PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding in week 15

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 03:10 AM
Perhaps someone can help me, here is what happened to me:

Some days ago, I was 14+3 (I am 14+5 today) I got the shivers and felt nauseous and sick as if I was coming down with a tummy bug. I went to bed and fell asleep instantly. Woke up at 1am feeling very sick, but couldnt throw up as my tummy was empty. Was very tired and went back to sleep. At 4am my dd woke up thirsty. I got up to get her some water and suddenly felt a gush of warm fluids run down my legs, it was different to anything I have felt before, (probably like waters breaking, but mine never broke naturally, they were ruptured at almost 10cms by my midwife each time). The gush was uncontrollable, it just came running out. I went to the bathroom to switch on a light and saw that I had left a trail of blood stained water (that is how I would describe it, it was light red) from my bed to my dds bed to the bathroom.... My husband (who is an OB) said we wouldnt have to go to hospital immediately as the bleeding then stopped. It was like somethign had burst.... The next mornign we went in and the scan showed nothing. no abnormalities. So they said that most likely it was some kind of a hemmorrhage bleed, only they couldnt see it.

Who has experienced this? Wouldnt they see it if it was a hemorrhage? I have had the most indepth 12 week scan by a super experienced Tech (my husbands colelague, very very senior. She scanned me for almost an hour checking absolutely everything just 3 weeks ago!!!) I am so worried that part of my placenta has detached or something like that. (they said the placenta looks fine, but who knows).

I am having a posterior placenta for the first time and this struck me as odd (my 3 other pregnancies had anterior placentas, so maybe that is the safer or better option for me?) I hve never ever bled, not even during the early stages of pregnancy, not even spotting, nothing... so this strikes me as really, really odd.

Would love to hear from someone who had a bleed in the 2nd trimester and what happened next...

TTC5
April 23rd, 2012, 03:12 AM
I had a major bleed at 9 weeks and am now 17+.

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 03:16 AM
Could you kindly explain to me what it was like if this is ok for you? I feel so confused since it was like a fluid tinged with blood rather than pure blood....

Isnt a bleed at 9 weeks still classified as "more normal" than in week 15? I have heard of lots of causes for bleeds in the early weeks, but I am so scared because I am in week 15 and they never saw any hemorrhage or the likes .... I wish they could tell me what is wrong. I am so scared because I have seen my baby fully completed, with his little face and button nose, him sucking his thumb etc.....

TTC5
April 23rd, 2012, 03:32 AM
I was in the shower and had a big gush like someone turned a tap on, of fresh blood.

Do you have a follow up scan? Were your fluid levels ok at the scan? xx

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
yes, sac was intact, baby was well, placenta looked good, nothing out of the ordinary... the said that waters breaking is almost impossible in week 15, he said he had never ever seen this happen during his career..... They think it must be a hemorrhage bleed, only they couldnt find the source... they said to take it easy (?).

I would have another scan in 1 week time anyway with my check up, but might go in again before that, although they said there is no need to check again unless if made me feel better.....Since I am only 15 weeks, they said that unfortunately it will hold no consequence since if there is a problem such as placental abruption the baby could not possibly survive anyway :(

Did they find a reason for your bleed? Was it like pure blood like your AF? Mine wasnt, it really was like amniotic fluid stained with blood

Butterfly Spirit
April 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
yes, sac was intact, baby was well, placenta looked good, nothing out of the ordinary... the said that waters breaking is almost impossible in week 15, he said he had never ever seen this happen during his career..... They think it must be a hemorrhage bleed, only they couldnt find the source... they said to take it easy (?).

I would have another scan in 1 week time anyway with my check up, but might go in again before that, although they said there is no need to check again unless if made me feel better.....Since I am only 15 weeks, they said that unfortunately it will hold no consequence since if there is a problem such as placental abruption the baby could not possibly survive anyway :(

Did they find a reason for your bleed? Was it like pure blood like your AF? Mine wasnt, it really was like amniotic fluid stained with blood

I have read that if you leak amniotic fluid, your sac CAN and will repair itself! Maybe this is what happened to you? :)

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 06:33 AM
oh my god, dont you think they would have seen an indication during the scan though? Also, the amount htat must have leaked... surely the baby would have had hardly any left... I have had no discharge since, so I guess that is a good sign. I wish baby was big enough so I could feel him to know he is well :(

Butterfly Spirit
April 23rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
oh my god, dont you think they would have seen an indication during the scan though? Also, the amount htat must have leaked... surely the baby would have had hardly any left... I have had no discharge since, so I guess that is a good sign. I wish baby was big enough so I could feel him to know he is well :(

You know sweetie I totally wouldn't worry unless it happens again.. GET a Sonaline B doppler off of ebay to help ease your mind, they cost $50 and up. They are WORTH it! I have one.

nuthinbutpink
April 23rd, 2012, 06:53 AM
If your water broke, it continues to leak out. It keeps replenishing itself and if there is a hole, you would still be leaking.

nini
April 23rd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Thanks girls, I agree, as long as there is no further bleeding or leaking I just assume everything is ok. Although I overanalyse every little twinge or sting right now that otherwise I wouldnt even notice....

Yeah, I thought about getting one of those dopplers, although once I can feel baby, I am happy, should only be another 2-4 weeks until I can... please God.

CrystalTipps
April 23rd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Yep, me. I had major bleeds at 6, 7 and [can't remember] weeks. I am 15 weeks now and still bleeding, although the blood is brown. It was from a sub-chorionic haemorrhage. Maybe that's what you had, but it bled out?

PeonyPrincess
April 23rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Just wanted to say I hope everything settles down for you nini. How cool to have your DH as an OB. If they are offering you extra u/s then I would do as many as you need to ressure you. Hopefully it won't be long until you can feel the baby. Take care.

Indira
April 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Sorry you´re in this stressy situation nini.
My BF had several bleedings (bright red) in her second and third trimester, they told her it could be coming from the placenta or that sometimes that just happens without finding the reason. She was seen by the dr. everytime and they never saw anything abnormal on the ultrasound, she had a healthy baby.

nini
April 24th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Thanks guys, I have so far not had any more bleeding, only last night I had some stabbing pains, never felt anythign like it before during pregnancy, it could have been bladder related though, so no idea. I am overanalysing everything now ;)

Not sure I will go for another scan. I would have to take my toddler girl along and wait for ages, so I will probably just wait for my check up appointment on Monday morning... unless I start bleeding again.
xx

auroara78
April 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Nini, I'm glad the bleeding hasn't resumed. That sounds very scary, and I've never experienced that before, so I have no advice to offer, however I just wanted to post that you and your lovely baby blue are in my thoughts. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I agree that it's good to keep your eyes open and be watchful. :hugs:

nini
May 2nd, 2012, 03:05 AM
Hi girls, well, unfortunately I bled again... I had my normal OB check up the next morning anyway and she found a SCH of 3cms below my placenta.... she said not to panic, but its a bit worrying to be bleeding that late (I am 16 weeks now). She said I should prepare for more bleeding as it looks like there is a lot left in there. The general risk is low I think, but of course its not exactly great... pelvic rest for now. This is the first time I ever had to worry about anything during pregnancy and I cant believe its this time, "the optional baby", the one we werent even sure if we should go for it or not... I wonder if this is some kind of a message?

Oh, and its defintiely a a boy, ha ha, he is gorgeous, he looks perfectly healthy, so no problems there at all.

Waiting4Daisy
May 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
nini, sorry to hear about your bleeding. I had SCHs with all my pregnancies but they all resolved by the 12 week scan so I can't offer much advice on that, but I do hope it bleeds out and you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Bleeding is always scary in pregnancy and my bleeding was bright red which was hard not to panic with but at least they are monitoring the situation closely.

And congrats on your 3rd boy! I have 3 boys and they are gorgeous (especially no 3 ;-))

LolaInLove
May 2nd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Glad you are ok and your son looks healthy!

Flava
May 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
I had bleeding at 15 and lost that baby.But it was a m/c not a sch. Hopefully for you it will just clear out and stop soon.
Congrats on your baby boy !:celebrate:

Another princess
May 2nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Glad to hear that all is well Nini x

pebmcpd7
June 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM
what does SCH mean???