!" or "there is an invisible force that is sucking us down to the earth or else we'd go flying off into space, look, this apple just hit me on the head" It sounds crazy!

It's actually scientific and rational to keep an open mind about things and to acknowledge there are more things in heaven and earth than Richard Dawkins ever could possibly imagine, and just because we don't understand how something might work yet - it's actually unscientific and irrational to not at least pause to consider the validity of everything that comes your way.

Now, the obvious downside is that there is a quirk of our brains that makes us have that niggling voice of doubt in the back of our minds when faced with things that are NOT true as well, but ironically it's actually a STRENGTH to do that and not a weakness. :)

BunnyGirl19
May 19th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Interesting. I've never heard this OWT before. That said, it's wrong for all of mine, but half right for the twins since I'm having one of each. LOL